• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.40 star(s) 42 Votes
Jan 25, 2018
Less that and more "I wish there was a way to not cheat by accident" (sometimes the claw has got a bit wiggly pulling things up and made me cheat that way despite trying very hard not to), but eh. Explains why I'm already clearing the game asap either way I suppose :V.

Snowmanly

Dec 24, 2018
The mushroom bombs are the biggest cancer in this game. I get that you have to make them hit each other on spawn, but sometimes that's impossible. Make a second way to destroy them. Speaking as someone who almost beat the second level, as well. Also, if they are indestructable, make it so ninja's chain attack does not attack them. I know it does. It's bullshit, it's not fun, it ruins a good run just because, and honestly, it's infuriating as fuck.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Trongle
Another claw game/save state bug. When you do the claw game and buy rewards for it BEFORE you Save & Quit from the "camp" menu, you DON'T get to keep your rewards, but you DO lose all your gold. So I just bricked another run because I basically sank 600 gold into nothing.
Reloading after finishing the claw game resets it back to the initial status (10g cost per first use of the claw), but like I said: the game DOES save your spent gold status.

In other words, save scumming possible only before doing the claw game, not after, because it eats your gold.

zoom100

Sep 8, 2017
Amazing update here, I'm working my way through level 2 - visited the thread because I was stuck trying to figure out mechanics for the rockets - I was sure there was a way to deal with them, I just hadn't figured it out (I've only had time for a couple playthroughs).

I'm 100% onboard with the zero progression design choice; I generally dislike meta progression, so this game feels like it's made for me. Comparisons to "I want to be the guy" seem a bit misguided as that game is intentionally difficult and punishing to an extreme, while this game is difficult but mostly fair. I would imagine that you, as a dev, can probably complete most (all?) runs regardless of RNG on skills/enemy spawns, and this game doesn't require physical dexterity so it's just game knowledge + strategic choices.

I think the addition of the Demonicon is welcome. I find it a bit tedious to have to capture them...but whatever, it works, it's just nice to have that info available. I'd like more info in there - we can see their HP easily in a run, but seeing their attack damage would be very cool - it's hard for me to catch that in-game sometimes. The hints from each ninja for capturing is interesting.

I agree with other players that have said giving hints or some other kind of information about the rockets might be useful. It's been fun to go into level 2 and have to learn the new mechanics, I haven't put in enough time to give any balance input - but if I were going to make a suggestion, it would be to continue making information (and/or hints) available to the player somehow. You seem to be going in a direction that makes some information more easily accessible (I haven't played in a few months) and I like the changes in that direction.

Other comments have mentioned this and I agree: I find the crane game minigame a bit too slow. It's fun to accidentally discover easter eggs there, but the speed of the arm on return and especially the time spent waiting for it to stop swinging before lowering just feels like a waste to me. Maybe I can develop a skill to move it left/right against momentum to stop it swinging faster...you've made good design decisions elsewhere so I'm sure you'll change this or keep it as you see fit.

This game just continues to amaze me every time I revisit it. I appreciate the time and effort put into design and development! Cheers.

Dinglederper

Dec 19, 2020
Comparisons to "I want to be the guy" seem a bit misguided as that game is intentionally difficult and punishing to an extreme, while this game is difficult but mostly fair.
Just to be clear, I specifically said that the IWBTG comparison was about exactly what you're saying; not that the game is just that hard, but that it's about the focus. I don't think the difficulty is a problem in and of itself, but that it feels like I'm being pulled in two very different directions; enjoy smut, which is largely "brain off" mode, or enjoy gameplay, which is at least somewhat "brain on" mode. I think both aspects are great, but my point was about how the two clash (namely, trying to get any of the slave outfit CG for the gallery), not a generic "game bad because hard" complaint.

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Just to be clear, I specifically said that the IWBTG comparison was about exactly what you're saying; not that the game is just that hard, but that it's about the focus. I don't think the difficulty is a problem in and of itself, but that it feels like I'm being pulled in two very different directions; enjoy smut, which is largely "brain off" mode, or enjoy gameplay, which is at least somewhat "brain on" mode. I think both aspects are great, but my point was about how the two clash (namely, trying to get any of the slave outfit CG for the gallery), not a generic "game bad because hard" complaint.
That's honestly a fair criticism and trust me, I also want to make the erotic content more prevelant because sometimes if your build is a certain way you will barely see anything. I'm always looking for ways to integrate it further, so hopefully with time it is more balanced. Despite what the most recent review says I hope it's pretty obvious from the change log that I DO care about QoL improvements and balancing the game and I do read feedback. I don't want as much bullshit RNG stuff either and with every little change we shave off a rough edge or two. The RNG is already less punishing than it was at the start, and we're still continuing to make improvements.
At the end of the day, I just 1. Don't want to make an easy mode. And I 2. Don't want to add meta progression (maybe in tiny doses), but definitely not with permanent stat boosts for the heroines. I'm not against some REAL balance though.

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I love the game but for some reason I have to force quit it with task manager
Yeah I have issues with the quit button sometimes as well, are there specific menus you have a harder time quitting from or anything?

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
no idea if I got what I wanted to say across or if it got lost in writing but the games main issue I was trying to talk about was how the rng could screw the player into unwinable situations and your right it has gotten better over development, but still is an issue as the game is a rather unique in how it plays.

you've made it clear you don't want to make the heroines stronger and that's fine's, your game no need for me to repeat what others said

still the player should probs get more and better tools, tricks and hints to be able to turn the tide in said bullshit situations
(also more jokes those are great)

Reactions: Trongle

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
Yeah I have issues with the quit button sometimes as well, are there specific menus you have a harder time quitting from or anything?
Well talking to the arena girl sometimes bugs and lock me in that menu, and I once got locked on the map of the second floor (my first time there actually) I did manage to defeat it on another playthrought

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonsix6969
4.40 star(s) 42 Votes