VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 123 Votes

Noddy4000

Dec 29, 2019
Quite impressed with this one
The pace is good.
Models are excellent.
Story is interesting and a good page turner.

Will be very interested to see how this one pans out.

Nice one Dev.
Look forward to your next update.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
why do you all assume Aoife's mother would be an enemy? from what we know when MC met her during the interview she was glaring at him, and celebrieteis usually don't glare at people where it could be recorded... unless she was having the same reaction Lyndie had when meeting MC; she was staring daggers. Her change of behaviour and school influencing happened around the time MC was published, and Aoife's aunt called MC by his name... sure she's powerful and he was famous for a moment, but to connect a face to a name so quickly (and I don't think Aoife told her), could only happen if she had to hear lots of stuff about him. how could that happen? if aoife's mom didn't shut up about MC's book...
the meanest thing she'll probably say is saying that MC is not who he is supposed to be (due to his slump)
Because she bought a whole school to ensure her daughter got all A grades.

Guess who didn't give her daughter an A.

Guess who then got fired

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Because she bought a whole school to ensure her daughter got all A grades.

Guess who didn't give her daughter an A.

Guess who then got fired
Except the dean explains that since the previous teacher who was on sabbatical (Chris) returned early they were letting the MC go. The MC's conversation with Chris after that supports the fact that the MC was fired because she came back early. In addition since the semester isn't over at the school (he was let go before the end of the class) the final grades wouldn't have been submitted. Unless Aoife's mother either has someone feeding her grading information throughout the semester or Aoife complained about her current grade there is no way for her to know what the MC had given Aoife as a grade.

Reactions: Glooskabe

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
I liked the story from the beginning, but I gotta say it gets better and better and the last update was the best by far. I will keep an close eye on this in the future. :)

Reactions: MrFriendly

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The MC's conversation with Chris after that supports the fact that the MC was fired because she came back early.
Chances are the dean has a thing for Chris and wanted her back as soon as possible despite the fact she still had a couple of months on her time off.

Not the deans fault though, it's on Chris for coming back early but also on MC for not talking to her. It's less on the MC because Chris knew before she left he was pissed at her and should have known so her coming back early fucked things up for no reason.

Chris is starting to grow on me but she has a habit of picking the wrong moment to do things.

Dec 26, 2017
Who told the dev it's a good idea to put pause after scenes?
I'll second that motion.

I got so tired of it I did a test and replaced all pause with pause(0.1) in script.rpy. Actually there was one "pause," in the dialogue text that I didn't alter.

That 1/10th of a second pause makes a nice break between the scene transition and the next line of dialogue.

bcrr

May 25, 2019
Taking a sabbatical doesn't require that you not be in the city you work in. The school pretty much had to have asked Chris to come back to work unless she specifically requested it. Just cause she came back to her apartment in the city doesn't mean she suddenly has to go back to work if she requested the semester off.

The fact that she doesn't want to be going back to work tells me it wasn't her fault MC was fired. May or may not have been anything to do with Aoife's mom, but if it was just bc Chris came back that's entirely on the Dean, not Chris.

Now, the fact that Chris came back when MC was staying at her place is bad timing, that's on Chris. She's pretty much backing him into a corner to interact with her when he's clearly been avoiding her. That said she did try to give him a heads up, it's a bit awkward when someone is living in your apartment but also ignoring your emails and screening all your calls. Nothing about their situation is easily and cut and dried.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
This story is so confusing. First, I cannot understand why Chris and the mc hate each other so much. At first I thought she was the one that cucked him. Or why he tried to commit suicide when he got cucked. Based on his vernacular, is he a British "black" person? What's with hating the rich while wanting to be one?
Good game so far tho.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This story is so confusing. First, I cannot understand why Chris and the mc hate each other so much.
He proposed to his girlfriend near Christmas but she'd been cheating on him and said yes to the other guy.

MC got drunk and sat on an overpass, phoned Chris to hear her voice but she didn't answer then he jumped to kill himself.

Chris couldn't handle things and distanced herself when he needed her and that distance turned to anger. He blamed her for not being there when he needed her and she turned her back on him in his weakest moment.

Not helped by the fact that when he jumped another girl tried to save him and it looks like he dragged her over with him and she was left in a coma so he also has that guilt which he put on Chris.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Based on his vernacular, is he a British "black" person? What's with hating the rich while wanting to be one?
1st one is developer bleed through, though a Yankee I went to university in the UK and lived there for many years so my vernacular is a horrifying Frankenstein beast of both countries.

2nd one isn't so much a hatred of the rich more a display of shit in LA, I can say from personal experience that most of the rich people there I personally have encountered hate the shit out of each other. Richer than them you're an elitist prick, poorer than them you're lower class garbage.

So basically what I'm saying is those are weird dev quirks, forgive my drawn out answer.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
1st one is developer bleed through, though a Yankee I went to university in the UK and lived there for many years so my vernacular is a horrifying Frankenstein beast of both countries.

2nd one isn't so much a hatred of the rich more a display of shit in LA, I can say from personal experience that most of the rich people there I personally have encountered hate the shit out of each other. Richer than them you're an elitist prick, poorer than them you're lower class garbage.

So basically what I'm saying is those are weird dev quirks, forgive my drawn out answer.
No ideas on the 1st one but the 2nd one that isn't just LA. I encountered it in Norcal too. There's also the "old money" hate for "new money"...

I knew someone so rich that they had a waterfall and river running through their house. They didn't understand why I thought that was crazy...

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
I already posted it on Patreon, but I'm making a concentrated effort to keep at least an occasional update here because I know not everybody has the spare cash to toss towards Tiddy games.

Started work on Ch.4 today, anticipated release period is Sept 21st to Oct 5th depending on everything.

Additionally for those who don't Patreon I still appreciate ya folks! All I ask of you is to keep enjoying and I'll keep making, though if you like it consider leaving a review or grabbing a fan sig (if one pops up) all of those are great ways to support.

Sláinte!
Just played your game, and I have to say the game is one of the underrated gems here. The quality of the "lewd" scenes are a bit lacking though, but I've seen lot devs improve in that area as they continue further updates. So keep up the good work!!

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Just played your game, and I have to say the game is one of the underrated gems here. The quality of the "lewd" scenes are a bit lacking though, but I've seen lot devs improve in that area as they continue further updates. So keep up the good work!!
Appreciate that! I agree with your statement and I'm definitely trying to up my game sex scene wise every update, I'm honestly hoping to redo them all eventually with proper animation, I just don't quite have that level yet. Thanks for checking it out.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
STWAdev Hey, just finished the latest update and I really enjoy the game, so far. I do appreciate you posting planned kinks, taking a metaphorical bite out of the turd-sandwich, that is surprise ntr is never pleasant. It does worry me to see that sharing is planned though, it is as much of a deal breaker as ntr, for me. So... is that something that will be forced, or will it be optional? If it's forced I'd rather opt out before it happens. Cheers and keep up the great work!

4.50 star(s) 123 Votes