4.20 star(s) 13 Votes

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
A space station without some kind of power generation? At the very least it would have solar panels to maintain itself.
No power, no oxygen generation and the MC has already killed off everyone except his wife and daughter. No idea just who it was that was on the station, nor their purpose for being there - like, a last ditch effort to maintain the species if the worst happened? Which it did.

The premise is pretty far fetched already and I just can't fathom how it's going to continue into an enjoyable game with so much cringe factor in just the first release.

I do wish the dev well and hope he can pull it off somehow, but...

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Nothing about this thread indicates the Developer so much as reads here on F95, so spending a time complaining about people's opinions of what the developer should or should not do seems futile.

None the less, for those that have not downloaded it yet, there are some seriously stupid elements you're going to have to overlook:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Give me some sort of space battle that damaged the solar cells, or sabotage that ejected the nuclear core.

Do not give me the cop out "It would take more time to explain the complexity than you have available."

It doesn't get better from there.

Last edited:

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
You are male protagonist part of a species preservation effort along with many other volunteers. Suspended in cryostasis you suddenly awake from your chamber aboard Space Station Solaris. Only to discover you've awakened early...
Well, sound good for good story with good fap-fap materila, lte see if DEV not disasaponet me :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
All the released corpses are infected with aliens. umbrella corp AI got a hold of dead space games and
wanted to play a little with MC and his family. That month is enough to stick a coulpe a alien, predator,
alien vs. predator or prometheus plot lines comics movies series or animated series of hot steamy action and horror settings.

• Haha
Reactions: michael1984

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Having the player choose between wife & daughter is really bad game design.

It basically means the game will have two paths, the "wife" path and the "daughter" path, and both paths are completely exclusive.

That has some seriously problematic implications:
  • Every player will always only see half the content the developer created, meaning that it will always look to players like the dev is slacking and there will always be 50% of the content missing.
  • If the player per route distribution is uneven, the dev can end up in a situation where they have to put equal effort into both routes, but one route exists only for a minority of people. (e.g. only 15% play with the wife - any content created for the wife route will not have a backing of most of the players)
  • Content or Quality unevenness between routes can potentially lead to internal community rivarly (wife route fans will want more of wife content and be dismissive of the daughter route players and vice versa, which can lead to a pretty unhealthy community constantly at each others throats)
One of the reasons why harem games are so often done, and why even romance games often offer multiple partners before the final choice, is because if you strip all other potential partners away, the game will miss a lot of content, feel lacking and becomes a lot shorter for players - while requiring the same amount of work!

So...essentially the dev is setting themselves up for creating two seperate games inside one game, where there may be some shared assets, but they still have to design two games that CANNOT have too much overlap. (Great story & interaction overlap between the routes will kill the game for anyone replaying in the other route, who notices that the dialogue is mostly identical but only the picture slightly changed)

So take note kids, if you want to make your own game. Don't do that.
You'll regret it when you realize that all the work you put into it doesn't pay off because you've doubled or multiplied the workload just to maintain the same content-breadth.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
The "Win" option is for "Win/Linux", not just Windows. (Downloaded it and played it here on Linux just fine.)

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Hilarious stuff. That's why I come to F95, to play Sophie's Choice simulators (Acting Lessons notwithstanding).
This was the first game I've played where it gives you a 'Kill Yourself' option at the beginning, and I was actually thankful for it.

broho1234

Dec 26, 2021
Played version 0.1.
There is very little gameplay so far, basically 2-3 chats with the AI that runs the ship and a couple of chats with the MC's wife.
He also watches her naked in the shower, but that's about it.
The renders are not bad.
Let's see where this goes.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Bones, We're going to be swinging by Space Station Solaris, do you think they would take Sulu off our hands?
Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a travel agent.
Jeez, Bones, you're a grouch in the morning, Bones
1643559278014.png :giggle:

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes