Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Here's my take on Cassandra Cain with 3 stages of undressing. The way I got it she's supposed to have that many scars.
View attachment 1928319 View attachment 1928320 View attachment 1928321
MMIB

And two more girls checking in at the Fortess of Solitude.
View attachment 1928304 View attachment 1928305

I like hat on bed/floor because I can see Lex placing the hat right next to his neatly piled clothes and then later dropping it on her head on his way out.
You did well on Cassandra, but she'd be more chiseled.

Kain2358

Mar 30, 2019

zenzaxaznez

Jun 6, 2018
Did my first more complex edit.
Great edit! You can't even tell it's an edit unless you zoom in and look for details.

I tried to give her more muscle around the shoulders and arms without much luck. Does anyone have any advice?
There are few ways I can think of for adding more muscle to her arms, none of them perfect:

1. You could cut her arm to its own layer and then use the Warp tool in Photoshop to make it beefier. The result will likely look blurry and/or horrendous though.
2. You could look through the art of the ladies with the most muscle (Wonder Woman, Donna Troy etc.) for an arm in a similar position and fuse that arm into your picture. It might be a long shot to find one that matches what you have in mind, though.
3. You can draw your own, more muscular arm using the existing arm as a reference (and later, as a base for the colors). This is basically what I did in my Galatea edit when I made her left arm. I drew new lines using the Brush tool, looking at other artwork to try to get the anatomy correct (or rather, line up with how Sunset draws his characters). It's very time-consuming if you're like me and not an artist.
There's also the problem that more muscle does not simply mean the arm is going to be thicker, the muscles are also going to be more defined, which adds to the difficulty.

I wish I had better advice!

Let me know if there is anything I can improve on.
The transitions between body parts under her belly button could be smoother. The way I make smooth transitions between body parts in different layers in Photoshop is by using Layer Masks.

Layer Masks uses a greyscale overlay to mask parts of the layer, going from black (fully masked) to white (fully visible). A grayish color in the Layer Mask means transparency and that makes for great transitions that are invisible to the eye.
With the Layer Mask selected, I set my Brush opacity to something low (like 10%), and paint the edge of the upper layer with fully black color a couple of times, watching it blend into the lower layer with each stroke. If I mask too much, I swap the Brush color to white and paint the same area again to restore visibility. You can go back and forth like that and really fine-tune the transition if you use a very low Brush opacity.

Since Layer Masks don't change anything in the layer, you can paint in the Mask until you get a perfectly smooth transition without permanently editing your layer.

Another, surprisingly simple edit is to add sweat drops to Galatea's body to make it consistent. She currently has sweat drops over her entire body, except for her abs and her face.
The way Sunset draws sweat drops is so simple that anyone can make their own. Just look at Galatea's right boob and the two drops under her nipple. Those two shapes - the hook shape and the U shape - are basically the only shapes Sunset draws. Just add a new layer and use a tiny white brush to draw 3 sweat drops on her abs and 2 on her face, and it's gonna be a sweet cherry on top of an already sweet edit.

86driftman

Jun 27, 2018
The transitions between body parts under her belly button could be smoother. The way I make smooth transitions between body parts in different layers in Photoshop is by using Layer Masks.

Layer Masks uses a greyscale overlay to mask parts of the layer, going from black (fully masked) to white (fully visible). A grayish color in the Layer Mask means transparency and that makes for great transitions that are invisible to the eye.
With the Layer Mask selected, I set my Brush opacity to something low (like 10%), and paint the edge of the upper layer with fully black color a couple of times, watching it blend into the lower layer with each stroke. If I mask too much, I swap the Brush color to white and paint the same area again to restore visibility. You can go back and forth like that and really fine-tune the transition if you use a very low Brush opacity.

Since Layer Masks don't change anything in the layer, you can paint in the Mask until you get a perfectly smooth transition without permanently editing your layer.

Another, surprisingly simple edit is to add sweat drops to Galatea's body to make it consistent. She currently has sweat drops over her entire body, except for her abs and her face.
The way Sunset draws sweat drops is so simple that anyone can make their own. Just look at Galatea's right boob and the two drops under her nipple. Those two shapes - the hook shape and the U shape - are basically the only shapes Sunset draws. Just add a new layer and use a tiny white brush to draw 3 sweat drops on her abs and 2 on her face, and it's gonna be a sweet cherry on top of an already sweet edit.

Thanks I tried to use some of your advice for the revision. I'll have to practice more later, but thanks again!

SX1_N1 galatea v2.png SX1_N1 galatea cum v2.png

Lovekraut

Apr 15, 2022
Logically, she'd be closest to Lady Shiva in coloration and muscle tone.
I was thinking about adjusting the skintone but then simply forgot. Good point about using her mother as reference. Maybe I‘ll give it a try.

SoulFoZoid

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
With Galatea she is a lab clone with strength enhancers and a regiments of training with emphasis on gaining strength. That's how the show portrait the character and it makes sense in the game to have a 6 pack. With Supergirl no 6 pack or upper arm muscles let alone leg muscles she is build like a farm girl that does normal chores. I would argue even WW has no six pack or enhances muscle she has a warrior life but for the love a god know that she is an ambassador and in the old comics she would look like a regular office clerk. In the show she does not have enlarge muscles that's a give since it's simplified form with Bruce Tim designs.

Erasedc39

Aug 10, 2021
And here is what the sex shows should have been.
View attachment 1830421
Was browsing through the thread and found this so just wanted to say /ask a few things:
1) I am assuming the edit was made using the asset packs right?
2) Completely agree with u on the show scenes. It makes more sense to me have scenes like this rather having the captured girls have scenes with luthor

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Was browsing through the thread and found this so just wanted to say /ask a few things:
1) I am assuming the edit was made using the asset packs right?
2) Completely agree with u on the show scenes. It makes more sense to me have scenes like this rather having the captured girls have scenes with luthor
What most of us are doing is extracting the sprites from the game, using some utility like, say, AssetStudio, and then re-combining the sprites using Photoshop or GIMP or something, tweaking them as needed.

As I've mentioned before, often body parts are separated (say the head/mouth/eyes so that you can apply different expressions and such), or overlaid (say if some gal is on top of Lex's body). There are over 10,000 sprites to work with in the extracted sprites folder, FYI.

Once you extract the sprites and see what's inside of the folder, it'll make more sense.

Erasedc39

Aug 10, 2021
What most of us are doing is extracting the sprites from the game, using some utility like, say, AssetStudio, and then re-combining the sprites using Photoshop or GIMP or something, tweaking them as needed.

As I've mentioned before, often body parts are separated (say the head/mouth/eyes so that you can apply different expressions and such), or overlaid (say if some gal is on top of Lex's body). There are over 10,000 sprites to work with in the extracted sprites folder, FYI.

Once you extract the sprites and see what's inside of the folder, it'll make more sense.
Knew about the whole photoshop/gimp thing , its just that i thought that SoulReaverFo used stuff from the asset packs cause it looked to me that those individual scenes were cropped and put together on another background since the whole edit looked really good and i couldnt find any signs which proved that any editing was done.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Knew about the whole photoshop/gimp thing , its just that i thought that SoulReaverFo used stuff from the asset packs cause it looked to me that those individual scenes were cropped and put together on another background since the whole edit looked really good and i couldnt find any signs which proved that any editing was done.
The backgrounds are separate sprites, upon which which the other sprites are overlaid. The main thing is to find the most ideal background perspective wise, and scale things as needed. Some have a better eye for such things than others...

So no cropping of characters, etc. from the background is needed usually (they are pre-separated), unless you are doing crazy things like cropping DeeDee's head from a screenshot you took of some episode to stick it on some other sprite body...

Reactions: Testerguy19
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes