VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Love this game. One of the best I have played in here for sure. I have already got six or seven different endings and I know there are at least nine endings.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is an ending with Kim but it isn't your typical one, she doesn't fall head over heels with him at the start of it.

The ending really fits her character and what she's been through but it's a bit different than the others.

Reactions: haooni and Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
No, I just cannot get the ending with Kim. I already got the eight other endings, but hers is just impossible to get for me for some reason. Do you guys know what are the requirements to get her ending?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No, I just cannot get the ending with Kim. I already got the eight other endings, but hers is just impossible to get for me for some reason. Do you guys know what are the requirements to get her ending?
You need to turn her down for sex.

Apart from the first blowjob most of her sex scenes go against her points. Because she's off her medication and having an episode she takes it that you are more interested in sex than her.

Reactions: Jumbi and haooni

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
if you still fail feel free to use iamb's wt-mod.

Reactions: Jumbi

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
While I am really loving this VN (and the fact that it's actually completed is a HUGE plus) I am finding parts of it a tad confusing. Like this for example:

the MC says "I should go to sleep but it would be nice to have someone to say goodnight'' and then you are presented with a whole list of choices to see a scene from one of all of the available love interests, but I have no idea if it's an actual scene or just the MC day dreaming, because this doesn't lead to any plus points for any of the girls regardless of who you choose, and it's never mentioned after any of the scenes and it jumps rather abruptly on to the next chapter after the scenes (leading me to believe the MC must have been daydreaming all of these scenes, but I am still uncertain and it's bothering me now) The dialogue during these scenes also seems off which just further makes me think it's the MC's imagination.

Leaving a snap of the scene I am talking about, maybe someone can clear it up for me.

Reactions: m0us3r

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
While I am really loving this VN (and the fact that it's actually completed is a HUGE plus) I am finding parts of it a tad confusing. Like this for example:

the MC says "I should go to sleep but it would be nice to have someone to say goodnight'' and then you are presented with a whole list of choices to see a scene from one of all of the available love interests, but I have no idea if it's an actual scene or just the MC day dreaming, because this doesn't lead to any plus points for any of the girls regardless of who you choose, and it's never mentioned after any of the scenes and it jumps rather abruptly on to the next chapter after the scenes (leading me to believe the MC must have been daydreaming all of these scenes, but I am still uncertain and it's bothering me now) The dialogue during these scenes also seems off which just further makes me think it's the MC's imagination.

Leaving a snap of the scene I am talking about, maybe someone can clear it up for me.
There are no dream scenes.

Reactions: Cigzag

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Well that's interesting considering you don't get points for whoever you pick for these scenes and it's never mentioned afterwards and doesn't show ''the morning after''. Thanks for answering my question, though.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Well that's interesting considering you don't get points for whoever you pick for these scenes and it's never mentioned afterwards and doesn't show ''the morning after''. Thanks for answering my question, though.
Not sure what you mean by it never being mentioned. The game definitely branches and changes based on your choice at that junction. But then again, you seem to be playing a "get all the options" mod so maybe for your game that is correct. *shrug*
If you want to see the effect of choices, it's probably a good idea to play a version of the game that doesn't override the effect of choices.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I had the same doubts. The developers should have made it clear.

I agree with you it was totally an imagined scene.

A proof: I chose Aoife and Lyndie together, and later, in actual real scenes, the girls were not so instantly ready for being in a sex action together.

Why are you sure?

Not sure what you mean by it never being mentioned. The game definitely branches and changes based on your choice at that junction. But then again, you seem to be playing a "get all the options" mod so maybe for your game that is correct. *shrug*
If you want to see the effect of choices, it's probably a good idea to play a version of the game that doesn't override the effect of choices.
I played it without mods, and I can confirm that Cigzag was right. You can check it yourself by opening a file game/script.rpy, see line 11451 and further.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why are you sure?
Mainly because you need to have a set amount of points for them to be available plus it happens just after a quite serious scene with him admitting he needs to open up and let people in.

Having a dream scene there after a serious revelation in a game that takes itself very seriously is just weird.

Not to mention the confession Aoife gives him that night happens after he's sleeping so him having a dream of himself being asleep is also weird.

Then there is the fact that all images in the folder are labelled what they are and none of them are down as dream scenes.

Reactions: Jumbi

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Mainly because you need to have a set amount of points for them to be available
It's just a choice of possible partners - which is strangely limited by those points in many other cases too.

Like, if I didn't express enough warmth to a girl, I couldn't do some actions with her at all. I mean, not just her reactions would be cold, I couldn't even try it physically.

plus it happens just after a quite serious scene with him admitting he needs to open up and let people in.
It's totally unrelated. The girls would enter - being more open - not like he comes to them.

Having a dream scene there after a serious revelation in a game that takes itself very seriously is just weird.
Daydreaming scene, I think.

