Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.42] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.30 star(s) 46 Votes

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
3 levels per run doesn’t necessarily mean there’s only going to be 3 levels.
Do you mean bonus levels like you did on another post here or will there be different levels for the same floor similarly to the interchangeable boss system you already made here?

Ziggy_Diggy

Oct 5, 2018
The reason level one is difficult is because there’s only going to be 3 levels per run. If a single one of those levels is mindlessly easy, it’ll be super boring to replay that level.
I’m actually gonna push back against that. It already takes a long ass time to get through floor 1 (20-30 minutes in my experience). With each additional floor, you increase the time needed to get to the higher floors more and more. I think f1 eventually being a quick and simple run would actually be far more enjoyable than it being a constant challenge since it allows you to get back to the novel experiences quicker.

Most roguelikes tend to be like this actually with the first floor(s) being a quick and easy start that gets you your first bits of loot that shape the rest of the run. The first floor is going to be the most frequently played part of your game, so why shackle players there any longer than you have to?

If you really don’t want to make it easier, maybe consider at least allowing it to be completed at a faster rate as the number 1 thing stopping me personally from playing more f2, is the extremely annoying 20 minute tax I need to pay to get there.

Last edited:

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
The first floor is going to be the most frequently played part of your game, so why shackle players there any longer than you have to?
To me, It’s not about quantity of time spent, it’s about quality of time spent. RPG combat systems become a chore as soon as the solution to every problem becomes pressing the basic attack button. This is a strategy game, if I’m not giving the player a chance to use their brain every time they take a turn, it’s no longer a strategy game.
If the first floor is going to be the most frequently played part of my game, that’s EXACTLY why it needs to be just as engaging/fun as what comes next.
That being said, there’s a lot more mechanics on the way that will affect the difficulty (eventually I’m adding a 4th party member, but the details of that are a secret).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

Ziggy_Diggy

Oct 5, 2018
To me, It’s not about quantity of time spent, it’s about quality of time spent. RPG combat systems become a chore as soon as the solution to every problem becomes pressing the basic attack button. This is a strategy game, if I’m not giving the player a chance to use their brain every time they take a turn, it’s no longer a strategy game.
If the first floor is going to be the most frequently played part of my game, that’s EXACTLY why it needs to be just as engaging/fun as what comes next.
That being said, there’s a lot more mechanics on the way that will affect the difficulty (eventually I’m adding a 4th party member, but the details of that are a secret).
I get what you’re saying, but once you have the first floor figured out, that’s it. Out brains are literally designed to automate work so that we don’t have to think as hard. I don’t really think anymore when going through the first floor, I do the equivalent of attack and hit next turn because I basically have muscle memory guiding me through the level. Unless you can make every level offer completely novel experiences on every run, the brain will win out and the strategy part of the game will be automated.

your secret mechanic might be a game changer, but based on what I have my hands on right now? I’d really rather just get to engage with F2 more quicker as that’s the actually enjoyable part of the game for me right now.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I get what you’re saying, but once you have the first floor figured out, that’s it. I don’t really think anymore when going through the first floor, I do the equivalent of attack and hit next turn because I basically have muscle memory guiding me through the level.

your secret mechanic might be a game changer, but based on what I have my hands on right now? I’d really rather just get to engage with F2 more quicker as that’s the actually enjoyable part of the game for me right now.
Gotcha, I assumed you were asking me to make level 1 easier.
If this is the case I suggest going all in on the speed upgrade.
(Also not sure if you knew this, but level one actually gets a little tougher each time you win)

Reactions: bucefala
Jul 26, 2020
Oh, talking about this, i'm surprised that you people made the 3 basic enemies (archer, red guy and mage) have the same groping and fucking pictures, was that on purpose or was it to cut some corners and focus on more important things? Just something that has been on my mind for a while now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dragonsix6969
Feb 17, 2018
Gotcha, I assumed you were asking me to make level 1 easier.
If this is the case I suggest going all in on the speed upgrade.
(Also not sure if you knew this, but level one actually gets a little tougher each time you win)
Ooooh, so thats the reason why imps starts appearing without Brad. I thought it's due to me defeating him once. Also is there gonna be opportunity, to for example get bondage cloth if heroines got defeated by him or smth like that in future? I mean, the only way to get them is just blatantly loosing to enemies which is kinda silly to say the least.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Oh, talking about this, i'm surprised that you people made the 3 basic enemies (archer, red guy and mage) have the same groping and fucking pictures, was that on purpose or was it to cut some corners and focus on more important things? Just something that has been on my mind for a while now.
When I’ve drawn over 100 battle fuck/grope images it might be a bit silly to call it “cutting corners”
The enemies have similar body types so they share images. Same deal with the four armed bugs in level two.
Yes, it’s on purpose.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Ooooh, so thats the reason why imps starts appearing without Brad. I thought it's due to me defeating him once. Also is there gonna be opportunity, to for example get bondage cloth if heroines got defeated by him or smth like that in future? I mean, the only way to get them is just blatantly loosing to enemies which is kinda silly to say the least.
Killing Brad DOES increase imp spawn, yes.
Also I’m adding an outfit shop soon where you can get the bondage gear.

Jul 26, 2020
When I’ve drawn over 100 battle fuck/grope images it might be a bit silly to call it “cutting corners”
The enemies have similar body types so they share images. Same deal with the four armed bugs in level two.
Yes, it’s on purpose.
Sorry for the term, didn't mean to offend. Thanks for answering.

Reactions: Trongle

imdisappointing

Jul 3, 2020
While I have enjoyed this game thoroughly, my biggest gripe with the difficulty spike of Stage 2 is the blockroaches, even if their damage resistance stays at 50% and 100%, I really don't think it should apply to other blockroaches. Sometimes the board just fills up faster than you can kill and then you can't manipulate their position, leading into a full blockroach wall that all have 100% protection on eachother. Maybe I'm just missing something but at the moment it hardly feels fair.

Feb 17, 2018
While I have enjoyed this game thoroughly, my biggest gripe with the difficulty spike of Stage 2 is the blockroaches, even if their damage resistance stays at 50% and 100%, I really don't think it should apply to other blockroaches. Sometimes the board just fills up faster than you can kill and then you can't manipulate their position, leading into a full blockroach wall that all have 100% protection on eachother. Maybe I'm just missing something but at the moment it hardly feels fair.
There is some ways to deal with them: keep catching monsters to get spell where there is no new enemies spawn for 2 steps/rounds, start separating them or killing them as soon as u gonna be able to, get items that pulls enemies(I think there is only 1 item that doing that, but it appearing in x5 stack) or if u lucky enough get skill for ninja that pulls enemies to red zone.

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
I just thought about it but you get to name the heroines when you meet them but then they keep calling themselves ninja ranger knight, is that a bug or some kind of joke I am too uncultured to understand?

4.30 star(s) 46 Votes