Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes

jabbawock004

Jan 9, 2018
View attachment 3206036

View attachment 3206038

View attachment 3206041

View attachment 3206042

In class Enemy

public void Initialize(EnemySO enemySO)
{
this.girlHavingSex = null;
this.thisEnemySO = enemySO;
this.art.GetComponent<Animator>().runtimeAnimatorController = enemySO.GetAnimatorController();
this.hp = 1f; // <------
Thanks !

I edited the enemy hp (added a few conditions) that I think makes the game easier (but not too easy) ?

The enemy HPs are now,

Dog-type-thing enemy : 10hp
Bowman : 15hp
Wizard : 30hp
Swordman (red guy with sword) : 25hp
Every other enemy has a 20hp reduction

I think those who have dnSpy can play around a bit to choose hp levels to their liking View attachment Assembly-CSharp.zip

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Thanks !

I edited the enemy hp (added a few conditions) that I think makes the game easier (but not too easy) ?

The enemy HPs are now,

Dog-type-thing enemy : 10hp
Bowman : 15hp
Wizard : 30hp
Swordman (red guy with sword) : 25hp
Every other enemy has a 20hp reduction

I think those who have dnSpy can play around a bit to choose hp levels to their liking View attachment 3209330
Hey, bro, that is indeed too easy.

to be clear I don’t mind that you are making an easy mode, I just want to defend my balance choices a little bit. I’m not mad, I just want to vomit some game design theory onto the floor. Mod the game to your heart’s content, I love you.

Barf:
Part of the reason the enemy hp values are the way they are is to get the player thinking about snowballing (the process by which if a player doesn’t take care of something earlier, it gets more and more difficult later). Archer is the only character with the ability to kill (certain) enemies (warg and archer) with a single basic attack making one of her specialties being preventing snowballing. If an enemy like the warg can now be murdered instantly as long as he’s in any heroine’s zone, it negates the penalty and diminishes archer’s role in the team.
Wizards have so much HP for the same reason. You might feel like it’s safe to let a wizard escape from archer’s gaze, and the wizards are relatively harmless alone, but it’s all an evil trap set by me, your arch nemesis Trongle, trickster god of evil game design.

you might think, why make Snowballing a feature? That sounds awful and evil!
But I like when some fun in games comes from having things spiral out of control but through some determination and wit you pull yourself out of it and wind up back on top.

anyway, carry on, and please let me know if you get any feedback on the easy mode.

jabbawock004

Jan 9, 2018
Hey, bro, that is indeed too easy.

to be clear I don’t mind that you are making an easy mode, I just want to defend my balance choices a little bit. I’m not mad, I just want to vomit some game design theory onto the floor. Mod the game to your heart’s content, I love you.

Barf:
Part of the reason the enemy hp values are the way they are is to get the player thinking about snowballing (the process by which if a player doesn’t take care of something earlier, it gets more and more difficult later). Archer is the only character with the ability to kill (certain) enemies (warg and archer) with a single basic attack making one of her specialties being preventing snowballing. If an enemy like the warg can now be murdered instantly as long as he’s in any heroine’s zone, it negates the penalty and diminishes archer’s role in the team.
Wizards have so much HP for the same reason. You might feel like it’s safe to let a wizard escape from archer’s gaze, and the wizards are relatively harmless alone, but it’s all an evil trap set by me, your arch nemesis Trongle, trickster god of evil game design.

you might think, why make Snowballing a feature? That sounds awful and evil!
But I like when some fun in games comes from having things spiral out of control but through some determination and wit you pull yourself out of it and wind up back on top.

anyway, carry on, and please let me know if you get any feedback on the easy mode.
Hey, thanks for the awesome game !

Sorry for not asking for permission before creating a mod (;´∀`) .

I agree with you on the snowballing feature. With the easier mod, the game feels a lot more bland (it now simply becomes a game where you take a few minutes to keep defeating enemies as they keep coming, which I think defeats the purpose of the game), so I definitely agree playing the game with the original enemy HPs. Although, (with your permission of course) I "may" (may in double quotes, cuz I'm not sure if I'll be doing it anytime soon or if it's even needed) make a few changes not to the HPs of the enemies, but to the cost of the skills (stamina/resistance) to see if I can still retain the snowballing effect (and hence the flavor of the game) but make it a bit less taxing for those who would like to enjoy the snowballing effect, but not take the trouble of going through too many rounds to beat a level (;´∀`) .

Reactions: Minipax84

CheckitOn

Apr 13, 2018
I have no text showing up anywhere in the game, only the text sounds, did I do something wrong
(disregard, its normal now suddenly)

Last edited:

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
Aug 31, 2021
I just killed the bomber boss and unlocked the smith, weapons trader or whatever, but after the dialogue the game seems to have gotten in a stuck state, at least I can't seem to figure out a way to make any more moves. It just shows me the combat history, I can go to look at map but it won't let me select a fighter.
THERE'S A BLACKSMITH?
and here I was just fighting my enemies barehanded....

SpearOfLies

Dec 20, 2018
Cool game but the lack of a gallery make not wanting to hunt for the unique animations around. Also wasn't supposed to be a mechanic that make your character captured? Does it require to be lose to the slave trader on a certain way?

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Cool game but the lack of a gallery make not wanting to hunt for the unique animations around. Also wasn't supposed to be a mechanic that make your character captured? Does it require to be lose to the slave trader on a certain way?
Gallery coming soon.
Also, yes, you have to lose a heroine and get them back from the slaver. This mechanic will get more fleshed out later.

MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
Yo, Just come back to check the game and saw android version. I dont know if bug also found on PC version too but the skill attack all 3 vertical in same red line does not apply if the guy u select on them got low health that skill will kill them soo there goes stamina.

history there does not display anything at all also
I think I might missing one more bug but cant check right now

Reactions: Trongle

cryosis431

Jul 26, 2019
I like roguelites but this is really poorly balanced, you're basically forced to re-run the first level 5+ times with no chance of winning grinding out gold and hoping you get a run with decent skills to start. The difficulty is just too high to the point of being frustrating. Art style is great, those cut-ins over the girls need to last more than a nanosecond though. Needs a lot of balance work and ideally a difficulty slider, and you should be able to pick your starting skill for each girl from all available skills instead of two random often shitty choices, or be able to restart the run immediately.

MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
There time like game spawn straight up 8-10 red brute or straight up 5 archers and you lack skills for group attack but even only indivual attack only skills in this newer version still get me through to the boss and sometime

screw up

Or close call

and other time game just straight up give me gallery viewer

tho I know that rougelike usually reward you with something each failure. I hope this get added too

got bug that event attack duration something does not saved and will default back or new match despite it still set like 2.5 sec yet when heroine get grope on they duration is the default time. I still not sure if this is a bug since I wasn't pay attention to this much

there some dialogue with all new characters you met throughout the game but heroine girlz refer each other by their class. I not sure if this is intended or not but you give them a name soo shouldn't they refer to by their name??

Last edited:
Reactions: Alkasal

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Heroines self portraits.png

Bestiary/Gallery update. Coming Feb 7th 2024 Hey, guys. You asked, we listened. This update includes a billion bugfixes and a couple of really neat changes and additions.
  1. SPELLS
After finding a special new item in Fuu’s tent, and then meeting a new NPC, you’ll be able to cast spells. Use your new key item to equip a spell.
  1. Bestiary/Gallery
Capture enemies to add them to your Bestiary, which will unlock all their previously viewed sexy art as well. The heroines will leave comments on the monsters they’ve caught.
  1. S.L.A.V.E tickets.
A new way to revive your Heroines. Purchase S.L.A.V.E tickets from Brad’s camp to have your heroines delivered back onto the battlefield… in a box… that you have to break. Release date February 7th 2024 (edited)

(the download might be a bit late to f95, we had like an 8 hour delay last time, so join the discord if you want that download at the earliest)

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes