TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Are you talking Mac or Android? I'm asking about Mac. :)
Oh, sorry. I've already prepared the patch for the Mac and I'm also doing the finishing touches on the Android version. But I will not upload any of it today because my disgusting internet in not allowing.

That is just a matter of turning off the "bloom". I hate that glow myself as well. I turn off the bloom and sometimes the DOF.
Honey Select bloom is a tragedy.

DOF does not work right either. In addition to not being able to control the planes where the image is focused / blurred, you still have the problem of things that have some transparency (such as hair, for example) that are blurred while the rest of the image is in focus. I'm already a bit annoyed with Honey Select. Solvalley is going to be my last game with assets stolen from there.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Oh, sorry. I've already prepared the patch for the Mac and I'm also doing the finishing touches on the Android version. But I will not upload any of it today because my disgusting internet in not allowing.

DOF does not work right either. In addition to not being able to control the planes where the image is focused / blurred, you still have the problem of things that have some transparency (such as hair, for example) that are blurred while the rest of the image is in focus. I'm already a bit annoyed with Honey Select. Solvalley is going to be my last game with assets stolen from there.
What will you use, if I may ask?

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
What will you use, if I may ask?
I still don't know. The only thing I know is that if I don't find any way to work with an original art, I'll retire as soon as I finish Solvalley and HS Tutor.

I've been doing some experiments with DAZ3D, trying to render stylized characters, but I've never been happy with the results. So I think the DAZ3D is off my list. And if I try to make realistic graphics, I'll come up with the problem of waiting 1h30 to render an image, and 10h to render an animation, which would make my games unfeasible.

Yesterday I've been researching prices that artists charge and by my standards this is also off the table. A game with a good amount of sprites, backgrounds, etc., would cost about $ 10k, and I make less than $ 1.5k a month at Patreon (and I have to use some of this money to survive).

So I don't see any solution.

Anyway, I'm not going to think about it too much. I still need 6 or 8 months to complete all my projects. Until then I might find a solution to create art for a future game.

Reactions: Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017

The models are harder to use and you are limited to 3 or 4 subjects in the still without using photoshop and layers. But TK17 with Hook5 gives so many controls. I can run it like my camera . It also has many many great locations, I just find posing much harder. My biggest beef with HS is the mouth, you can't make good facial expressions.
I still don't know. The only thing I know is that if I don't find any way to work with an original art, I'll retire as soon as I finish Solvalley and HS Tutor.

I've been doing some experiments with DAZ3D, trying to render stylized characters, but I've never been happy with the results. So I think the DAZ3D is off my list. And if I try to make realistic graphics, I'll come up with the problem of waiting 1h30 to render an image, and 10h to render an animation, which would make my games unfeasible.

Yesterday I've been researching prices that artists charge and by my standards this is also off the table. A game with a good amount of sprites, backgrounds, etc., would cost about $ 10k, and I make less than $ 1.5k a month at Patreon (and I have to use some of this money to survive).

So I don't see any solution.

Anyway, I'm not going to think about it too much. I still need 6 or 8 months to complete all my projects. Until then I might find a solution to create art for a future game.
Have you tried Klub 17 at all?

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Finally managed to download the game, only to see vanilla/hardcore in the options... Had a quick browse through this thread to see what i could learn. I'm now wondering if i'll miss out on content if I choose the hardcore version? Like will there be softcore/vanilla stuff I dont get to see because I chose hardcore? I couldn't find an answer to this question browsing the thread.

Also Vanilla may be a poor choice of mode name as it's often used in place of the word "original" and Vanilla mode is a new addition. This may confuse new potential players (Like myself) who show an interest in your game. Why not "harem mode" seeing as all other males are excluded from sex scenes in Vanilla mode?

That price is probably a bit unrealistic as commissioning an artist and hiring an artist are two different things. It's like buying in bulk, you negotiate a lower price and split it up over the course of the project because you're guaranteeing them work and an income over the long term.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Have you tried Klub 17 at all?
No, but I did some research and from what I read, installing the mods and managing to make the TK17 run with good graphics is a real nightmare. And I'm thinking of creating something with original art instead of ripping assets from others.

However, some animations I've seen are infinitely better than Honey Select.

Finally managed to download the game, only to see vanilla/hardcore in the options... Had a quick browse through this thread to see what i could learn. I'm now wondering if i'll miss out on content if I choose the hardcore version? Like will there be softcore/vanilla stuff I dont get to see because I chose hardcore? I couldn't find an answer to this question browsing the thread.

Also Vanilla may be a poor choice of mode name as it's often used in place of the word "original" and Vanilla mode is a new addition. This may confuse new potential players (Like myself) who show an interest in your game. Why not "harem mode" seeing as all other males are excluded from sex scenes in Vanilla mode?

That price is probably a bit unrealistic as commissioning an artist and hiring an artist are two different things. It's like buying in bulk, you negotiate a lower price and split it up over the course of the project because you're guaranteeing them work and an income over the long term.
Vanilla/hardcore: I agree it's an inappropriate name. I'll try to improve this in the next versions.

You don't miss any events. The only difference is that some scenes within the events are slightly modified. For example, in the event that mc and his friend are unfairly arrested, the policewoman apologize with sex. In vanilla mode, the scene only involves mc, but in hardcore mode there is an option for the two to get involved with her at the same time.

Art: yes, these high prices are taking into account comissions for artists and also for the fact that I use many sprites and CGs (an example is the game HS Tutor which is more like a traditional game where there is use of sprites + backgrounds + CGs + animations ).

I'm in touch with some artists, some who know how to draw, others who know how to model. Maybe I should make a proposal for them to work together when I finish my current games. Commissioning art is too expensive for me.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
No, but I did some research and from what I read, installing the mods and managing to make the TK17 run with good graphics is a real nightmare. And I'm thinking of creating something with original art instead of ripping assets from others.

However, some animations I've seen are infinitely better than Honey Select.

Vanilla/hardcore: I agree it's an inappropriate name. I'll try to improve this in the next versions.

You don't miss any events. The only difference is that some scenes within the events are slightly modified. For example, in the event that mc and his friend are unfairly arrested, the policewoman apologize with sex. In vanilla mode, the scene only involves mc, but in hardcore mode there is an option for the two to get involved with her at the same time.

Art: yes, these high prices are taking into account comissions for artists and also for the fact that I use many sprites and CGs (an example is the game HS Tutor which is more like a traditional game where there is use of sprites + backgrounds + CGs + animations ).

I'm in touch with some artists, some who know how to draw, others who know how to model. Maybe I should make a proposal for them to work together when I finish my current games. Commissioning art is too expensive for me.
Good luck. Alex cracks me up, thats why I enjoy the game. I can deal with art that is not top notch so long as the game is enjoyable. The writing is the most important thing, don't give up please.

Reactions: TheFurs

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
TK 8000 posted

About Android versions
1.png

Finally I managed to make Solvalley run on Android. The image above is the game running in the emulator.

The problem is that the Solvalley interface is not suitable for mobile devices. Some things are difficult to choose with your finger, especially if the player is using a smartphone. Other things just do not work right, like that screen where you see progress with each character.

Another problem is that "avi" videos are not compatible with Android so I'll have to convert 1GB of videos to mpeg4, which will probably take a while.

As I want to make the new version for the 10th, I'm going to stop spending time with it (for now) and use all my time until day 9 creating new events for the desktop version of Solvalley (0.10.0). So the official Android version will have to wait a little longer.

A few more things

My internet is horrible. That's why it's extremely difficult to upload large files. However, I've spent some money to solve this problem, and I'll probably have a decent internet from next week.

This will help me upload my games into more mirrors. I will also be able to upload more options to the player (if you notice, I do not have a patch for the MAC yet, nor the Solvalley compressed version).

But these deficiencies will be corrected and in a few days I will already be able to offer as many options as possible to the patrons.

Bye!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@TK8000 for movie conversion, see . It will convert and compress movies. Android supports webm, so you might be able to use it out of the box.

Aug 28, 2017
Alex has to be my favorite MC , just says what he wants does what he wants , fucks everyone and doesn't care what you think...finally a Dev who gets it..enough with these pussy/whiny/talk to themselves every time a decision needs to be made weak ass MC's.
Lol

Then you will love "Adventures of Willy D".

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Well...when you like HS and looking for a game to fap on, you found it. Nonstop fuckfest with good animations and funny storylines. Love it

Reactions: Namco15

PjMuka

Jan 20, 2017
I like this game enough to where I would go through the transcript and fix all the typos and grammatical errors for free.

4.20 star(s) 158 Votes