VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 123 Votes

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Too bad I played this game after I played The Unbroken, feels like a downgrade almost in all departments. It's understandable tho due to lack of experience.
The story is so-so IMO, some parts of it are good, like the story with Chris(and maybe Kim), while others are very off-putting, especially the stupid contest between Lyndie, Aoife and Beatrix and the pseudo harem stuff.
And after inserting serious elements like depression, suicide, mental issues, Etc. all the endings are 10/10 happy for everybody? Even for the poor blind girl? Meh...
Still story wise, it's better them lots of games in this genre.
Still, The Unbroken is way way better.

Reactions: qaywsx

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Too bad I played this game after I played The Unbroken, feels like a downgrade almost in all departments. It's understandable tho due to lack of experience.
The story is so-so IMO, some parts of it are good, like the story with Chris(and maybe Kim), while others are very off-putting, especially the stupid contest between Lyndie, Aoife and Beatrix and the pseudo harem stuff.
And after inserting serious elements like depression, suicide, mental issues, Etc. all the endings are 10/10 happy for everybody? Even for the poor blind girl? Meh...
Still story wise, it's better them lots of games in this genre.
Still, The Unbroken is way way better.
That's why (most of the time), if you're going to play someone's new content, you should always play their old content first, or just leave it. People usually improve at something they work on, so the odds of an older work being as good or better than their latest creation is not the best.

Still, The Author is a cut above most of the content on F95, IMHO.

Reactions: Jumbi

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
That's why (most of the time), if you're going to play someone's new content, you should always play their old content first, or just leave it. People usually improve at something they work on, so the odds of an older work being as good or better than their latest creation is not the best.

Still, The Author is a cut above most of the content on F95, IMHO.
Yeah, you're right about that, but I liked the second game a lot and I was very curious about this one too, could not help myself :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I downloaded the game and the audio, walkthrough and cheating mod and I keep getting an error screen
You're going to have to give a bit more information than that.

Without any information though, I have this advice (same advice for all Renpy mods): make sure you have an unmodded version of the game ready to go, then JUST copy the mod files into the game folder and replace any that it asks you to. Don't mix mods unless they say they work together.

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
You're going to have to give a bit more information than that.

Without any information though, I have this advice (same advice for all Renpy mods): make sure you have an unmodded version of the game ready to go, then JUST copy the mod files into the game folder and replace any that it asks you to. Don't mix mods unless they say they work together.
I am using my computer to do it all. I downloaded the game unmodded and ran it and it worked just fine. No problems with it. I downloaded the mod and copied what the instructions told me to and put it in the game folder. I replaced everything that it asked me to and when I go to start the game the error screen pops up

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I am using my computer to do it all. I downloaded the game unmodded and ran it and it worked just fine. No problems with it. I downloaded the mod and copied what the instructions told me to and put it in the game folder. I replaced everything that it asked me to and when I go to start the game the error screen pops up
Then you should probably copy the error screen and go make a post in KoGa's thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/stwa-the-author-audio-walkthrough-cheating-mod-ch7-1b-koga3.60496/

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Game logic falls apart if you do what I do and deliberately focus on just one of the girls

Other than that, the writing is really strong for an AVN

Madara4057

Mar 26, 2023
Game logic falls apart if you do what I do and deliberately focus on just one of the girls

Other than that, the writing is really strong for an AVN
Out of curiosity, what do you mean? I just now started playing, and planned on going for one girl but after reading this I feel like I should just follow the cheat and go for them all. Until eventually I had to pick one I assume.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Out of curiosity, what do you mean? I just now started playing, and planned on going for one girl but after reading this I feel like I should just follow the cheat and go for them all. Until eventually I had to pick one I assume.
What he probably means is that the story - or more the individual elements, since there is no real overarching main story of any consequence - makes less sense when you do not "play around" a bit before settling down. In the end you will have to settle for one girl anyway. Well, there are two multi-girl endings, but no real harem as such. There should be no reason not to try to only go for one (needs to be Lyndie of course (Waiting for the Aoife Defence Squad (ADS) here)). The game can handle it, "game logic" doesn't mean bugs or similar here.

Madara4057

Mar 26, 2023
What he probably means is that the story - or more the individual elements, since there is no real overarching main story of any consequence - makes less sense when you do not "play around" a bit before settling down. In the end you will have to settle for one girl anyway. Well, there are two multi-girl endings, but no real harem as such. There should be no reason not to try to only go for one (needs to be Lyndie of course (Waiting for the Aoife Defence Squad (ADS) here)). The game can handle it, "game logic" doesn't mean bugs or similar here.
Yea, just finished it. Definitely didn't make sense to me. You can get pretty much every scene/ending no matter the choice you makes. And I agree on the relationship choice as well. She's definitely the best.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Towards the end of the game, certain characters imply or straight up say that the MC is creating "drama" and the assistant is like "you are playing with their feelings so you must choose between basically Aoife and her friend"

I has deliberately done precisely none of that and actively avoided any situations with the three friends whenever possible

Doesn't matter.

4.50 star(s) 123 Votes