Feb 24, 2019
I honestly do want to support this game, but locking content behind a paywall would only serve to drive back potential supporters. Most people here (including me) tend to treat and criticize games more harshly if devs start doing this kind of stuff. Some may not even want to try your game out after immediately seeing "patron exclusive." At this stage, I think it's too early to start paywalling your content, especially since said content that's free for now may not even incentivize many people to even support it. Besides, some of the more popular and supported games here on the site are popular not just because of good models, scenes, etc., but they also gave people a chance to get a full experience of the game before deciding on whether or not they should support it.

If you want an example, look at how Runey is handling his game. The dev even has released his full build with no content locking on itch.io. Only his alpha-beta builds are patron exclusive, which is fair enough. (Although, those builds are made available on F95.) Only the most dedicated to support can test it out, which makes sense. Feel free to search it up if you doubt me. I'd rather support him all the way (and already do.) If you want more support for the game, you have to show your all on this site. Not 20%. Not 50%. Not 80%. After all, the only thing you have from what I see compared to the other devs within the similar genre is the fact that you update more frequently than the others. Sorry if it sounds too harsh.

But, what do I know? Feel free to rebute my argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole Hunter

Pmmesoles

Nov 18, 2019
I really enjoy DavieZwei's approach of content release related to pay and such where he just unloads the full game but you get it 2-3 weeks earlier with payment.

Also is there current content for the 3 girls Aubrey, Skye, and Sarah after you initial interaction with them being caught/not doing the action?

Zred.

Mar 2, 2020
I honestly do want to support this game, but locking content behind a paywall would only serve to drive back potential supporters. Most people here (including me) tend to treat and criticize games more harshly if devs start doing this kind of stuff. Some may not even want to try your game out after immediately seeing "patron exclusive." At this stage, I think it's too early to start paywalling your content, especially since said content that's free for now may not even incentivize many people to even support it. Besides, some of the more popular and supported games here on the site are popular not just because of good models, scenes, etc., but they also gave people a chance to get a full experience of the game before deciding on whether or not they should support it.

If you want an example, look at how Runey is handling his game. The dev even has released his full build with no content locking on itch.io. Only his alpha-beta builds are patron exclusive, which is fair enough. (Although, those builds are made available on F95.) Only the most dedicated to support can test it out, which makes sense. Feel free to search it up if you doubt me. I'd rather support him all the way (and already do.) If you want more support for the game, you have to show your all on this site. Not 20%. Not 50%. Not 80%. After all, the only thing you have from what I see compared to the other devs within the similar genre is the fact that you update more frequently than the others. Sorry if it sounds too harsh.

To be fair the content available is really good and caters to a niche demographic. For the price of 2 dollars a month its very reasonable to get some extra stuff. He already has over 30 patreon (when I last checked) and it seems like his strategy is working. I prefer this way because you get to experience the game but only pay more for DLC which seems pretty fair in my eyes. As long as the prices don't get bumped up for the same perks then I can certainly say that he'll have many supporters on patreon.
Anyway I'm looking at it from an outsider's perspective.
TLDR: Good strategy IMO. Pay for DLC if not then you've got more or less 80% of the game for free which is a pretty nice thing.

Phoenix258

Nov 25, 2017
To be fair the content available is really good and caters to a niche demographic. For the price of 2 dollars a month its very reasonable to get some extra stuff. He already has over 30 patreon (when I last checked) and it seems like his strategy is working. I prefer this way because you get to experience the game but only pay more for DLC which seems pretty fair in my eyes. As long as the prices don't get bumped up for the same perks then I can certainly say that he'll have many supporters on patreon.
TLDR: Good strategy IMO. Pay for DLC if not then you've got more or less 80% of the game for free which is a pretty nice thing.
The problems with this model are:
If your specific fetish is walled of by the paywall you are not incentivized to subscribe because there is no list of which fetishes are tied to which characters. Giving you only knowledge about the characters you meet and not the Patreon ones.
A monthly subscribtion for less than 10% is a joke.
DLC don't work on a game that doesn't have an established fanbase. 30 patreons is absolutely nothing.

Next to that, people do like to pay extra money to alpha test stuff. It's cool and gives you the feeling you helped create something. It's far more lucrative to do that instead of locking options, with the benefit that you get more feedback so you can fix stuff before releasing it to public. Which means more happy customers and thus, more subscribers.

Also, putting every single changelog behind the paywall further deters people to actually pay. The patreon page is basically asking you to pay money for something completely unkown. There

TLDR: people don't know what they're paying for and that is bad. Having people pay to alpha test your game is good

dark_dragon7

Dec 12, 2018
is this game only feet? feet aint really my thing but it look like a fun game but if there is only feeti couldent play becuse its not my thing but is there other stuff to like pee/scat facesitting ass licking stuff like that? sorry if its a stupid question :)

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
how continue story with luna in the new version ? i dont know :(
Tell the truth to Ms. Ember on the second class, go back to your dorm, then go to the Lounge, then buy a Moonflower from Andrew and go back to the Lounge
will there be any actual sex in this. i like footjobs and stuff but no sex makes a game boring imo
Maybe!
hey how can i get to the part where i lick Ms. Ember?
Ask what kind of punishments on the first day then refuse to come, then cover up for Luna on the second day

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
is this game only feet? feet aint really my thing but it look like a fun game but if there is only feeti couldent play becuse its not my thing but is there other stuff to like pee/scat facesitting ass licking stuff like that? sorry if its a stupid question :)
It's mostly feet centered, but there's some other femdom fetishes like scat, watersports, and SPH, it's admittedly small tho

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020

I really enjoy DavieZwei's approach of content release related to pay and such where he just unloads the full game but you get it 2-3 weeks earlier with payment.

Also is there current content for the 3 girls Aubrey, Skye, and Sarah after you initial interaction with them being caught/not doing the action?
The problems with this model are:
If your specific fetish is walled of by the paywall you are not incentivized to subscribe because there is no list of which fetishes are tied to which characters. Giving you only knowledge about the characters you meet and not the Patreon ones.
A monthly subscribtion for less than 10% is a joke.
DLC don't work on a game that doesn't have an established fanbase. 30 patreons is absolutely nothing.

Next to that, people do like to pay extra money to alpha test stuff. It's cool and gives you the feeling you helped create something. It's far more lucrative to do that instead of locking options, with the benefit that you get more feedback so you can fix stuff before releasing it to public. Which means more happy customers and thus, more subscribers.

Also, putting every single changelog behind the paywall further deters people to actually pay. The patreon page is basically asking you to pay money for something completely unkown. There

TLDR: people don't know what they're paying for and that is bad. Having people pay to alpha test your game is good
Thank you all for your insights! This is one of the first games I have ever experienced developing, so I'm kind of new to the whole payment thing. I started off with just get extra characters if you're a Patreon, but I definitely want to create more benefits for Patreons as the game develops over time. Examples include aforementioned alpha testing (I really really need to do this because most of my releases come with bugs), content polls, and a Discord server. At the same time, I also want to be giving more content to the free version - one thing I wanted to do in the future was, for example, add 2 girls for free, 2 girls for Patreon, and 1 girl that will be made free in the subsequent update but immediately accessible to Patreons. And just as my game goes on, I'm more incentivized to work harder because I know people support my game. As people have mentioned, most of my updates have been small - but every month, these updates get comparatively bigger - and I can promise the next update will be bigger than the one most recently released. I started this game as a little test to see if people would actually like it, but now I will be pouring even more work into it for both Patreon versions and community versions, such as more content in general and less buggy final releases - this is just things that get better as I not only get more experience with developing games and paywalls, but also become more passionate about the game itself. That being said, I appreciate all the feedback - positive or negative - that you all have given me! I definitely want to create this game based around what the community wants and thinks is best for the game along with my own expression. These types of suggestions keep my passion alive for the game!
P.S. I update the changelogs on the F95Zone thread :p

Croaa

Dec 15, 2018
When I give the flower to Luna, after I refuse and she leave the room, she instantly start a new dialogue (saying "close your eyes" and stuff), then the animation get stuck and I can't get past
By the way, Luna really reminds me of Taiga Aisaka, a character from Toradora!

Last edited:

wario7403

Sep 24, 2019
Tell the truth to Ms. Ember on the second class, go back to your dorm, then go to the Lounge, then buy a Moonflower from Andrew and go back to the Lounge

Maybe!

Ask what kind of punishments on the first day then refuse to come, then cover up for Luna on the second day
thank you so much ! :)

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
When I give the flower to Luna, after I refuse and she leave the room, she instantly start a new dialogue (saying "close your eyes" and stuff), then the animation get stuck and I can't get past
By the way, Luna really reminds me of Taiga Aisaka, a character from Toradora!
That's a bug I plan to fix - for now, it helps if you aren't spamming the enter key right before the scene

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
After the teacher leaves, the only thing left is doing the secretary jobs, which are cool. Have I missed anything? The two girls in the dorms are not doing anything either.

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
After the teacher leaves, the only thing left is doing the secretary jobs, which are cool. Have I missed anything? The two girls in the dorms are not doing anything either.
If you disobey Ms. Ember on day 1 by asking what kind of punishments and refusing to go up, then cover up for Luna on day 2 for another scene with Ms. Ember, or you can tell the truth and get more scenes with Luna

Which two girls in the dorms are you referring to? Kate and Luna?

Reactions: Aseratrix

Croaa

Dec 15, 2018
That's a bug I plan to fix - for now, it helps if you aren't spamming the enter key right before the scene
I already got this kind of bug before and managed to pass it with retrying, but this time even with retrying like 5 times and without even using keyboard (passing dialogues with mouse clicks) I always get stuck

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes