Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.42] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.40 star(s) 44 Votes

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Trongle By the way, I've been meaning to ask this around when the first demo came out, but completely forgot until now; are there any plans to have some kind of long-term investment/progress system into the game? Something similar to unlocking new items/skills via the shops, but on a larger scale, so that you have things to work on and you're rewarded for success in beating levels.

The basic gameplay loop is very fine but, and maybe that's something everyone else will disagree with, I feel like the "metagame" is a bit lacking and I wonder if the plan is to keep it that way.

Probably because an answer you're most likely looking for was given a couple of posts above yours.
Yeah I have some fun progression stuff planned, I just don't think it's time for too much meta progression until i see how mutliple levels are going to affect the gameplay.

Reactions: DaVe_X and 0nymous

randomlurkerr

Dec 16, 2018
Hoo boy... Good looking game, but now I'm going to have to do the thing where I get my ass kicked over and over despite doing what the guide tells me, finally figuring out what I was doing wrong, making it through the early parts of the game before getting my ass kicked over and over as soon as the difficulty spikes even slightly.

Thank you so much for reminding me how smoothbrain I am when playing erotic games, I really appreciate it.:whistle:

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
it wasnt answered though? why were we told one thing and then when the update comes out its not what was told. Im fine with the devs doing what they can and putting in the work to re do coding and I understand its not easy. Im more annoyed at the lack of transparency. Had they said the update was just going to be the re coding and nothing else I wouldn't have been wasting my time logging on to check this page everyday for 4 months.
Cite your source?

Reactions: DaVe_X

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
it wasnt answered though? why were we told one thing and then when the update comes out its not what was told. Im fine with the devs doing what they can and putting in the work to re do coding and I understand its not easy. Im more annoyed at the lack of transparency. Had they said the update was just going to be the re coding and nothing else I wouldn't have been wasting my time logging on to check this page everyday for 4 months.
I've been pretty damn transparant I think. I don't recall saying any of the things you're accusing me of saying. We've been saying we've been rebuilding the code since releasing the demo, so I'm not sure where you got that information. Sorry if you feel left in the dark, we have a discord for a reason.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: DaVe_X

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SomeHeroinesClimbUpATowerToAskGodWhyTheGameHasANameThatsSoLong-1.133Redux
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

randomlurkerr

Dec 16, 2018
Been playing it for a bit, and barring me overlooking something important I think I've got the main strategy down. I'm doing everything the guide said to. I'm managing my stamina, using my abilities when they are most effective, prioritizing dangerous enemies first and keeping them out of their preferred zones... And it is working.

Right up until I hit the boss.

The problem seems to be the usual issue you see in rogue-likes where you are either given the tools you need to win or are pretty much guaranteed to lose. Rogue-likes are games where you live and die by the RNG, so that's to be expected to a degree, but it's a fine line to balance on. Whether or not the game is too hard to be fun to play or an entertaining challenge is going to vary from player to player as well.

I'm not playing erotic games for the nail-biting challenge. I don't just want a gallery of those gifs, since getting them while playing the game is more satisfying, but the 1 hp enemy mod is definitely welcome.

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
Found a bug I didn't see from searching the thread - if the miniboss who throws enemies picks up an enemy that is raping a Heroine, that Heroine is permanently stuck in sex even though the enemy responsible is gone.
The specific enemy was the vine roper enemy, but it was full-on sex, not the restrained effect, though I wonder if effects like that one could also become permanent if thrown?

Last edited:

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Cardinal and Trongle have both mentioned the "Level 2 update" once or twice, but they've said multiple times they were doing a full recoding of the game and working on a tutorial. Normally I would bitch about wait times too, but cmon man, this is a good chunk of content for free and Cardinal even admitted the recode is what took so much time. You want slow, go look at Happy Heart Panic: dev said nothing other than "it's coming!" after 4 MONTHS since their last update, and took a full half year to push out a whopping 3 short looping pixel animations. That's all on top of them making 50k a year on Patreon vs zero here aside from willing donations.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Been playing it for a bit, and barring me overlooking something important I think I've got the main strategy down. I'm doing everything the guide said to. I'm managing my stamina, using my abilities when they are most effective, prioritizing dangerous enemies first and keeping them out of their preferred zones... And it is working.

Right up until I hit the boss.

The problem seems to be the usual issue you see in rogue-likes where you are either given the tools you need to win or are pretty much guaranteed to lose. Rogue-likes are games where you live and die by the RNG, so that's to be expected to a degree, but it's a fine line to balance on. Whether or not the game is too hard to be fun to play or an entertaining challenge is going to vary from player to player as well.

I'm not playing erotic games for the nail-biting challenge. I don't just want a gallery of those gifs, since getting them while playing the game is more satisfying, but the 1 hp enemy mod is definitely welcome.
Get fucked,
And I mean that as a tip. Have your characters have sex more. It’s a risk/reward maneuver that boosts your damage output.

McKraken

May 13, 2017
This is the most pleasant surprise I've seen come across here in a long time. Genuinely funny writing, unique and appealing art, interesting combat system.

My main gripe right now is that with the speed of the actions/reactions and lack of indicator on who is getting targeted, you can barely appreciate the art of the heroines reacting to getting hit or groped.

But that's small. This is a very promising game!

EDIT: Whoops, the below is true! Completely missed that option.

If, like me, you missed it - you can change the animation speed by clicking the gear icon on the top right during a run. You can adjust the art from 0.5 seconds to 5 seconds.

Glad I found it. I think 1.5 seconds looks great, and if the game continued while the animation played, it'd be pretty great!
That said, my biggest gripe now is lack of a quick abandon/restart option, rather than having to exit the entire program to restart.

Last edited:

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
Found the secret? sex scene during the Beholly and Beholdan fight... that's an interesting way to defeat that boss!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Trongle

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
Found a bug I didn't see from searching the thread - if the miniboss who throws enemies picks up an enemy that is raping a Heroine, that Heroine is permanently stuck in sex even though the enemy responsible is gone.
The specific enemy was the vine roper enemy, but it was full-on sex, not the restrained effect, though I wonder if effects like that one could also become permanent if thrown?
New reply to aid visibility, but I just encountered this bug a second time fighting the slime boss. If she consumes an enemy that is having sex with a Heroine, once again the Heroine is permanently stuck in sex mode even though the enemy responsible is gone. Perhaps these kills caused by bosses are not sending whatever event is supposed to register the enemy as being slain in the code?

1700210931162.png
I got a screenshot this time, as is seen here, Swordswoman is being fucked by what used to be a buff red guy, but there are no enemies in sex mode on the field.

Skreekaw

Aug 9, 2018
I really want to like this game but I'm experiencing monumental levels of skill issue. Normally I'd consider myself a pretty fair hand with these kinds of battlers, but I've done 8-9 runs and been completely overrun immediately every single time. I get that you're supposed to push enemies out of their zone, but it tends to take at least 2-4 turns to kill a single enemy, and yet three enemies spawn every single turn. If I waste all my stamina spamming AoE's I can delay the inevitable for a half dozen turns but once a few get into each lane and thus can't be pushed back or pulled around, I can't do anything except take tiny chips off health off single enemies one at a time while they get 15+ attacks in a turn.

I've scoured the thread and tried to take as much advice as I can - I've played similar games like DD and done fine, so I wouldn't think I would struggle so much, but as it happens I haven't even seen anything resembling a boss or actually reached a location yet.

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
I really want to like this game but I'm experiencing monumental levels of skill issue. Normally I'd consider myself a pretty fair hand with these kinds of battlers, but I've done 8-9 runs and been completely overrun immediately every single time. I get that you're supposed to push enemies out of their zone, but it tends to take at least 2-4 turns to kill a single enemy, and yet three enemies spawn every single turn. If I waste all my stamina spamming AoE's I can delay the inevitable for a half dozen turns but once a few get into each lane and thus can't be pushed back or pulled around, I can't do anything except take tiny chips off health off single enemies one at a time while they get 15+ attacks in a turn.

I've scoured the thread and tried to take as much advice as I can - I've played similar games like DD and done fine, so I wouldn't think I would struggle so much, but as it happens I haven't even seen anything resembling a boss or actually reached a location yet.
I don't want to harp on balance concerns too much as the currently-locked Spells button suggests we're missing an entire game mechanic but yeah, success right now seems heavily reliant on RNG with very few opportunities to turn a weak start around due to the low number of events per run.

Your best bet is to focus on getting dealt a starting skill set that can attack any spot without being too costly, can attack multiple targets, or can assist with crowd control. You can do full attack damage regardless of color zone with cheap skills like Power Thrust which can also move targets around, and a lot of the movement skills can also do extra collision damage if you bump enemies into each other. Ninja and Archer's skills feel much more useful than Swordswoman's to me so far, as a bunch of her skills are restricted to her attack zone, and non-offensive support skills have rarely worked out for me due to the heavy cost, and the opportunity cost of not being able to carry a more versatile skill in the slot.
The second piece of the puzzle is items from events, many of which can enable any heroine to attack any spot for 20 damage, which bailed me out of more than one tight spot. Pick whatever path is going to get you nice stuff.

Reactions: McKraken
4.40 star(s) 44 Votes