VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Oh, no, I just meant like does it sorta half-ass as an ending like a lot of anime does.

Just to confirm btw: The game is under 10 hours, right?
I cannot confirm since I do not keep track. My guess is that a single playthrough towards a single ending would clock in in that order of magnitude but could be severely mistaken in either direction. From other discussions I gather that I am a slow reader though.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Oh, no, I just meant like does it sorta half-ass as an ending like a lot of anime does.

Just to confirm btw: The game is under 10 hours, right?
As the others said, it depends on your reading speed but my playthrough, which is normally slower than most, was 7 hours.

Rabbit99

Jul 23, 2020
It took me like 3 days to see all content, but not always playing... This game is quite good. The story is interesting, the dialogue is witty and at times makes you laugh - or at least smile. It does have some errors here and there, but overall great. It quickly jumped to my best list, and it doesn't get higher because it lacks sound and the animation (during sex scenes) isn't as it should be. But I have to congratulate the developer, and I will be following his next adventures on Patreon!

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
It took me like 3 days to see all content, but not always playing... This game is quite good. The story is interesting, the dialogue is witty and at times makes you laugh - or at least smile. It does have some errors here and there, but overall great. It quickly jumped to my best list, and it doesn't get higher because it lacks sound and the animation (during sex scenes) isn't as it should be. But I have to congratulate the developer, and I will be following his next adventures on Patreon!
I believe music is going to be added for the revamp, but not 100% sure. He is redoing the renders and going to be putting it on Steam. Unbroken is very good as well, and really am enjoying it. Plus there is a connection between them with a third one planned after Unbroken is done as well.

Reactions: Rabbit99

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I have a few questions for anyone who can answer:

Who was the woman that showed up in intro chapter 5

And does MC ever talk to Dru to stay? He did overhear her when he woke up, how she was saying she wanted to stay. But after the convo she had with Kimmy, maybe not?

Also, is Dru Japanese? Why would Chris' dad take her in?

And who is Lyndie's mom? When did MC meet her?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
And does MC ever talk to Dru to stay? He did overhear her when he woke up, how she was saying she wanted to stay. But after the convo she had with Kimmy, maybe not?
Depends on you. Dru is one of the love interests but it is not a harem game and there is no harem ending. She has an ending though.

Who was the woman that showed up in intro chapter 5
You'll have to narrow it down.

Both Aoife's aunt and mother show up later. Her aunt will be a mini love interest in the third story but her mother is not a love interest at all. I think Lyndie's sister shows up around then if you've made certain choices.

Also, is Dru Japanese? Why would Chris' dad take her in?
Only Chris is Japanese.

Reactions: Jumbi

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
So the Dru part about not leaving is only part of the Endings? OK

At the beginning of Chapter 5, there is a woman in a car. Only the hands and fingers were visible. She's scratching some surface in the car.

Auntie is a love interest? I haven't encountered that. What do you mean 3rd part? Chapter 3?

I have also not seen Lyndie's sister or mother. Hmm.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
At the beginning of Chapter 5, there is a woman in a car. Only the hands and fingers were visible. She's scratching some surface in the car.
I am a little bit confused, my chapter 5 starts with MC in bed, then Kimberley. No car whatsoever.

Auntie is a love interest? I haven't encountered that. What do you mean 3rd part? Chapter 3?
Dev is planning a trilogy. The Author was the first part, The Unbroken is the second right now, it's a different game though, a 3rd has been announced.

Lyndie's sister will only appear under certain conditions, especially if you do not go along too well with the others. Her mother I think isn't in the game IIRC.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
3rd story.

Dev is doing a trilogy, this is the first, Unbroken in the second and a third will be based around the Irish mod which Aoife's aunty and cousins are part of.

Lyndie's mother isn't in the game and Hannah only appears if you go for a very specific ending.

So the Dru part about not leaving is only part of the Endings? OK
Nobody stays at the end apart from whoever you have an ending with. Everyone goes their separate way. You only get Dru to stck around on her ending. Like with Chris, she moves back to Japan at the end.

Unless you are on a girls ending the rest of them leave like I said, no harem. There is a throuple with Lyndie and Aoife and very hidden ending with B, Aoife and Lyndie but everyone else moves away.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
That is why I asked if Dru is Japanese because I find it odd that she'd go there to live her life. Nothing wrong with it, but a little strange.

As for the woman in the car, it's before the actual intro. It's the little clip thing that plays before the beginning of Chapter 5.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Ah, okay. It isn't entirely clear but it should be Marie (MC's ex).
OK Sure that makes sense because she was mentioned to be coming to town. So in the end we never actually got to see her in her full glory or for MC to interact with her.

Also, in the non-Aoife endings, why does she stare at MC on the sofa without saying a word?

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
OK Sure that makes sense because she was mentioned to be coming to town. So in the end we never actually got to see her in her full glory or for MC to interact with her.
Nothing happens with Marie because there would be no point.

She doesn't feel any guilt over what happened to him and moved on long before their relationship broke up.

He wouldn't get any closure from her because she isn't sorry, he would end up leaving that confrontation in a worse place than when he went in.

Simply put, she never cared what happened to him.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That is why I asked if Dru is Japanese because I find it odd that she'd go there to live her life. Nothing wrong with it, but a little strange.
I gotta admit I am a bit sketchy on the first parts of the game lore but are we sure that "home" means Japan? It is mentioned that she is moving to the town she and MC grew up, and I cannot find the introductory scene of her to check whether something of him having lived in Japan was mentioned.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I gotta admit I am a bit sketchy on the first parts of the game lore but are we sure that "home" means Japan? It is mentioned that she is moving to the town she and MC grew up, and I cannot find the introductory scene of her to check whether something of him having lived in Japan was mentioned.
As far as I understand it, home or the MC and Chris IS Japan.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
As for the woman in the car, it's before the actual intro. It's the little clip thing that plays before the beginning of Chapter 5.
Ah, okay. It isn't entirely clear but it should be Marie (MC's ex).
Hmm... It's been a bit since I have done a play through on this, but I thought the person in the car at the end of Chapter 4/Beginning Chapter 5 was Dru. Maybe I am wrong though.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes