fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
TK 8000 posted
I'm testing Solvalley right now

Hello! I finally "finished" Solvalley's next update. I'm going to get some sleep and tomorrow I'm going to test all the events, make the necessary corrections and put them here at Patreon.
Sorry for the delay, but my idea of working simultaneously on the Solvalley and House Arrest updates was not very clever. However, in compensation the new House Arrest update is almost ready too and should appear in a few days.
Then I will retake HS Tutor.

Ports for Android will get easier!
The Renpy creator (engine I use to create my games) announced 2 days ago that the "focus_mask" function will become compatible with Android.
For those who don't know, I use this function in HS Tutor and Solvalley and that's why I did not make ports for Android until recently. Now the ports will get easier,
Unfortunately the announcement came a little late and I ended up losing several days making an unnecessary port for HS Tutor. But I'll keep the modifications I made because even if they are not strictly necessary for HS Tutor run on Android anymore, at least they make the game perform better.

A sad thing
As I said at the beginning of this post, I just need to test and adjust the final details for the new version of Solvalley to become public. After making the new version available here on my page (next 24 hours?), I'm going to stay for a few days away because of a sad thing that happened in my family.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Why does the MC have a crow nose?
He has an advantageous genetic defect that allows him to sniff out pheromones of sexually available and breedable women over the stench of garbage and decay that pervades Solvalley. It's an evolutionary advantage over all of the other men in Solvalley and the reason he is able to seduce every woman with whom he comes into contact while all the other men have to resort to rape. In 10,000 years, all human males will look like Alex.

Last edited:

Morgul Xen

Fledgeling Vampire
Donor
Mar 27, 2019
Okay, serious question now, is the MC the fucking BFG or something? He looks about 10ft tall half the time.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Okay, serious question now, is the MC the fucking BFG or something? He looks about 10ft tall half the time.
He's ugly as fuck because I didn't mind creating the characters carefully initially because Solvalley was just a game I was doing for myself that I decided to make public later. His friend, for example, was not meant to be green, but I literally was too lazy to go back to the editor and correct his skin color :D.

On the height, the male models of Honey Select have a standard height and if you modify it all the animations break. Girls' height ranges from 0 to 100 and the male characters have a fixed size of 100. I usually use 50 on high school girls and that makes them too short sometimes.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Is there a chat mod or something to change the money???
Sure, of course there is: Go and chat with some Employer, get a job, earn money, invest it in bank, go and earn more money, invest it in bank, do that a couple of times more and start living off of the ridiculously high interests. But remember to reinvest extra monies you don't use to get more income. And so (amount of) money change...

Billalord

Sep 10, 2018
TK 8000 posted
I'm testing Solvalley right now

View attachment 298210

Hello! I finally "finished" Solvalley's next update. I'm going to get some sleep and tomorrow I'm going to test all the events, make the necessary corrections and put them here at Patreon.
Sorry for the delay, but my idea of working simultaneously on the Solvalley and House Arrest updates was not very clever. However, in compensation the new House Arrest update is almost ready too and should appear in a few days.
Then I will retake HS Tutor.

Ports for Android will get easier!
The Renpy creator (engine I use to create my games) announced 2 days ago that the "focus_mask" function will become compatible with Android.
For those who don't know, I use this function in HS Tutor and Solvalley and that's why I did not make ports for Android until recently. Now the ports will get easier,
Unfortunately the announcement came a little late and I ended up losing several days making an unnecessary port for HS Tutor. But I'll keep the modifications I made because even if they are not strictly necessary for HS Tutor run on Android anymore, at least they make the game perform better.

A sad thing
As I said at the beginning of this post, I just need to test and adjust the final details for the new version of Solvalley to become public. After making the new version available here on my page (next 24 hours?), I'm going to stay for a few days away because of a sad thing that happened in my family.
@TK8000 so will solvalley have Android this version

Meso

Aug 26, 2017
Update from Discord:

"Finally! The new Solvalley's version is finally 100% ready. But it's already 2:33 am here. I'll upload the files and tomorrow when I wake up I put everything in Patreon.

I missed the deadline ugly this time.

But I still want to finish the new version of House Arrest and HS Tutor this month.

House Arrest will be easy since almost everything is ready. HS Tutor will need a little more work, but I'll focus on more content this time."

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
TK 8000 posted
A long post while waiting for the Solvalley upload
Hello!

I'm uploading the new version of Solvalley and this will take a while. I'll take the time to write something here for anyone who is interested.

Plans for Solvalley

Although Solvalley is my favorite game and I love working on it, I recognize that the game is too big. I'm not sure, but I believe that if someone tries to play the game by reading all the texts and seeing all the animations, it will probably take more than 15 hours to finish it.

That's why the next updates will focus on finish all the storylines still open. In version 0.14, I arrived at the end of Sarah's storyline and in future versions I'm just going to add two more options to her sex scene and probably do her ending scene.

In the next version I want to finish the story of Ruzena and Shibuya.

Although I want to finish Sovalley soon, I still need to make some improvements in some old scenes. The old animations look like shit and I'm going to redo a lot of them. Many events still have images made in the old version of Honey Select and they are too ugly. But I will give preference to new content before improving these aspects.
1.png
Another detail is that in future versions there will be more events where different girls interact.

Why am I taking too long to make updates?

I think my older patrons have realized that I'm taking longer to do the updates today than I did before. There are some reasons for this. First, I wanted to make it clear that I was not infected by Patreon's disease. This curious illness makes the frequency of updatess to be inversely proportional to the amount of money the author receives. It's a real mystery!

It took me a long time to understand why I was able to do more content before, even though I now have more time to work. Well, I think this old image explains one of the reasons:
2.jpg
Seriously, look at this shit! This was a render used in early versions of Solvalley.

Let's look at the image above:
1. the image is all grainy and looks like shit
2. Alex is sitting in the air
3. Anna is cross-eyed and her appearance is atrocious
4. Laura's arm is going through her purse
5. Laura's right hand rests in the air
6. Alex's right hand is bent in a bizarre way
7. there's a fucking Honey Select UI element in the bottom right corner!

When I started doing Solvalley there were not many games made with Honey Select art. If I'm not mistaken, there was only "Research into Corruption" and "Max 'Life", so most people didn't know Honey Select and so they had a much higher tolerance. Today there are hundreds of games made with Honey Select and some have incredible quality! It's no longer possible to create a game without a minimum of quality concern.

The above image demonstrates that I didn't care much about quality in the early versions. That's why I could do dozens of images quickly. In the old days I could make an entire scene in just 1 day, including: idea, images, animations and text. Today it takes at least 3 days (2 days for shorter scenes).

I still think quantity is more important than quality. I personally prefer a slightly ugly game, but with a lot of different characters and situations, than a pretty but ten-minute game. But there is a limit to ugliness!
3.png
The quality of Solvalley images today is much higher than it used to be, but I still try to do things in the simplest way possible. The image above is a good example, I didn't spend time with background and lighting, but the result is totally acceptable.

Plans for House Arrest

I intended to get some rest before continuing to work, especially because one sad thing happened to one of my cousins. However, I have already done everything I needed in this matter and life goes on. That's why I'm going to continue working on House Arrest today.

The latest version of House Arrest will be short, with only three scenes. I already did 100% of Alanna's ending. The other two scenes are already with almost all images and animations done, so all I have to do is write the text. The final HA update will be available here at Patreon soon.
4.png
Alanna washing a dish...

Plans for HS Tutor

I created a poll recently asking what patrons preferred: focus on Zoe and Mila or a more balanced update. The result was practically a draw, so I'll try to give Zoe and Mila some focus, but also to advance a bit in the storyline of other girls.

Recently a new tool based on Koikatu (game that I used to create the characters and scenes of the HS Tutor) was released. This tool has a very interesting feature, which is a powerful animation editor. As soon as I finish the House Arrest update, and before returning fully to HS Tutor, I'll see if it will be possible to use this tool to create more interesting animations for the future interactions of the protagonist with Zoe, Mila and friends.

Note: HS Tutor was a temporary name for the game, but I probably will not change it anymore.

Well, uploading the new Solvalley will still take about 1 hour. When it's ready, I'll make the downloads available in a new topic.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Although I want to finish Sovalley soon, I still need to make some improvements in some old scenes. The old animations look like shit and I'm going to redo a lot of them. Many events still have images made in the old version of Honey Select and they are too ugly. But I will give preference to new content before improving these aspects.
^^^^ This shit right here. Spot on. Prioritize new content over remaking old. How many games get "rebooted" several times over and never seem to get past the 0.2 - 0.4 versions and alienate their audiences? I'm happy that TK wants to improve the older assets, but he's right not to let his personal standards derail his game development. I wish more devs would be able to show this level of humility and clear-headedness when it comes to their games. Maybe TK can run a remedial game development summer camp next month and impart some of his wisdom to others? :D

Keep up the good work, dude!

4.20 star(s) 158 Votes