VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
STWAdev Hey, just finished the latest update and I really enjoy the game, so far. I do appreciate you posting planned kinks, taking a metaphorical bite out of the turd-sandwich, that is surprise ntr is never pleasant. It does worry me to see that sharing is planned though, it is as much of a deal breaker as ntr, for me. So... is that something that will be forced, or will it be optional? If it's forced I'd rather opt out before it happens. Cheers and keep up the great work!
Thanks for the kind words. For clarification I basically put the same kink twice under different names, the only "Sharing" that is planned is between two women that you're also in a relationship with, which is an optional path. I realized later that I put both sharing and Polyamory in the list for the same thing. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for the kind words. For clarification I basically put the same kink twice under different names, the only "Sharing" that is planned is between two women that you're also in a relationship with, which is an optional path. I realized later that I put both sharing and Polyamory in the list for the same thing. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.
Good to hear, and thanks for the swift response!

Reactions: STWAdev

royale24

Sep 6, 2018
The forced "transitions" between scenes are super annoying. Either use real transitions that we can turn off in the settings or don't make us click twice every time a character's mouth opens or closes.

Reactions: monksims

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I'm using the walkthrough mod, just to get that out of the way, but on the screen where you are going to go to sleep and have the option of choosing between..... well, a LOT of the ladies, when I try to save at that point I get this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do see that an Automatic save was made at that screen, but maybe that was just luck of the draw. And I cannot save by scrolling back several screens, either, I get same error.

Is this a known issue? And I did search the words "pickle" and "picklingerror" but no match so I think this hasn't come up earlier in the thread.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I'm using the walkthrough mod, just to get that out of the way, but on the screen where you are going to go to sleep and have the option of choosing between..... well, a LOT of the ladied, when I try to save at that point I get this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not particularly good at figuring these out, but I don't recall any problems on that screen. There's a good chance it's due to the mod... Have you tried uninstalling the mod to see if it still happens on a clean install?

Reactions: TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I'm not particularly good at figuring these out, but I don't recall any problems on that screen. There's a good chance it's due to the mod... Have you tried uninstalling the mod to see if it still happens on a clean install?
OK, once again RenPy baffles me. After quitting the game entirely and reloading a very slightly earlier save, I can now save on that screen (and subsequent screens) without error. Beats the hell out of me, but it's all working fine now.

Reactions: Glooskabe

scratchjay

Dec 9, 2019
OK, once again RenPy baffles me. After quitting the game entirely and reloading a very slightly earlier save, I can now save on that screen (and subsequent screens) without error. Beats the hell out of me, but it's all working fine now.
Running the game in Admin will usually power through that problem as well. The mod gave me fits on that part, closed game, ran in admin, reloaded with no problem. Assuming it was more from using Unren for console (I do this by default for all Ren'py games), then an improper coding issue. A second play through on a fresh install, using old saves (minus mod) and Unren console, gave me the same issue, but then again, with admin, solid playthrough.

Stumped, but at least I already knew the outcome and the fix.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I'm still in the first episode but the excessive clicking after every changing picture to see the first line is making the game rather boring to play. I bet there must be a way to advance time automatically to the first line because most Renpy games don't stop advancing after loading a new picture.
(Auto-forward time in the settings is set to max aka infinite so the story doesn't go forward if I have to be afk for any reason.)

PS. I bet your patrons will appreciate if their clickcount goes down. :)

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
Really liking this game. Sharing seems great. I'm usually big on incest but it's nice when I don't have to download a patch for one of my favorite games every time out

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I'm still in the first episode but the excessive clicking after every changing picture to see the first line is making the game rather boring to play. I bet there must be a way to advance time automatically to the first line because most Renpy games don't stop advancing after loading a new picture.
(Auto-forward time in the settings is set to max aka infinite so the story doesn't go forward if I have to be afk for any reason.)

PS. I bet your patrons will appreciate if their clickcount goes down. :)
I've seen a few mentions of this before, it's a remnant of my script kiddy beginnings, I'm working on cleaning it up so it should be gone by my next release.

gamer2012boy

Jul 26, 2017
Wait a minute... Is the rightmost girl on the cover, the same actress from "Acting Lessons"!! :unsure: If so then well.. I'm a fan! ;)

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I've seen a few mentions of this before, it's a remnant of my script kiddy beginnings, I'm working on cleaning it up so it should be gone by my next release.
I moved from clicking to hitting enter or spacebar because the story overruled the boringness I was complaining in my earlier comment. I just finished chapter 3. This is a beautiful creation in making! Also, renders are pretty good and I like character models.

But... Yes, there is a but. Color choices for some tags make names difficult to read on the dark gray background. Especially Beatrix's dark gray is almost the background color and Lyndie's dark purple is hard to see when the render behind the textbox has similar colors such as bright red or similar to purple. I'd choose brighter colors for tags because the textbox is middle gray at its lightest.

Otherwise, great job!

Reactions: royale24

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
But... Yes, there is a but. Color choices for some tags make names difficult to read on the dark gray background. Especially Beatrix's dark gray is almost the background color and Lyndie's dark purple is hard to see when the render behind the textbox has similar colors such as bright red or similar to purple. I'd choose brighter colors for tags because the textbox is middle gray at its lightest.

Otherwise, great job!
I'm still fine tuning some colors before next release, thanks for letting me know some of those that might be harder to see. Thank you as well for the kind words I'm glad you ended up enjoying!

MattC94PL

Dec 11, 2018
After playing it in one sitting up to the latest update, I am set on a target. Love all the ladies (the models are great and their personalities shine) but Lyndie is the ultimate waifu material here. Especially in her solo choice at the end (nya~)

Reactions: edgedy

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Is there any sound in this game yet or is it play your own music to drown out the silence?

Edit: Also line 462 of script file "mc" Can explain to me what the hell is going on here?"" should say "mc" Can you explain to me what the hell is going on here?""

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Is there any sound in this game yet or is it play your own music to drown out the silence?

Edit: Also line 462 of script file "mc" Can explain to me what the hell is going on here?"" should say "mc" Can you explain to me what the hell is going on here?""
The game doesn't have sound at all. I understand that some people feel it is necessary but there are better ways of asking about it.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
I'm still fine tuning some colors before next release, thanks for letting me know some of those that might be harder to see. Thank you as well for the kind words I'm glad you ended up enjoying!
Well if it will help you to be able to speed up the process of cleaning it up I have the fixed file for you if you like. I have gone through it, cleaned up all the extra spaces, grammar, spelling, and transitions. I have already play tested the fixed file and it seems to be just what you are wanting to do.

Reactions: IAmAB
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes