VN Ren'Py Sofia's Dark Fantasies [Beta v1.05 + Special] [Greuceanu Heavy Industries]

3.70 star(s) 23 Votes

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
16.jpg

Exciting News! Release 1.05 is out, links on the first page or on our , feel free to post this on svscomics and other sites. We've listend to your feedback and interated a on quite a few parts of the game, excited to see what you all think, not a lot of new content just fixes and small improvements.

We are working already working on the next Chapter and another Special Suprise Event

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
curious what do you guys think about the image style and story;)
I recommend sticking with normalized Genesis 8.1/9 PBR skin shaders, and not rely on AI to enhance the face. Why? Lighting. Light is extremely important, and the AI alters the light of the face, which will make it seem off resulting in an uncanny valley effect. I might be able to get used to it after playing for a while, but that is my initial impression, and first impressions are everything.

IMO, light has to be consistent across every aspect of objects/characters in the scene, and if you use AI to alter the face, the light will change and it will feel off.

Just my 2 cents. Still, I respect your boldness and creativity in attempting such a solution, it's incredibly useful academic wise.

I'll still try the game.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I recommend sticking with normalized Genesis 8.1/9 PBR skin shaders, and not rely on AI to enhance the face. Why? Lighting. Light is extremely important, and the AI alters the light of the face, which will make it seem off resulting in an uncanny valley effect. I might be able to get used to it after playing for a while, but that is my initial impression, and first impressions are everything.

IMO, light has to be consistent across every aspect of objects/characters in the scene, and if you use AI to alter the face, the light will change and it will feel off.

Just my 2 cents. Still, I respect your boldness and creativity in attempting such a solution, it's incredibly useful academic wise.

I'll still try the game.
hey, that's great feedbacka and we've been trying to balance that, the lighting doesn't need to be influenced, it can still be maintaned, AI is used to increase the resolution and enhance details (this isn't a single click a 1 single click and forget, it's a manual and tedious process).

I am excited to see what you think, we are at the begining of our journey and this release is a quick fix 1.0, thoughts and ideas from here that we prioritzed and delivered on.

Hopefully as our releases keep coming the value of AI and our vision will make more sense, a lot of people tend to dismiss AI as a plastic, bad hands and feet but AI is just a tool and we hope that our use of it brings actual value instead of repetitive nonsense.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

I'll still try the game.

This render actually looks quite good. It doesn't feel off, but the other ones I saw so far do have problems.

well the fact that you can't see the lighting changes is a good thing :) thank you, please send me a dm with the ones you find problematic, if you can.

Thanks again:)

Reactions: hakarlman

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
hey, that's great feedbacka and we've been trying to balance that, the lighting doesn't need to be influenced, it can still be maintaned, AI is used to increase the resolution and enhance details (this isn't a single click a 1 single click and forget, it's a manual and tedious process).

I am excited to see what you think, we are at the begining of our journey and this release is a quick fix 1.0, thoughts and ideas from here that we prioritzed and delivered on.

Hopefully as our releases keep coming the value of AI and our vision will make more sense, a lot of people tend to dismiss AI as a plastic, bad hands and feet but AI is just a tool and we hope that our use of it brings actual value instead of repetitive nonsense.
Sounds good, and you're definitely onto something.

For example, I don't see any problems with this render:

The above looks quite well done. I don't get an uncanny valley effect from it at all. It looks stunning. The lighting matches and everything.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Sounds good, and you're definitely onto something.

For example, I don't see any problems with this render:

The above looks quite well done. I don't get an uncanny valley effect from it at all. It looks stunning. The lighting matches and everything.
now that's a reaction that's hard to find:) cheers mate, this our first game and we wanted a take a method that's amazing like creating games using DAZ and disrupt the output and challenge what could be done, it's not perfect and we are getting better at it.

How about the little videos that show up through the game, for Day intros or Scene intro. how are those?

Reactions: hakarlman

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
What an absolutely beautiful model. The boobs are a little oversized but everything else ticks the box. I’m really happy to give this a try. :) :coffee:

Reactions: Udayana

condeorlock

Jul 1, 2023
It looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing your work. I'll wait for a couple of updates and try to contribute. It's my policy after some disappointments with other games/developers. I wish you luck.

Reactions: Greuceanu
3.70 star(s) 23 Votes