4.10 star(s) 154 Votes

mikewillmadeit

Apr 15, 2021
That was over a month ago and TBH it doesnt take long to provide details.

Just stringing everyone along again to an abandoned project (which he has admitted to) and then trying to pick it up again.

Hope he is doing what he is saying, but its a bit unlikely to be anytime soon given that he hasnt said anything about what the update will contain (at all) and when it will likely be. Again all very vague.

I genuinely hope this is not a bug fix update and just brings the proper game forward, getting away with all mods.

The dev is probably the best out there so I do hope we are not let down.
I honestly believe He is working on something, But has no plans of release anytime this year. Everyone needs to stop paying him every month and when he's ready to start putting out content we all resubscribe. As of right now, its been almost a year since any major update or public announcement to release something. He is stringing everyone along in hopes to pull in as much income off the project and hopes of potential release as he can. STOP PAYING HIM, WAIT TILL HE RELEASES SOMETHING AGAIN THEN RESUBSCRIBE. He is playing all of you.

At this rate we are better off as a community recreating/ Modding the game ourselves as a collective and modifying the game to what we see fit. I understand game development is hard, But not 10 months with no reasonable excuse hard.

HMU if anyone is interested in working together to make a better version of what he's using as free monthly income.

Reactions: romeo1512 and kene

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Can we install BIE 6.X version of BepInEx?
You can install it but it will not work and cause problems as both versions are incompatible.

Monkey uses bep 5.4.x LTS and I have no plans to upgrade it at this time. 5.4x has proven to be rock solid and secure.

I do not know the status of the 6.x branch - I still see only one version (6-pre-1) released in 2022. 5.4.x is still being maintained and patched last may. The readme for 6.x still says: "If you use BepInEx 5: Stay on BepInEx 5! The current pre-release does not support loading BepInEx 5 plugins, and there are many issues.".

-T-

Reactions: Tomoushie
4.10 star(s) 154 Votes