And you choose who would be in those scenes. In a game that takes itself very seriously, those are your actions that depend on your choices, not the girls' actions.

Not to mention the confession Aoife gives him that night happens after he's sleeping so him having a dream of himself being asleep is also weird.
He was daydreaming about that confession. Not weird at all.

If that scene would be real, it would be weird for Aoife to have a sexy lingerie in her purse, and to jump at him with the boobjob.

Then there is the fact that all images in the folder are labelled what they are and none of them are down as dream scenes.
They are labelled with location + person, which matters when you are rendering. Was that dreaming or not is not important for rendering.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
They are labelled with location + person,
No they aren't.

Unless "Deflowering Lyndie" is a location now.

Also none of what you said explains why Kim's is just a phonecall, a phonecall she doesn't answer. Can't have Chris over either.

Look, you do you but personally I find it as weird as fuck theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glooskabe

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
It's just a choice of possible partners - which is strangely limited by those points in many other cases too.

Like, if I didn't express enough warmth to a girl, I couldn't do some actions with her at all. I mean, not just her reactions would be cold, I couldn't even try it physically.

It's totally unrelated. The girls would enter - being more open - not like he comes to them.

Daydreaming scene, I think.

And you choose who would be in those scenes. In a game that takes itself very seriously, those are your actions that depend on your choices, not the girls' actions.

He was daydreaming about that confession. Not weird at all.

If that scene would be real, it would be weird for Aoife to have a sexy lingerie in her purse, and to jump at him with the boobjob.

They are labelled with location + person, which matters when you are rendering. Was that dreaming or not is not important for rendering.
I honestly just think these scenes could have been a bit more clear and handled a bit better. It could just be because I am playing with a mod, but these scenes don't seem to add anything to the story regardless of who you pick. Like you said, you picked the Aoife and Lyndie option and then later they still acted hesitant to have sex with MC. Why would they do that if they have already had sex with him? Who knows. This is why some clarity is needed with scenes like this. A ''morning after'' scene or something along those lines.

I might try the unmodded version of the game and see if it changes anything.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
This is true. I don't normally use mods but this time I decided ''meh, might as well'' But that could have potentially screwed the paths/outcomes since it allows you to get points for everyone and see every scene. Will try it unmodded and see if it changes.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I had the same doubts. The developers should have made it clear.

I agree with you it was totally an imagined scene.

A proof: I chose Aoife and Lyndie together, and later, in actual real scenes, the girls were not so instantly ready for being in a sex action together.
Why is it then, that if you get the invitation from Lyndie but choose to go to someone else that night, if you're still interested in her later in the story, she will ask why you didn't take her V-card and says she was very hurt by that? How could she be hurt by you not dreaming of her?

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Why is it then, that if you get the invitation from Lyndie but choose to go to someone else that night, if you're still interested in her later in the story, she will ask why you didn't take her V-card and says she was very hurt by that? How could she be hurt by you not dreaming of her?
I think the scene you mention was another scene, later. The (supposedly) daydreaming scene is the one that happens at the end of Chapter 3, after the girls meet Chris and before Aoife trains MC to dance. It's about girls coming suddenly to his new apartment when he is about to sleep. It's not about inviting him etc.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I honestly just think these scenes could have been a bit more clear and handled a bit better. It could just be because I am playing with a mod, but these scenes don't seem to add anything to the story regardless of who you pick. Like you said, you picked the Aoife and Lyndie option and then later they still acted hesitant to have sex with MC. Why would they do that if they have already had sex with him? Who knows. This is why some clarity is needed with scenes like this. A ''morning after'' scene or something along those lines.

I might try the unmodded version of the game and see if it changes anything.
Just to clear it up they aren't dreams. I never have or will use dreams to add sexy time to my games. The reason there isn't a morning after scene is because there's a fairly substantial time skip between the third and fourth chapter. As I'm remastering things I'll look into making those sequences more clear. Appreciate the feedback.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
No they aren't.

Unless "Deflowering Lyndie" is a location now.
OK, not location but the content of the scene anyway. Yes, "dreaming" could be used, but not necessarily.

Also none of what you said explains why Kim's is just a phonecall, a phonecall she doesn't answer. Can't have Chris over either.
Chris (very suddenly) said exactly what he wanted to hear. That again was not connected with their talks later.

It's natural if he wanted to imagine that, more than he wanted to imagine fucking her.

You have a point about Kim though. My theory can't explain that well, unless it was an exception and an actual phone call. :p

Look, you do you but personally I find it as weird as fuck theory.
You do you. :D
It would be nice if the devs solve this mystery though.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Just to clear it up they aren't dreams. I never have or will use dreams to add sexy time to my games. The reason there isn't a morning after scene is because there's a fairly substantial time skip between the third and fourth chapter. As I'm remastering things I'll look into making those sequences more clear. Appreciate the feedback.
By the way, about remastering. Did anyone point at this?:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes