VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
The quality of the renders are stunning and really enjoyable aspect, but unfortunately the story and dialogue isn't quite living up to it yet.

I hope that it will improve because it would be a real shame for all of the good work going on here. :coffee:

Velvetmonkey

Jul 26, 2018
I hope i don't sound super harsh (if you read this dev) but the personalities of your characters are in dire need of improvement imo .Their way of acting seems unnatural (maybe spend some time reading romance/erotic novels or take some notes from the most popular games on here, DrPinkCake for example makes amazing stuff) . The choices that the player makes have no impact as of now as far as i can tell which is a shame . The models which are used are definitely eye candy and the visuals overall are pretty neat though ! best of luck in the future

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
Here is my unofficial android port of Something Special [v0.0.6]

• Added Quick Menu
  • Added Hide Button
  • Added Transparent Textbox
  • Incest patch
Thanks to Abhai (for compressed version) and Xyze (for incest patch)
I have updated android port to V0.0.6

Reactions: Faptime

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
New incest patch on new start:

File "game/incest.rpyc", line 13, in script
iw��&h�0c*:t���'�N,M�.�K��j�$�Sz��
File "game/incest.rpyc", line 13, in script
iw��&h�0c*:t���'�N,M�.�K��j�$�Sz��

Full error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'patch/images/modbg.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'patch/images/modbg.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/incest.rpyc", line 11, in script
    ��F�;n�����&O�:m���v�9�k��s���t����K��3Yo`P�Ņ�P����a"�+$��xdlx{��
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "F:\Game Downloads\Something Special\SS-0.0.6-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'patch/images/modbg.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Something Special 0.0.6
Wed Jan 22 19:22:42 2020

glad its not just me. and from what I see in the recent feed, neither of us is missing out ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
As others have said, the writing makes Tina look like a creepy sexual predator for whom "no" means "yes". The choices regarding her do almost nothing.
Well maybe she is a creepy sexual predator instead of a liberated woman, women can be sexual predators as well after all. :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yuri L

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
No idea why people don't like Tina while I'm here getting annoyed at this retarded mc. She's just horny so why is he acting like the mc in one of those shitty anime that's scared of women.
I'm sure there's a word for it. :ROFLMAO:

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
No idea why people don't like Tina while I'm here getting annoyed at this retarded mc. She's just horny so why is he acting like the mc in one of those shitty anime that's scared of women.
I'm sure there's a word for it. :ROFLMAO:
Think of how it would be in a real life setting if a man acted the same way towards a woman. It isn't just a case of being horny, but aggressive and not caring about the opinion/feelings of their target.
And even if you were to write it off as her simply being horny, then it's not necessarily a case of being scared of women, but wanting to take control of the situation (i.e. wanting to be the dominant party rather than submissive).

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
I like the tags but the inability to tell Tina to go fuck herself is a major turnoff. Being forced into sex with a character I am frankly hating isn't cool.

Reactions: fridgehog

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I see no problem with that. Him acting like she has cooties is where the problem is lol
She's poorly written. For instance, no more than 5 minutes after the blowjob scene she's waiting for the MC outside his bedroom because she missed him or something... Until v0.5 I liked her, she seemed funny and wild, but in this last update she became an annoying predator and the MC an even bigger dumbass. I guess the fact that you get an option to avoid her but it leads to same result makes it even worse. For me she is just there for the sex scenes and that made me dislike her. This update was really disappointing in general. Some progression with the "landlady" but not really, a stupid interaction with the psycho aunt and Tina begging to get some cock... Oh yeah, and maybe 30" meaningless content for the cute sisters. I wasn't expecting sex scenes with them, but some actual interaction, like how the day was supposed to go when they made plans.

Nov 22, 2018
mac version?
Something Special [v0.0.6] [WonderGames] (689 mb rar pc source)
101 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality): Mega
95 mb rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality): Mega
done by UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone); transparent textbox mod v2.5.3 (Penfold Mole@f95zone) has been applied

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
rollback not working i got patch ok forget that it by load a lost save then getting error rollback it take you to the start but then it turn off rollback i only need to go to main and restart

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
The game started off well enough, but it quickly turned into bad.

I never understand why there are devs (this is not the first one and won't be the last dev either) that would purposely write unlikeable characters and then force them down to the player's throat. It's like the devs thought process is, "Hmm .. let's write these characters, make them shit, and make them continue appearing in the game over and over and over again."

Tina and Rachel are probably among the worst characters in adult games here.
Meh it in't just like this in games either. Some old shows I watched did the exact same thing with horrible characters. The irony here is that Tina just so happened to be the first character Alex plows.

My complaint with this game is for the updates it has it is just so short in comparison to some other games I played.

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes