VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Turns out you can do that dev thing, now do it some more, 2 more times.

Then do it more after that.

You shall never know peace until you have developed a game where MrFriendly likes every single girl.

May take you some time. No cheating and only adding 1 girl either.
Impossible... Though Where The Heart Is and Intertwined are closest to that goal...

Yeah......I don't think humanity has that kind of time left on planet earth.......
LOL, I agree.

I'm throwing my best girl forward in the next game, she's my secret redheaded weapon and if he doesn't fall for her I think I'll have to concede he's more picky than even my stubborn streak.
So a goth redhead named Jenny? We shall see... If she has anything to do with the mafiosa's family then it is a pass...

Aoife with red hair???????? *crosses fingers!
Dare I say it..? Better.
So Lyndie with her natural hair color then?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm with you on Intertwined. I probably have a few games that'll make my list but I'd need visual cues or another playthrough to refresh my memory. Lol
At this point I only play 4 games... It's difficult when I am spoiled by people like Stwadev, Nyx, Drifty, or the crew that works with Cheeky. Consistently great writing accompanied by great renders and an update schedule that they usually adhere to... With great communication and interaction with the community... I've tried a lot of games but I've not found any others that fit...

Reactions: gr33nappleboy

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
At this point I only play 4 games... It's difficult when I am spoiled by people like Stwadev, Nyx, Drifty, or the crew that works with Cheeky. Consistently great writing accompanied by great renders and an update schedule that they usually adhere to... With great communication and interaction with the community... I've tried a lot of games but I've not found any others that fit...
Since I have no life, I tend to play a whole bevy of games. I check the Updates tab everyday. If it's Ren'Py, renders look good on the thumbnail, and have a 3.5+ star rating, I give it a shot and keep a catalog of every game's last update.

This game definitely is higher up on my list though for the reasons you listed. Not many can maintain a strong balance of solid renders, a solid script, and a good plot

Reactions: MrFriendly

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Impossible... Though Where The Heart Is and Intertwined are closest to that goal...
Dare I ask which of the WTHI do not meet your high standards? I'm curious if we've any overlap.

So Lyndie with her natural hair color then?
I think Lyndie is adorable, minus the eyebrows. I've never been a fan of the drawn-in squarish look that's become popular in recent years. As much as I didn't care for Aoife visually (she's just not my cuppa), she at least had nice natural-looking brows.

What? I'm not (that much of) a weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: thorin0815

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Dare I ask which of the WTHI do not meet your high standards? I'm curious if we've any overlap.
Bella, Elaine, Jo, Jenna, Wanda, Theresa, and Mabel. Mostly because of personalities though. Bella I've never found attractive (physically and emotionally - too needy) and Jenna was more my type before the fake tan (pale, short, large tits is a bullseye though too insecure). Since the identity of the third gold digger isn't known yet (as far as I know - I haven't played the latest update since I am uninterested in a foursome at the beach house) I don't trust Bella, Jo, or Theresa (or Zarah for that matter). Elaine was a bitch to the MC for years and now she suddenly is nice which is just BS (though she is physically attractive). Theresa is psycho, Wanda has a toxic personality, and Mabel is close to the same (too rude to Monica).

I think Lyndie is adorable, minus the eyebrows. I've never been a fan of the drawn-in squarish look that's become popular in recent years. As much as I didn't care for Aoife visually (she's just not my cuppa), she at least had nice natural-looking brows.

What? I'm not (that much of) a weirdo.
Honestly I didn't even notice her eyebrows, at least not in anyway that would make me uninterested. Aoife has too much "having to be in public" baggage and a Mafia/crime family... I'd rather my MC end up with Kimmy than with Aoife because I have a severe aversion to people in the limelight, the ridiculously rich, the privileged, and the mob (and I know that she has "nothing to do with it" but that doesn't mean I want to be anywhere near it. As of right now my list of the ladies goes like this:

Lyndie
Dru
Chris
Beatrix
Kimmy
Aoife
The dumpster fire that was 2020
Trixie
Aoife's aunt
Aoife's mom

And, yeah, I am a picky weirdo...

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Posted this on my discord, but figured I'd toss it here as well. I was chatting with some folk about an alternate reality where Aoife is raised by her aunt instead of her mom. I like it.

And Friendly, don't focus on what horrible things she may or may not have done in this reality, focus only on how hot she is...in this case you absolutely need to stick your dick in crazy.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I'm thinking 10 chapters for the next one, and those will be larger chapters as well. I started with the shortest of the three stories I'd written, partially because I wrote it first, but also because I knew I could finish it. When I started, I of course had no idea if I would be able to even do this whole dev thing, the goal was that even if I never got a single patron I was going to finish the first game for me. The next game will be a bit more long form and larger.
Ah... I liked that this game was 1-year project but you know best.
Also, you have already written 3 stories? Or they're barebones and you fill in the meat?

