Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Dec 4, 2021
Behold, the rest of the Series 1 cards! I am planning to make a full 8 series worth of cards (a decision I will probably most definitely will regret), but don't expect to see more right away as I'm currently in the planning stage, trying to figure out how many cards characters will get, finding images to use, etc. Might also post card templates I'm not sure yet.

monkmonk

Jul 20, 2018
Isn't monkmonk already helping you with edits and writing?
Yeah, I was helping Ohwee with implementing scenes, but I had to stop for awhile because I got really busy with work.
I haven't contributed to Mendoza's work, but if the work is similar to the work I've done for Ohwee, then I could help as well. I especially love Mendoza's repeatable scene archive.

Reactions: OhWee and xMendoza

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, I was helping Ohwee with implementing scenes, but I had to stop for awhile because I got really busy with work.
I haven't contributed to Mendoza's work, but if the work is similar to the work I've done for Ohwee, then I could help as well. I especially love Mendoza's repeatable scene archive.
I appreciate the reply. I look forward to seeing what you and OhWee have come up with for Re-Imagined. Hey xMendoza contact monkmonk and discuss your ideas for SURebuilt. Keep up the good work all.

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee and xMendoza

monkmonk

Jul 20, 2018
May I ask some clarification? These reconstructions - they are the product of putting together all of the sprite pieces to create the whole scene?
I think I was doing something similar when I was implementing scenes in Ohwee's renpy version of the game, except instead of creating these stills like you've done, I was summoning and manipulating the individual sprites via the renpy engine.
Your reconstructions have a high image quality. I am considering using your reconstructions instead of rebuilding the sprite animations wherever it makes sense to do so. May I do so?
I know it'll be less efficient computationally to summon an entire new image for each scene transition instead of just changing each individual sprite, but using these whole images would save me time, and this renpy version is hardly resource intense anyways. What do you think?

Dec 4, 2021
I've made a tier list revealing who's getting turned into a marketable trading card. Mystery Cards don't count towards the card amount. I might be doing some "reprints" of some cards I already made that have errors in them to replace them in the Mega folder.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarkDank and Krull

D the Meister

Dec 6, 2022
I love how everyone seems to be displeasd with the fact that the last update gave us technically nothing.
So now the smart people of this community that can edit are like....
Fuck it.
We are making our own update that we see as head canon vault scenes.

:KEK:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Soooo...

I just watched
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths–Part One

The animation style is of course not Bruce Timm style, but the thing that I find interesting is how Warner Brothers animation just seems to be firing on all cylinders while a lot of the rest of the tv/film industry offerings are often disappointments.

I'm a bit more forgiving of a lot of things (Milk Toast Kenobi aside), and of course Andor was awesome, but that's a different genre, but it's interesting watching Disney making misstep after misstep, meanwhile WB Animation just does things like they've always done, and they continue to make movies that 'get' their audience. Even the Babylon 5 movie that they did last year was a nice walk down nostalgia lane!

There are still a few shows that I enjoy these days, but it's just weird seeing the disconnect in the tv/film industry in other areas, and it's nice to see WB animation 'bucking' that trend still.

Anyways, yeah I enjoyed the newest Justice Leagure release, I never read the comic books so I have no idea whatsoever how 'true' it is to the original story, so I can enjoy it for what it is. I DO miss Bruce Timm's drawing style though!

Not sure if there's much in there that is 'SR7/Timm worthy', but it should be interesting to see what y'all come up with.

Sasha Calle is still pretty hot as Supergirl (I didn't mind that movie, others hated it of course), Snarky Jay did a fun cosplay of her and got to meet Sasha while doing said cosplay.

Snarky's Optimus Prime cosplay is pretty good too...

Anyways, yeah looking forward to Parts 2 & 3 of the new Justice League animated trilogy!

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Soooo...

I just watched
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths–Part One

The animation style is of course not Bruce Timm style, but the thing that I find interesting is how Warner Brothers animation just seems to be firing on all cylinders while a lot of the rest of the tv/film industry offerings are often disappointments.

I'm a bit more forgiving of a lot of things (Milk Toast Kenobi aside), and of course Andor was awesome, but that's a different genre, but it's interesting watching Disney making misstep after misstep, meanwhile WB Animation just does things like they've always done, and they continue to make movies that 'get' their audience. Even the Babylon 5 movie that they did last year was a nice walk down nostalgia lane!

There are still a few shows that I enjoy these days, but it's just weird seeing the disconnect in the tv/film industry in other areas, and it's nice to see WB animation 'bucking' that trend still.

Anyways, yeah I enjoyed the newest Justice Leagure release, I never read the comic books so I have no idea whatsoever how 'true' it is to the original story, so I can enjoy it for what it is. I DO miss Bruce Timm's drawing style though!

Not sure if there's much in there that is 'SR7/Timm worthy', but it should be interesting to see what y'all come up with.

Sasha Calle is still pretty hot as Supergirl (I didn't mind that movie, others hated it of course), Snarky Jay did a fun cosplay of her and got to meet Sasha while doing said cosplay.

Snarky's Optimus Prime cosplay is pretty good too...

Anyways, yeah looking forward to Parts 2 & 3 of the new Justice League animated trilogy!
... is this a movie review thread?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
... is this a movie review thread?
Mainly I was just noting that Part 1 is now out, perhaps others might find some artwork there that might inspire them. We've already seen 'My Adventures with Superman' inspired characters appear in this thread, so who knows...

Kara has an alternate role in Part 1, as an example.

Reactions: Testerguy19
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes