VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something In The Water [v0.1c] [The Nerd Xxx]

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I like MC's looks. Other than that, not much to really comment on, lots of mundane scenes but that is to be expected from a sandboxy game. Hopefully, there'll be some interesting people to meet outside of her family in future versions.

maga1991

Dec 24, 2017
And so with tired eyes, I can now announce the new file size is:

485mb - I feel bad asking an uploader to upload 0.1b less than 3 hours after 0.1a was uploaded :oops:

But I shall!! :angel:

Reading through the comments I'll address a few things:

The darkness of some scenes. I know about this, and the scenes will be re-rendered. These were rendered prior to my learning to light scenes nicely, I'm now much better with iray lighting. :extremelyhappy: I didn't want to delay release any longer...

The clothing changing will stay, I quite like it. The only place where there will be lots of scenes requiring multiple renders are in the family home, and the method I have doesn't take long in reality. Not with Batch rendering :)

Lesbian Action... Likely. I'll expand the tags, as the content is added

Time skipping function is something I shall think about, maybe just a "wait" and you get to specify minutes.

--

I'm just going to have a play through myself, and make sure I've not broken anything :coldsweat:

And then upload time

hope that there will be a lot of mother/daughter incest, and possibillity to force (using some brother stimulators) mother or blackmail her using maybe pics of her activities//// Thats a great game

TheNerdXXX

Something in the Water
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah, I had it pointed out to me over on Patreon. I've fixed it now.

Going to do another polish when it's my days off work. Add the options menu back into the main title, fix the above bug and see what else I can come up with... Without breaking anything this time :coldsweat:

I may try and brighten up some of those darker scenes as well, A few rerenders won't hurt.

May 24, 2018
Hi, why not use jpg instead and reduce each image before coding it in RenPy? Use Photoshop or Gimp to do this. Trust me it compresses really well without loosing much if any image quality.

Thank You for the Upload N7! :)

And yes, The size is big. It's a side effect of the multiple outfits for each scene and character at 1080p resolutions, plus PNG files for transparency.

jesus___

Jun 1, 2018
after going on brother computer and then going to set up a password I got this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While loading <'Image' u'/Story/storyline_content/innoculation_scenes/Sandy&Brother_Conversation/Innoc3_Sandy_Casual.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Story/storyline_content/innoculation_scenes/Sandy&Brother_Conversation/Innoc3_Sandy_Casual.png'.
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 2196, in script
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 495, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 331, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1260, in render
    return renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\you mad\Desktop\Something_in_the_water-0.1b-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Story/storyline_content/innoculation_scenes/Sandy&Brother_Conversation/Innoc3_Sandy_Casual.png'.
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196

Fri Jun 22 04:46:40 2018

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@TheNerdXXX I will check out the game when I get home from work, but the way you handle criticism and feedback tells me good things. Making games isn't easy and sandbox style is really hard to code in Ren'py. Congrats!

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
Decent start. Has a couple bugs with some dialogues though.
I highly recommend adding different sleep positions images to make it more interesting to creep on- ehem. Check on your family*
;)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Instead of opening the NPCs.rpy file and editing it you could just extract the game files and then throw all of the .JPG files into paint-net and convert them from JPG to PNG but if they really want to reduce the size they can use Xnconvert and convert all the image files to WEBP instead.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sandbox in Ren'py? Isn't that more of a Unity thing?

I like the premise btw.
Hope some M/D get put in at some point.

Avamys

Aug 10, 2017
I like the artwork and the premise but the game itself has almost nothing to do. I'm looking forward to see where this goes.

TheNerdXXX

Something in the Water
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2017
Just to let you guys know 0.1c is incoming, It's just a quality of life update. So no more game play added yet, apart from being able to see the dialogue finish with your brother!!

There's been a slight UI change, added back the preferences to the main menu, Fixed the bug with falling asleep while watching TV(Black Screen) and then I've fixed the missing images with the inoculation chat with your brother. :)

So now on wards to 0.2a with renewed vigor!! :D

Mark17

May 15, 2017
about title of this game:

I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that TURN THE FREAKIN' FROGS GAY! Do you understand that? I'm sick of being social engineered, it's not funny!

TheNerdXXX

Something in the Water
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2017
about title of this game:

I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that TURN THE FREAKIN' FROGS GAY! Do you understand that? I'm sick of being social engineered, it's not funny!
haha, I've seen this mentioned a few times now in this thread and so had to google it. Wow... A gay bomb! hahaha