Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Really? Because usually the compression is changing png or jpg to webp, in place, using the same filenames. The rest of the game (scripts and other images) don't care.
Usually, most compressed games, besides changing the png/jpg files to webp, also does Ctrl+F and changes all the filenames that end in .png to .webp (and video formats to .webm) in the renpy files (the .rpy files) so the compressed "new game" will look for those .webp images instead of the original files.

So unless the game is defined to work only with the filenames without the need to define if it is a .png or a .webp (which is possible but it requires an extra step that I don't know how many devs do) or it already works using only .webp, the "update patch" (which is just some of the old scripts with more code lines and the new images), will overwrite the modifications done by the compresser, thus making the game look for .png files again when those .png files are still .webp.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Usually, most compressed games, besides changing the png/jpg files to webp, also does Ctrl+F and changes all the filenames that end in .png to .webp (and video formats to .webm) in the renpy files (the .rpy files) so the compressed "new game" will look for those .webp images instead of the original files.

So unless the game is defined to work only with the filenames without the need to define if it is a .png or a .webp (which is possible but it requires an extra step that I don't know how many devs do) or it already works using only .webp, the "update patch" (which is just some of the old scripts with more code lines and the new images), will overwrite the modifications done by the compresser, thus making the game look for .png files again when those .png files are still .webp.
I'm not sure where you get "most compressed games" from. The compressed games I've seen use some variant of https://f95zone.to/threads/cruncher-renpy-rpgm-mv-game-compactor-v0-4-1-bas.10227/ , which compresses the images/videos in place. It does not rename them.

Ren'Py doesn't care what the file extension of an image is. It will gladly load a webp image that ends in .png or .jpg.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I'm not sure where you get "most compressed games" from. The compressed games I've seen use some variant of https://f95zone.to/threads/cruncher-renpy-rpgm-mv-game-compactor-v0-4-1-bas.10227/ , which compresses the images/videos in place. It does not rename them.

Ren'Py doesn't care what the file extension of an image is. It will gladly load a webp image that ends in .png or .jpg.
It depends on how you use the image.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In this way, the game uses the image regarless if its format, this is the usual way to show CGs in game, but if you need to "define" (not sure if define is the right word) images to make buttons or animations, it's can be done like this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game does care about the format, so if the compressor changed something and then the dev changes it back, the button won't show and/or the game may show a gray screen error.

But there are several ways to make games, update patchs and compressed versions so I might be missing something.

Last edited:

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
So it suddenly went from 0.16 to 1.0? I'm not sure if I want to trust this game.
What? Are you afraid that it will steal your credit card, your girl, and your mother will prefer this game over you?

It doesn't matter if it was in 0.16 or 4.37. Now it's v1.0 because the dev consideres it complete/almost complete.

Last edited:

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
didnt any one finish and got "the end"?
just finish all but only nothing on map and no the end.

May 6, 2017
Is there anyone who can recommend me a game like this, preferably that complete or atleast almost done
i dont really check renpy 3dcg since most of them are killing my boner rather than revive it, image wise
but this one is pretty good, really good
God bless thy soul those who offer the recommendation

MonsteRage

Jan 1, 2019
Is there anyone who can recommend me a game like this, preferably that complete or atleast almost done
i dont really check renpy 3dcg since most of them are killing my boner rather than revive it, image wise
but this one is pretty good, really good
God bless thy soul those who offer the recommendation
The games is not complete yet but i recommend you:
-House in the rift
-Harem Hotel
-Mythic Manor
-Dark Magic
-Corruption
-Waifu Academy

From top is my most fav game.
All of those using honey select models. Dark Magic has longer play time than the rest. Harem hotel come second i think. My fav is House in the rift bcz it has good animation. Its not stiff like most of 3d ones and the characters looks really good.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 158 Votes