Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes

EdelweissFoster

Apr 27, 2022
Hey, bro, that is indeed too easy.

to be clear I don’t mind that you are making an easy mode, I just want to defend my balance choices a little bit. I’m not mad, I just want to vomit some game design theory onto the floor. Mod the game to your heart’s content, I love you.

Barf:
Part of the reason the enemy hp values are the way they are is to get the player thinking about snowballing (the process by which if a player doesn’t take care of something earlier, it gets more and more difficult later). Archer is the only character with the ability to kill (certain) enemies (warg and archer) with a single basic attack making one of her specialties being preventing snowballing. If an enemy like the warg can now be murdered instantly as long as he’s in any heroine’s zone, it negates the penalty and diminishes archer’s role in the team.
Wizards have so much HP for the same reason. You might feel like it’s safe to let a wizard escape from archer’s gaze, and the wizards are relatively harmless alone, but it’s all an evil trap set by me, your arch nemesis Trongle, trickster god of evil game design.

you might think, why make Snowballing a feature? That sounds awful and evil!
But I like when some fun in games comes from having things spiral out of control but through some determination and wit you pull yourself out of it and wind up back on top.

anyway, carry on, and please let me know if you get any feedback on the easy mode.
I love it when devs talk about their games like that, it shows how much they like what they do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trongle

Wulfey

Oct 11, 2017
where can i find the gallery
From what I've noticed, you access it by clicking the big hole on the bottom left in the hub area. You can climb down after the ninja puts up a chain. There is an npc down there that gives you a journal, and from there they also teach you spells to capture enemies. From there, the book records and remembers the lewd encounters you had with the captured enemies. Each person also has a unique dialog to describe the monster based on if they were the one to capture the monster.

You gain access magic from going in the tent and clicking on the magic rock scurrying on the ground. You get more spells for capturing different kinds of monsters (like at 2 unique types, 4, 6 etc.)

Reactions: Anonymous5689

khangdobao

Feb 27, 2022
From what I've noticed, you access it by clicking the big hole on the bottom left in the hub area. You can climb down after the ninja puts up a chain. There is an npc down there that gives you a journal, and from there they also teach you spells to capture enemies. From there, the book records and remembers the lewd encounters you had with the captured enemies. Each person also has a unique dialog to describe the monster based on if they were the one to capture the monster.

You gain access magic from going in the tent and clicking on the magic rock scurrying on the ground. You get more spells for capturing different kinds of monsters (like at 2 unique types, 4, 6 etc.)
do you have a save with full gallery?
getting full gallery seem like a pain

Minipax84

Sep 26, 2017
Hey, bro, that is indeed too easy.

to be clear I don’t mind that you are making an easy mode, I just want to defend my balance choices a little bit. I’m not mad, I just want to vomit some game design theory onto the floor. Mod the game to your heart’s content, I love you.

Barf:
Part of the reason the enemy hp values are the way they are is to get the player thinking about snowballing (the process by which if a player doesn’t take care of something earlier, it gets more and more difficult later). Archer is the only character with the ability to kill (certain) enemies (warg and archer) with a single basic attack making one of her specialties being preventing snowballing. If an enemy like the warg can now be murdered instantly as long as he’s in any heroine’s zone, it negates the penalty and diminishes archer’s role in the team.
Wizards have so much HP for the same reason. You might feel like it’s safe to let a wizard escape from archer’s gaze, and the wizards are relatively harmless alone, but it’s all an evil trap set by me, your arch nemesis Trongle, trickster god of evil game design.

you might think, why make Snowballing a feature? That sounds awful and evil!
But I like when some fun in games comes from having things spiral out of control but through some determination and wit you pull yourself out of it and wind up back on top.

anyway, carry on, and please let me know if you get any feedback on the easy mode.
I like the concept and art, seeing something other than Renpy or rpgmaker is always nice. Now, I didn't play the game for long so I might just be very bad at it but honestly you've kind of hit the nail on the head for my biggest gripe with it: the Archer plays such an outsized role compared to the other two heroines. You have all these neat abilities to move enemies around etc, but it feels like the moment you even have mobs in the red space you're already losing; moving them in and out of this or that zone becomes moot when the only winning strategy is to AoE everything asap.

I'll also fully admit I had no idea what was going on most of the time, it felt like fights would end at random and I was just teleported all over the map.

Reactions: Bulbanych

slex989

Jan 16, 2019
i tried to get the full gallery after playing for 4 hours then i got tired, i unlocked all the characters by cappturing them, you just need to get fucked by the monsters and open the monster book, some are missing, here the save file
doesn't work the book is empty af

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes