• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 123 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Well if it will help you to be able to speed up the process of cleaning it up I have the fixed file for you if you like. I have gone through it, cleaned up all the extra spaces, grammar, spelling, and transitions. I have already play tested the fixed file and it seems to be just what you are wanting to do.
I appreciate that, I'll definitely look at it. My brain has gotten used to my horrifying Frankenstein code but I really appreciate you taking the time to do that, it was very kind. I'll give it a look tonight while I'm rendering and see what's up.

Reactions: Dracconic Evolution

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
I appreciate that, I'll definitely look at it. My brain has gotten used to my horrifying Frankenstein code but I really appreciate you taking the time to do that, it was very kind. I'll give it a look tonight while I'm rendering and see what's up.
The was only 1 spot I thought that maybe having hard pauses was when Kimmy sent the pics of B to MC, however, I left them out and left them with dissolve rather than pauses.

Reactions: STWAdev

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I found this (fortunately) by chance and played the first chapter - and I really like it so far!

Since the game has no music yet, I made (while playing) a mod/addon for the first chapter.
(If someone would like to, here the download links for the Mod Ch1: (Aug. 30, 2020: removed outdated links)

To the Dev: if you have your own music planned, I will of course stop the Mod again. Please let me know that if possible.

Ingame pics of my Mod:
STWA_TheAuthor_01.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_02.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_03.jpg

Last edited:

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I found this (fortunately) by chance and played the first chapter - and I really like it so far!

Since the game has no music yet, I made (while playing) a mod/addon for the first chapter.
(If someone would like to, here the download links for the Mod Ch1: - )

To the Dev: if you have your own music planned, I will of course stop the Mod again. Please let me know that if possible.

Ingame pics of my Mod:
View attachment 791952 View attachment 791953 View attachment 791954
Glad you're enjoying. I have no plans to add music at the moment so please feel free to continue your work on the mod if you'd like.

STWAdev I am curious if you have had the chance to look at the altered script file and if so what you thought?
I did! I'd already made some fairly extensive changes that kind of threw a wrench into things as far as them matching up, but I appreciate you taking the time to look at that. Hopefully this next update will be a bit cleaner and you and the others who brought this to my attention will have a slightly smoother gaming experience.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Glad you're enjoying. I have no plans to add music at the moment so please feel free to continue your work on the mod if you'd like.
Thanks for the info, I will proceed with my Mod then.
I am also implementing some sound effects / human erotic sounds into my Mod, too (I did this already for chapter 1 now).

Last edited:

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020

I did! I'd already made some fairly extensive changes that kind of threw a wrench into things as far as them matching up, but I appreciate you taking the time to look at that. Hopefully this next update will be a bit cleaner and you and the others who brought this to my attention will have a slightly smoother gaming experience.
Well, I am glad that I was able to help with the code even if it had changed. ;)

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Appreciate that! I agree with your statement and I'm definitely trying to up my game sex scene wise every update, I'm honestly hoping to redo them all eventually with proper animation, I just don't quite have that level yet. Thanks for checking it out.
Just don't make sure not fall into the trap of having sex scenes that are simply a short animation loop and then they're done. The games with the best sex scenes have devs who know how write sexy situations that lead to the sex and then build on that during the act itself, building and fleshing out the scenes is as important (if not more) than how the scene looks. That's how some games manage to have great sex scenes despite being text only.

Of course having engaging characters, with interesting personalities and great chemistry with each others and/or the MC is also an important part of having good sex scenes. That said, I didn't play through all of the current content yet, but I already liked all the characters I've seen so far.

Haise01

Jul 29, 2018
Wait, so not only she has a nice and shy relatable personality, the same model as Melissa from Acting Lessons, but also heterochromia?? This girl is perfect!
Sem título.png

Alastaire

Apr 17, 2017
Came across this one by chance, very glad I did as this is by far one of the best games I have played in a long time. Fantastic characters and absolutely love the story. Can't wait for the next installment.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Finally finished my audio/walkthrough/cheating Mod for the actual game version.
And as already meantioned: I really like the game so far!
Mod main features:
- a "choices helper" function (walkthrough)
- adding music to the game
- a jukebox function to play these music tracks also manually
- adding some sound effects/human erotic sounds to the game
- a status screen
- some cheating functions

most of these functions are (as usual by me) optional and can be turned on/off while playing

STWA_TheAuthor_01.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_02.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_03.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_04.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_05.jpg
More infos and the download links on my Mod page

Reactions: STWAdev

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Avaron1974 Had a few games listed in his her signature.. I'm pretty happy I clicked on a whim and found this one. Well made and enjoyable.. Top notch renders and story.. Played it til 4AM here.. Tomorrow's gonna suck but I'm smiling right now.

Bookmarking and waiting for more.

edit: Apologies for the gender reveal gone wrong above.. corrected

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Maybe I just hate games that frequently use flashbacks to advance the plot while keeping the reader in the dark until convenient, but when the latest flashback occurred I lost all urge to play because it's just too obvious what Melissa's role is.

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Maybe I just hate games that frequently use flashbacks to advance the plot while keeping the reader in the dark until convenient, but when the latest flashback occurred I lost all urge to play because it's just too obvious what Melissa's role is.
Interesting! How did you manage to flash back to a completely different game?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I finally got around to playing this game. Color me impressed! This is some of the best character development I have seen in any game, with a story that kept my interest throughout. If the developer polishes up his/her rendering and coding skills, this could easily become one of the best games available. It is already one that I will be sure to follow, just to see how it plays out.

The only problem I have is that I am unable to pick just one of these lovely (and very unique and sympathetic) ladies, and it's not a harem game! :cry: Oh well, it looks like I'll have to generate multiple routes sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Glooskabe

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
The only problem I have is that I am unable to pick just one of these lovely (and very unique and sympathetic) ladies, and it's not a harem game! :cry: Oh well, it looks like I'll have to generate multiple routes sooner rather than later.
Aoife & Lynndie are life! :love:

Welcome aboard! Looking for something to keep your interest when Haley wraps up?

Reactions: Walter Victor
4.50 star(s) 123 Votes