If this remains of my liking I will become a patron later. I rotate between developers as I don't have much money to spare. However, I have to say your work so far is very good.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Posted this on my discord, but figured I'd toss it here as well. I was chatting with some folk about an alternate reality where Aoife is raised by her aunt instead of her mom. I like it.

And Friendly, don't focus on what horrible things she may or may not have done in this reality, focus only on how hot she is...in this case you absolutely need to stick your dick in crazy.

Nope, not happening... I have too many scars from talking down crazy chicks IRL to now, at my age, want anything to do with any real or virtual dick insertion/crazy chick "walking" venn diagram.

I prefer the quiet life with Lyndie, writing bestselling fiction cuddling in sweaters while drinking hot beverages (totally just saw a tea ad) and eschewing the limelight over the crazy obsessed perfectionist who pushes herself to her limits constantly so that she can be a dancer/singer/actress (whatever she is trying to be)... The latter doesn't seem like someone who actually has time for a relationship. that is more than just casual fucking...

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Ah... I liked that this game was 1-year project but you know best.
Also, you have already written 3 stories? Or they're barebones and you fill in the meat?

If this remains of my liking I will become a patron later. I rotate between developers as I don't have much money to spare. However, I have to say your work so far is very good.
The next one will probably only be a year and a half. I'm hoping that the increase in hardware will allow me to maintain a similar update window, but I'm aiming for double the chapter lengths not full DPC length, but within the scope.

And both this game and the next are completely written, the third is about halfway done. I of course change things as I put it into the code, but usually not much.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I prefer the quiet life with Lyndie, writing bestselling fiction cuddling in sweaters while drinking hot beverages
Did you... find my script? Get out of my hard drive.

crazy obsessed perfectionist who pushes herself to her limits constantly so that she can be a dancer/singer/actress (whatever she is trying to be)... The latter doesn't seem like someone who actually has time for a relationship
And that's a totally valid position. I'm very excited to see how you feel when you see some of the epilogues.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I'm aiming for double the chapter lengths not full DPC length, but within the scope.
What do you mean "full DPC length"?

I'm very excited to see how you feel when you see some of the epilogues.
From those posts (and mainly the one where you said you would have completed the first game for yourself anyway), I get the feeling that you write the games because you want to write the games/stories, not for an extra income.
Making games as a hobby sounds encouraging to me. I like developers that have a clear vision of the story and where it will go and if people do that because they like it, they keep at it.

And I really like developers that finish their games. We have games in the site, good games, that run for too long without a resolution. As I said before, I prefer games that end within a timeframe of 1-2 years (with regular updates).

Reactions: MV_1999

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

I absolutely would stick MrFriendly's dick in that crazy .... what, I don't have one of my own!!!!

To be honest, if Meabh is ever an option she's going to be top choice.

Failing that it will be one of the cousins.

If Meabh isn't an option then consider, maybe, writing a short story about how she turns complete dyke with a gorgeous tiny red head girl and they live happily ever after having crazy sex and drinking Tia Maria and coke.

I'm totally not asking you to write my fanfic for me ..... honest.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I absolutely would stick MrFriendly's dick in that crazy .... what, I don't have one of my own!!!!

If Meabh isn't an option then consider, maybe, writing a short story about how she turns complete dyke with a gorgeous tiny red head girl and they live happily ever after having crazy sex and drinking Tia Maria and coke.

Sorry but it’s not detachable. I didn’t get that upgrade as it was too expensive...

You go ahead and run away with the mafiosa... Hope you live happily ever after and there’s no St Valentines day massacres in the future.... Or not “that” type of massacre anyway...

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
What do you mean "full DPC length"?
I mean I consider him the standard for good big updates. I don't think I can manage 4000 renders in three months, so I'm aiming for 2500 in two and I'll consider it a solid update.

the feeling that you write the games because you want to write the games/stories, not for an extra income.
Making games as a hobby sounds encouraging to me. I like developers that have a clear vision of the story and where it will go and if people do that because they like it, they keep at it.

And I really like developers that finish their games. We have games in the site, good games, that run for too long without a resolution. As I said before, I prefer games that end within a timeframe of 1-2 years (with regular updates).
I'm not going to lie and pretend that I wouldn't like to be making big dev money, but I think that comes with an agreement. If people are paying me I think I have an obligation to do the best I can to put things out frequently with quality. Obviously devs are people and we can't work like clockwork, and we'll miss dates, but I always try my best to be communicative with my patrons and fans when possible. Peoples patronage is very valuable to me, I can't be perfect but I try every damn day to give the people who pay me my best effort.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018

I'm sorry Ava but I picked Meabh first so you can't have her. Though since you obviously have good taste maybe we can negotiate something.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm sorry Ava but I picked Meabh first so you can't have her. Though since you obviously have good taste maybe we can negotiate something.
How about, I have her on any day ending in the letter Y and you have her the rest?

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes