4.10 star(s) 153 Votes

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Myself and demagole were trying to get this going on Daz items. Happy to help if you want.... PM me if this is still needed. I guess you might have loads offering to help already and have what you need...

I use Daz a lot, but I am no master, but happy to test and provide suitable best clothing items as I have so many and know the ideal ones to maybe use.
To be more specific, I'm looking for people with experience in blender, familiar with rigging and skinning and with time to contribute. The only working pipeline is from blender -> unity -> game.

The current process requires binding the asset properly, assigning all the weights, fixing all geometry issues and optimizing the mesh, sculpting assets to conform to the game skin, define/apply proper materials, than recreate the game shape keys. Many things will not work, so ability to troubleshoot and solve issues is important.

Daz is not used beside exporting to blender. The armature, skin and morph are incompatible. Knowledge of Daz is valuable, but more to document what needs to be changed to adapt their asset to the game.

If this matches your skillset and interest, pm me.

-T-

P.s. To manage expectations here, the game was not built for what we are doing here. Many things will not work properly including saving custom outfits, randomizing, mapping custom materials, collisions with non skintight clothing, etc. Still no ETA - unlikely to have something before the next game patch.

I contacted the dev to see how he wants to proceed. Most issues are core limitations and design decisions he made. I've suggested a solution which would make the game much stronger. While rewriting/patching his code is doable, this means the mods would break and require fixing each time. This is not a path I want to go into.

Last edited:

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
To be more specific, I'm looking for people with experience in blender, familiar with rigging and skinning and with time to contribute. The only working pipeline is from blender -> unity -> game.

The current process requires binding the asset properly, assigning all the weights, fixing all geometry issues and optimizing the mesh, sculpting assets to conform to the game skin, define/apply proper materials, than recreate the game shape keys. Many things will not work, so ability to troubleshoot and solve issues is important.

Daz is not used beside exporting to blender. The armature, skin and morph are incompatible. Knowledge of Daz is valuable, but more to document what needs to be changed to adapt their asset to the game.

If this matches your skillset and interest, pm me.

-T-

P.s. To manage expectations here, the game was not built for what we are doing here. Many things will not work properly including saving custom outfits, randomizing, mapping custom materials, collisions with non skintight clothing, etc. Still no ETA - unlikely to have something before the next game patch.

I contacted the dev to see how he wants to proceed. Most issues are core limitations and design decisions he made. I've suggested a solution which would make the game much stronger. While rewriting/patching his code is doable, this means the mods would break and require fixing each time. This is not a path I want to go into.
All seems like a good challenge, but also a hassle. Just wondering, what would be an ideal game for you to mod, assuming source code is available?
(Nobody should expect anything from me, I'm tinkering on my own non-3D stuff. I'm just curious)

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
All seems like a good challenge, but also a hassle. Just wondering, what would be an ideal game for you to mod, assuming source code is available?
(Nobody should expect anything from me, I'm tinkering on my own non-3D stuff. I'm just curious)
My own :)

More generally, an ideal game is one that I would be passionate about, that has lots of potential, breaks new grounds, offer learning opportunity, has a great community and supportive and engaged developers.

For all it's warts, SMA still offers a unique gaming experience. The lack of engagement from the dev has been an increasing problem, and Monkey will likely be moved to support only mode after clothing is done.

Last edited:

DevSteve

Sep 18, 2021
Time is probably better spent writing our own game tbh to spec. That's the route I've been taking on anyway.
Was thinking the same TBH.

The amount of time spent so far by various people with this, that and the other which isn't 100% and never will be, isnt really ideal, but it can be fun to mess about with. Putting time into something spec'd as you say is a good shout. This way you won't be sort of insulting the original devs work, that who knows could end up being quite good eventually, but we are all too impatient.

It's easy to also criticise a devs work but to me, this devs done an amazing job with the concept and probably his/her first ever real attempt.

VAM as much as I hate it, probably has some of the right lines to work in line with.

Hey ho. Better get back to my ERP development...

• Angry
Reactions: t727 and IXL

Nathanxm

Feb 11, 2021
I have some issues too with 0.9.5 and BE31.
In Interviews Mission control (F6) and Gene tool (F7) does not show up. Natural text (Enter) also does not show. Auto thrust, enabler and poser does not work. Tried with other hotkeys - same result.
But in single interviews some of it work: Mission control and gene tool show up. Auto thrust works, poser work.
Don't know why...

Also there seems a bug in 0.9.5 in the autorater profile editor. Eye and hair color don't get saved in the simple profile. The complete is still broken/starts at very low in all slots (pain in the arse)

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
BE Update 3 now supports 0.9.5 as separate download

Hand feature is disabled by default.
Auto-grip does not work as supposed to, and grab conflicts with builtin pick mode.
Any clues how to enable the autothrust? It used to be space bar but now that doesn't do anything. Also, when I press F6 or F7 nothing seems to come up. My install is a base 9.5 with Monkey 1.8.8.7

Hephannon

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks for report. I've tested single interview only, and that's result.

This build should work with rating game.
Don't work for me, in interview I can't interact with model, "F" offers dialog option but I cannot validate them they just stay on/green
Nothing happens with F6/F7 or any key really...
On a full new install, put latest Monkey first are they not compatible ?

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for report. I've tested single interview only, and that's result.

Thank you, this works perfect in "career" mode with Monkey v1.8.8.

Don't work for me, in interview I can't interact with model, "F" offers dialog option but I cannot validate them they just stay on/green
Nothing happens with F6/F7 or any key really...
On a full new install, put latest Monkey first are they not compatible ?
Did you by any chance go from a interview back out to the main menu and then back to a new interview without quitting the game? Or load a old save? Both can, and most likely will bug out the game with what you describe.

I unpacked a fresh v0.95a, launched it unmodded, did an interview then quit the game. Then installed Monkey v1.8.8 first, then BEU32SMA95, started a new game. Works perfectly.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
The changelog from Discord attached below.

There appears to be some new autorating issues introduced in 9.6. Sluttified girls will now autorate low even when willing to do everything. A bug was submitted to the dev.

I will wait until I know more before pushing a patch. It will use a different method to set the cloth asset list, which should no longer require a patch each time the game modifies clothing.

-T-

--
SMA 0.9.6

Changes
- Pants, skirts, and shorts can be interacted with.

Fixes
- Corrected the Normals for most items of clothing.
- When dispatching to other agencies, there was an error.
- Even when the models are bribed, some interactions make them upset.

Known issues
- The stockings and swimwear have grid-like shapes.
- Skirt skinning requires some tweaking
- Models will not remove their accessories

Pchit

Jan 24, 2018
If someone could share a link to this unexpected new version (0.9.6a), that would be nice, thanks

Last edited:

ninetyfiveme

Oct 29, 2019
Does work with the latest game update. Tested together with latest monkey. Dialogues and sex is working just fine.

Question: I can't find anything like an autorating feature in BE... is this referring to the original games autorating or did I miss something?

Jan 7, 2022
Did anyone else's antivirus remove half the files from the Managed folder with 0.9.6a? I posted to the Patreon page and nobody reacted or commented.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
We've been fighting with false positive when collaborating on assets and code - depending on where you live, and likely which intern at Microsoft/AV company pushed out the macro definition, things get randomly quarantined.

This costed us many hours of trouble shooting and we have to often change workflows. The latest hick was a few minutes ago with a simple blender clothing file flagged as a virus.

Which A/V are you using and if you are ok, pm me your continent. Usually europe starts breaking before asia, then before america.

Reactions: Doobiedoobiedoooo
4.10 star(s) 153 Votes