Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
And all the copiers getting their links from this site have to deal with an older, buggier version. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!
Haha :p Whoever had problems with this bug and is able to read can see that there is a bugfix in the OP, because I shared this bugfix here.

Reactions: Baka plays

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018

Dev update

Hey hey folks, how's life?

Everyone in good spirit? Good. And if not maybe this will lift you up a bit.
Got my hands on a Skin shading product and tested it for the characters in Softlinxxx.
The results are pretty awesome i might say. Here, have a look.

1st: Trish
Softlinxxx-Trish2.png

Softlinxxx-Trish1.png

2nd: Zandra

Softlinxxx-Zandra2.png

Softlinxxx-Zandra1.png

Improved shadows, better skin details like muscles, improved the glossy layer, corrected Subsurface scattering and so on.
Especially Zandras`skin looks way better because the Skin shading asset made it possible to get rid of her underlying grayish tone. Now she has a more rose-y, more warmer looking skin.
The best part, and i think you all agree are the way the boobs now have proper shadows which make them look nice and round ... and juicy.

All characters now have a proper feel of depth to them. I prepared a MEGA link for the rest of the cast, so have a look.

The Looks aren't final. I have to tweak Cary-June a bit more, she came out way too pale, although i like pale girls with raven hair. But there's still room for improvement.

That's what i was doing for the last 3 days. Let me know what you think and write your thoughts in the comments.

Stay charged!

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Dev update

Got my hands on a Skin shading product and tested it for the characters in Softlinxxx.

View attachment 1141877

View attachment 1141878

View attachment 1141879

View attachment 1141880

Improved shadows, better skin details like muscles, improved the glossy layer, corrected Subsurface scattering and so on.
Especially Zandras`skin looks way better because the Skin shading asset made it possible to get rid of her underlying grayish tone. Now she has a more rose-y, more warmer looking skin.
The best part, and i think you all agree are the way the boobs now have proper shadows which make them look nice and round ... and juicy.

All characters now have a proper feel of depth to them. I prepared a MEGA link for the rest of the cast, so have a look.

Skin shading test

The Looks aren't final. I have to tweak Cary-June a bit more, she came out way too pale, although i like pale girls with raven hair. But there's still room for improvement.

That's what i was doing for the last 3 days. Let me know what you think and write your thoughts in the comments.

Stay charged!
Damn, that's a powerful woman right there! Big Z looking good. (y)

Deleted member 2613945

Jul 17, 2020

Dev update

View attachment 1141877

View attachment 1141878

View attachment 1141879

View attachment 1141880

Skin shading test

Stay charged!
pale Cary-June looks like actress from old movies :love:
Trish looks better, Keely,Gee and Zandra looks great with shader
i didn't saw any difference in mc's model :FacePalm:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What MC would not like 2 hearty babes chasing him?
I would like to get together again for another 3some and band with those bombshells to hunt the blond babe.
My shining knight wonderful pinnacle of desire will guide me true on my path to throbbing adventures!

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined due to no animations :(
Such a good looking game with nice models needs animations like peanut butter needs jelly.
But nice work regardless.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined due to no animations :(
Such a good looking game with nice models needs animations like peanut butter needs jelly.
But nice work regardless.
Thanks!
Tried animations back when MC had the choice to bang Keely or not but the characters got displaced and trying to correct
the positions reset them. That was pretty weird. Tried the puppeteer mode, but couldn't get the hang of it.
I agree that animation would be nice but animating in DAZ is such a chore and maybe when i get a better GPU some time later this year. And I prefer to have still images than shitty 3 frames animations.

May 27, 2017
Baka plays, I love your game, love all the females in it, especially Keeley and Zandra (mmm love me some big babes). I'd love it if they were even juicier!. Keep up the outstanding work, can't wait to see more!

If I may provide feedback on the new models-
Cary June is too pale, looks like a vampire, I prefer her older model.
Asako looks like she's gained +1 in skin-shade, I love fair skinned Asians.
Geena's original model looks more realistic, her new one is kinda yellowish & unnatural.
Keeley could actually get brighter/paler skin shade, or stay the same, new one looks a bit dull.
Trish's new model looks a bit grey compared to the previous skin-tone.

All of the other new models look great, especially the MC.

I like that you're improving the character models, but some of them may lose their original charm which made us fall in love with them. The skin shading and shadows on the new models look great, if you could implement them without changing the skin-tone too much, that would be fabulous. This is just my "personal opinion", even if you didn't change/update your models, I'd still love it the same. Best of luck in all your endeavours, take care and prosper! (y)

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Baka plays, I love your game, love all the females in it, especially Keeley and Zandra (mmm love me some big babes). I'd love it if they were even juicier!. Keep up the outstanding work, can't wait to see more!

If I may provide feedback on the new models-
Cary June is too pale, looks like a vampire, I prefer her older model.
Asako looks like she's gained +1 in skin-shade, I love fair skinned Asians.
Geena's original model looks more realistic, her new one is kinda yellowish & unnatural.
Keeley could actually get brighter/paler skin shade, or stay the same, new one looks a bit dull.
Trish's new model looks a bit grey compared to the previous skin-tone.

All of the other new models look great, especially the MC.

I like that you're improving the character models, but some of them may lose their original charm which made us fall in love with them. The skin shading and shadows on the new models look great, if you could implement them without changing the skin-tone too much, that would be fabulous. This is just my "personal opinion", even if you didn't change/update your models, I'd still love it the same. Best of luck in all your endeavours, take care and prosper! (y)
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm still tweaking the skins and testing them in some different light settings.
Cary-June will get unpaled, and other settings for other characters are getting dialed down. Asako's and Keely's Skin are
very well made from the start so the difference isn't that big. Same goes for Zee's.
What i learned so far is, that it takes much time to get the skin to look how i want them to look. I'm still a newcomer after all.
There's no one click solution for changes. It's a real time sink that's for sure.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Offf, Dev is alive
You were so silent long enough to make us worry :BootyTime:
Well, reworking skins took some time, then got some more assets and fiddled with them, made some
promo shots ... got a writers block ... needed something to get my mind clear again, planted some tomatoes, strawberries and sunflowers ... went to back to the VN ... and here we are ... wörkwörkwörk

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017

tt1_2.png

Long time no see because I was busy. As stated in a previous post, I reskinned the characters and put them in some testrenders. That took me two weeks, including all the corrections. But I think you will like the new and fresh look of Zandra, Keely, Trish and all the others.

Then I hit a writers block. Got some scenes in my head but now way how to write them.
Tried to distract me for a while by creating some other characters(just for fun) and planting some tomatoes and strawberries and some reddish looking sunflowers(according to the merch images on the seedling package)
Gotta say, that worked quite well.
Plus i found some tutorials for creating small cool looking Intro videos made with Blender.
Expect a changed Intro for version 0.11

Oh and i had to fiddle around with some dick assets bc DB XY made some problems after reworking the skin of MC.

ddd.jpg
That's looking awful ... dammit. spend half a day to correct that mistake.
yy7.jpg

Til now i can circumvent the problem by choosing appropiate camera angles so you don't see the white stripe. But it would be nice if it wasn't that way and the images could be rendered the way i want and not the way the faulty asset needs me to do.

Been working on a scene with Keely and A-Z(if you chose to fuck Keely before breakfast) and another one including Zee+Gee after the threesome.
tt3.png

Update 0.10 will be again sex focused ... unbelievable, right?
In 0.11 the story gets more attention. Working on some stuff for a guest character for that one but i don't want to spoil anything here.

Anyway, I hope you feel in the loop with this post.

Stay charged!

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
ears.png

The scenes are almost done. Awesoem, right?
Inspite of DAZ throwing tantrums for days. I had crashes and freezes til i switched to the latest Studio Driver. Maybe it's time to update my DAZ 4.12 to 4.15 in June. Hopefully that takes care of these problems.

One big scene with Keely and A-Z is up for 0.10.
After she and MC won the preliminary round and had to get some dents and scratches fixed, A-Z went to the new apartment. Keely was concerned about MC because he didn't came back the night before and it is kinda rude to leave your intern as a house guest all alone over night. (You can choose to play that scene)

If you don't, then MC wakes up with Zee+Gee. They have something to talk about ...

Also, I found some more music tracks to fit in and rendered some images for the non-sex scene with Cary-June.

Next week is all about the writing, adding music and the code. The update should be ready in 7-9 days. Fingers crossed.
See you then

Stay charged!

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes