95Sty

Aug 15, 2018
Jesus fucking christ, the game immediately committed 10GB of memory on start up. Whats up with that?

95Sty

Aug 15, 2018
We had this topic a few pages ago:
https://f95zone.to/threads/solas-city-heroes-v0-4f-mr-zed-mrzgames.102161/page-12

Mostly likely, unity and your hardware do not like each other.
Lol, figures people just immediately jump to making crypto accusations. Personally since its Unity, I assume it's just the game pre-caching customization options ahead of time so that way my RAM doesn't run off on me once I start touching sliders - like a few other Unity games I knew with Character customization. My CPU is totally fine, as is the rest of the hardware. It was just startling to see my RAM go from 42% to 98% on startup, but it settled down to orbit at 85% later.

Anyway, interesting game! A little rough around the edges, but I love me some customization and superhero motifs. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one.

95Sty

Aug 15, 2018
Okay, played it at length for a good while and I noted a few things to bring up. Others might've mentioned them too.

1. When fighting someone, if you block and then try to press any attack keys a moment after unblocking, the game will transmit them as another 'fake' block that neither prevents damage nor damages the enemies. Kind of disrupts the flow of combat when it happens.
2. If you press keys in a conversation too quickly to progress, the game will mix up the text fading cues. Every new line will IMMEDIATELY fade out, but will still look for your prompt to continue. This results in a conversation you can't actually read, not sure what it does to choices. You can double/triple press a progression key to revert it, but only for that line.
3. Second style of eyeless masks are straight HEADLIGHTS HIGH BEAMS mode. Not a huge deal, just thought it was funny when I saw it.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Okay, played it at length for a good while and I noted a few things to bring up. Others might've mentioned them too.

1. When fighting someone, if you block and then try to press any attack keys a moment after unblocking, the game will transmit them as another 'fake' block that neither prevents damage nor damages the enemies. Kind of disrupts the flow of combat when it happens.
2. If you press keys in a conversation too quickly to progress, the game will mix up the text fading cues. Every new line will IMMEDIATELY fade out, but will still look for your prompt to continue. This results in a conversation you can't actually read, not sure what it does to choices. You can double/triple press a progression key to revert it, but only for that line.
3. Second style of eyeless masks are straight HEADLIGHTS HIGH BEAMS mode. Not a huge deal, just thought it was funny when I saw it.
Change the lights to red and you've got a 'That's the real shit' meme.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I reckon that the issues usually pop on handjob and boobplay positions, and some sex positions to a much smaller degree. But nonetheless, having a list could help.
Here's the list; I've lovingly(?) inspected every single enemy. This was made with active male VS passive female, while hands are bound in the back (tested with linked cuffs). My main criterion is "what are they doing with their hands?", from a logical standpoint.
I followed the order of enemies in the list. Bosses last.
I'd mention, enemy selection in the sex simulator seems to be very buggy, when selecting mupltiple enemies.
Dom 1 is fully dominated; dom 5 is fully dominating. "-" is nil: no visible difference.
Bad < iffy < OK-ish < OK. Passable is somewhere between iffy and ok-ish.

Bugs on the side:
Boob lick(worker) is actually Standing Kiss.
Trap breast fondle(Police officeR) is actually Standing Kiss.
Trap breast fondle(Gordon) is actually Standing Kiss.
Sitting doggystyle(Hooker) is Doggystyle 1?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: I've assumed Marauder, Dickdaughter, Overseer, Stonefist, Copycat were using the correct moveset.
Hunter, Dread, commissionary Gordon were double-checked.

Side note: I wasn't convinced at first, but the "4 fixed moves per enemy" isn't all that bad: it create a certain personality for each enemy. 3rd area is a good example of that.
However, you might benefit from not "locking" the move pool: either to exploit MC's fetish, or to create "surprises". It's perfectly alright for enemies to start off the stage with only 4 momves, but their movepool could vary according to circumstances. Perhaps threesomes would only occur after they got MC real hot and bothered, for instance.

Also, I'd like it to be able to 'favorite' either outerplay or intercourse. As you could read in this thread, most people have a preference for one of them. Why not expand the "random sex selection" option? 'fully random', 'more foreplay', 'more intercourse', 'arousal-dependent'?
You could also try out a 'fetish exploit' item here, but as you were implying, this would more heavily alter the game's balance.

As a bonus, this list shows all moves actually implemented in the game. Each item not a "-" is an individual multiple-frame animation. If anyone calls you lazy, you could throw it at 'em! xD

Hey your description for the super strap is great! I'm so happy someone reads the codex!
And if you remember that, you have been following the project for a while! heh!
Patent-free, feel free to use and modify as you wish. Don't tell John though ( )
About since you had this funky blog with all dates in Spanish? :LOL:

MrZed

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020

thanks for the catch on n°1, I forgot about it!
The n°2 is something that I haven't found a fix, but in the newer versions you can skip the whole dialogue with the Taunt key.
And for n°3, DAMN I have to reduce the emission there hahaha
Bugs on the side:
Boob lick(worker) is actually Standing Kiss.
Trap breast fondle(Police officeR) is actually Standing Kiss.
Trap breast fondle(Gordon) is actually Standing Kiss.
Sitting doggystyle(Hooker) is Doggystyle 1?

As a bonus, this list shows all moves actually implemented in the game. Each item not a "-" is an individual multiple-frame animation. If anyone calls you lazy, you could throw it at 'em! xD
Damn that's a nice table, looks even better than mine's heh.
One thing about the animation that swap to standing kiss. Those animations require the target to have boobs, if the target doesn't have boobs it swaps to that one. However, sitting doggystyle into doggystile one seems like a bug!
Also I'm from Argentina, so you may see some wonky stuff in spanish from time to time heh.

I like that idea. Enemies have 2-3 fixed moves, and the remaining 1-2 are based on your Weakness.
That's a cool idea, however I don't plan on touching this part for a while, at least until I have other two things finished: the threesomes and the possibility for the player to "discover" new weaknesses and fetishes. In my design document it could be possible for the player to eventually get up to 7 weaknesses (so basically,everything except one type of sex position are their favorites!) so this could scale very weirdly hahaha

TheRealSomeone92

Apr 15, 2019
That's a cool idea, however I don't plan on touching this part for a while, at least until I have other two things finished
Hm, either FZone swallowed part of my response, or I was simply too tired yesterday.
I meant to add that currently it is properly too much work to add to be feasible.

But just now I had another idea:
In the sex simulation you can select any number of favorite animations. Every enemy has those favorite sex animations in addition to their fixed ones.
That way, you would mostly see the animations you want to see, but there is still a chance you see new animations and gain new fetishes.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
One thing about the animation that swap to standing kiss. Those animations require the target to have boobs, if the target doesn't have boobs it swaps to that one. However, sitting doggystyle into doggystile one seems like a bug!
Also I'm from Argentina, so you may see some wonky stuff in spanish from time to time heh.
Damn... I could've figured that :cry: Nipple tweaking seems popular in Japan... But yes, Japan :shrug

You've mentioned this before. Guate, Argentina, Columbia: the countries in the world with the finest Spanish (unarguably) and the finest girls (arguably. Fite me!) in the world. Tendré que ir alla por lo menos unos meses en mi vida :p
Anyway: all I'm saying are suggestions, not requests. I'd request places not to miss in your country, if anything.

Corrruption will probably come into play at some point (altering fetishes probably). The usual trope in such dystopia/context, would be the villains developing a drug with RL symptoms - making 'temporary ascendeds' in the process. I mean "permanent" changes, and ways to undo them, is nothing lore should forbid; including on the heroes' side, which also has researchers. The sex simulator could also get hacked, in the same train of thought ;)

But well, all that is up to the Nexus and you!

Last edited:

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Is there anyway to NOT have arm restrains at all? I just don't like how the positions look when arms are restrained, most just break and have characters grab onto nothing and it kind of kills the mood.

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
Is alternative story text planned; one that takes sexual defeat in consideration? Finishing a villainess off via hot sex and having a followup dialogue that assumes a violent take down feels eww. :(

I could be added/changed that the player edges the villain till she gives all info just to finally get an orgasm. Something like that could also be tied into a victory sex scene where the player and the villain can continue to have fun free of (HP) charge before continuing.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Is there anyway to NOT have arm restrains at all? I just don't like how the positions look when arms are restrained, most just break and have characters grab onto nothing and it kind of kills the mood.
You can just turn restraints off if you don't like them. You can pick and choose which ones you want to have active during gameplay too.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
That could be a temporary stopgap.

I'd suggest disabling the front cuffs; there have more issues than the back ones i.e. the same ones that I've listed + arms getting in the way, either clipping into the partner, and/or making it look like your male MC is jerking off on top of the action :LOL:

Some other forms of arm restraints might need less fixing, like this old classics:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Either way I guess there's no easy way out. I'm not too keen on bondage at all, but it is a nice plus to gameplay; the downside is that it probably implies more work than initially intended.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
shoots up your GPU clock and usage to 100%
committed 10GB of memory on start up. Whats up with that?
Anyway, would it kill you guys, preferably others in a similar case, to kindly inform us, and the dev, of your specs?
Not your 3 sizes, but specifically:
- what OS? Windows, etc.
- what computer specs? CPU, RAM...
- what graphic card? Brand, especially.

Obviously, if only 1 out of 20 testers run into these issues, the problem lies in what you're packing.
Be helpful, for Pete's (and other readers') sake...

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
You can just turn restraints off if you don't like them. You can pick and choose which ones you want to have active during gameplay too.
I love restraints, but I don't like animations turning bad because suddenly my characters hands are behind / in front

HeroineHunter

Jun 17, 2020
Just had an idea for a setting

Complete undress when captured (on/off)

Useful for when you play with the "partial undress during sex" clothing setting, but want her fully stripped upon defeat.

4.20 star(s) 29 Votes