• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
a question, do you know what happened to sole hunter? disappeared from the map, XD, seriously, what happened to Sole hunter?
Hello everybody! Sorry for not being too active on the F95Zone community as of late - the reason for this is that I have decided to move on from Sole Hunter (the game, not the account lol). I'll enlist the same reasons as on my Patreon:
"

I have decided that I am going to abandon this game for a couple of reasons (don't worry, I'm not giving up game dev completely!)

Firstly, this game was developed when I was starting out game development. The game is riddled with bugs, freezes, and messy code all around. I could revisit these old bugs, but I feel like now that I have grown as a developer, I don't want to dwell on my old products - especially if the time I put into fixing those bugs won't be worth it.

Secondly, I want to take this game in a new direction - both artistically and gameplay-wise. A lot of the models for the old characters are old and look bad and have glitchy shadows. In my opinion, the newer models look a lot better - as you can see with Ruby and Nova, their facial expressions are better, their shadows look nicer, and the model overall looks more modern. I didn't want to have a game where there are new models conflicting with old models, especially as the newer animations are also much nicer than the old ones. In terms of gameplay, I initially wanted to make Sole Hunter based around combat like Tower of Trample or Domina while also having a story and being able to interact with the girls. I feel like because of both the theme of a school setting and because of how limited my development knowledge was back then, the game fails to deliver on both ends - the combat is a bit bland, and the story isn't there either - the plot never really moves forward, you're just roaming around a school. Ruby and Nova are good examples of what I want the future of my games to look like, with more combat-oriented focus.

Staying and updating Sole Hunter would limit me too much. As you noticed, updates have been slow for this month. This is because it is difficult for me to find passion for a game I'm not really interested in developing anymore, and I felt that it is too unfair to you all to support me when I'm not trying my best.

I'm leaving behind Sole Hunter and developing a new game - one that focuses on not only combat, but is story rich and has girls you can interact with. It will have inspirations from ToT and Domina, but it will be a completely new and unique game - one that I can feel passionate about making, and one that you all will enjoy. I will try not to publicize too many details to avoid spoilers, but it will involve the Succubus Academy that Ruby mentions in her storyline. The release date will hopefully come in late September or early October.

Thank you all for supporting me and my game throughout this short journey - I'm happy that I will be able to spend this next journey with you all too! Hope you enjoy the final Sole Hunter update, and I hope you will also enjoy the next game too. :)"

TL;DR, I'm going to be moving forward and creating a new game to get away from all the bugs (that users have been constantly pointing out and users like zyxxz have been so kind to fix), while also being able to explore new creative directions. Thank you all for your support ever since the beginning of Sole Hunter - it sure has been an interesting ride and a way for me to grow as a developer, and I hope you all will enjoy my next product coming soon!

HAX465

Jun 25, 2019
Hello everybody! Sorry for not being too active on the F95Zone community as of late - the reason for this is that I have decided to move on from Sole Hunter (the game, not the account lol). I'll enlist the same reasons as on my Patreon:
"

I have decided that I am going to abandon this game for a couple of reasons (don't worry, I'm not giving up game dev completely!)

Firstly, this game was developed when I was starting out game development. The game is riddled with bugs, freezes, and messy code all around. I could revisit these old bugs, but I feel like now that I have grown as a developer, I don't want to dwell on my old products - especially if the time I put into fixing those bugs won't be worth it.

Secondly, I want to take this game in a new direction - both artistically and gameplay-wise. A lot of the models for the old characters are old and look bad and have glitchy shadows. In my opinion, the newer models look a lot better - as you can see with Ruby and Nova, their facial expressions are better, their shadows look nicer, and the model overall looks more modern. I didn't want to have a game where there are new models conflicting with old models, especially as the newer animations are also much nicer than the old ones. In terms of gameplay, I initially wanted to make Sole Hunter based around combat like Tower of Trample or Domina while also having a story and being able to interact with the girls. I feel like because of both the theme of a school setting and because of how limited my development knowledge was back then, the game fails to deliver on both ends - the combat is a bit bland, and the story isn't there either - the plot never really moves forward, you're just roaming around a school. Ruby and Nova are good examples of what I want the future of my games to look like, with more combat-oriented focus.

Staying and updating Sole Hunter would limit me too much. As you noticed, updates have been slow for this month. This is because it is difficult for me to find passion for a game I'm not really interested in developing anymore, and I felt that it is too unfair to you all to support me when I'm not trying my best.

I'm leaving behind Sole Hunter and developing a new game - one that focuses on not only combat, but is story rich and has girls you can interact with. It will have inspirations from ToT and Domina, but it will be a completely new and unique game - one that I can feel passionate about making, and one that you all will enjoy. I will try not to publicize too many details to avoid spoilers, but it will involve the Succubus Academy that Ruby mentions in her storyline. The release date will hopefully come in late September or early October.

Thank you all for supporting me and my game throughout this short journey - I'm happy that I will be able to spend this next journey with you all too! Hope you enjoy the final Sole Hunter update, and I hope you will also enjoy the next game too. :)"

TL;DR, I'm going to be moving forward and creating a new game to get away from all the bugs (that users have been constantly pointing out and users like zyxxz have been so kind to fix), while also being able to explore new creative directions. Thank you all for your support ever since the beginning of Sole Hunter - it sure has been an interesting ride and a way for me to grow as a developer, and I hope you all will enjoy my next product coming soon!
I will continue to support you since i really REALLY enjoyed this game and im looking for more in your future projects im not giving up on you !!! [insert rick astley here]

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sole Hunter

jorge100000

Feb 15, 2020
Hmm, that explains why you didn't ban it, because it published the complete game with elements that are in your patreon, but I see, it's okay, the truth is that I feel a little sad about this ending for SH, which I think I deserved a better ending, I guess the end of this game is that the protagonist learns that most of his fellow academics found out that he was entering the girls' rooms, without permission and in secret, to calm their sexual pleasure . While in the end everyone considers us perverts, Andrew no longer wants to be our friend, we are still slaves of 90% of the academy, we have a "girlfriend", but the protagonist can perform his "fetish" acts as many times as he wants, each cloud has a ray of light, (I summarized the "end" of the game). Well, Sole Hunter, I'll wait for your next game. I'm sure it will be even cooler. Although the odds are low, I will wait for the Sole Hunter remake (if Evil 2 and 3 residents not forgot about the game remakes, this one too, WARNING I am not pushing). MAGNIFICENT game, thank you, see you GOD bless you and good luck, see you;).

• Red Heart

zyxxz

Aug 31, 2017
It actually took less than 10 minutes for me to fix those bugs...

• Haha

Zred.

Mar 2, 2020
I think he means that there are too many bugs in the game to fix. Surely after a bug is identified its pretty easy to fix but finding the bug is the hard part. Or maybe ur just better at using the software ;)
Anyway I'm really looking forward to your newer projects! Hopefully there won't be too much grinding involved but that's up to you to decide.

• Red Heart

Surreptitious123

Aug 18, 2018
"

Please let us know the title of your new game when it's ready so we can continue to follow you :)

• Red Heart

jorge100000

Feb 15, 2020
Friend I would like to ask you to please fix the option that says "locks" because it says that it serves to open closed stalls, but it does not let me use them. If you could fix it, thank you GOD bless you and have good luck, see you;) (If you are an atheist, take the intention into account).

Reactions: HAX465

Kiokami

Jul 24, 2018
"

Is there some news about Soles of Succubus ?

jtm999

Dec 29, 2018
Sole Hunter I've saw and played what Soles of The Succubus has to offer for now and came through it to this game and played it a bit. In the game there are certain paths that are blocked, meant only for patrons, but since you abandon this game, do you plan to release a version with those path unlocked for everyone in the future? Just curious.

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Sole Hunter I've saw and played what Soles of The Succubus has to offer for now and came through it to this game and played it a bit. In the game there are certain paths that are blocked, meant only for patrons, but since you abandon this game, do you plan to release a version with those path unlocked for everyone in the future? Just curious.
Yes, some time in the near future!

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes