Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK y'all. Yep, still pondering screens for SU_Rebuilt! I'm putting together/repurposing and modifying stuff, so it's sprite-remix related, and just looks kind of cool...

At some point, there probably should be separate thread for SU Rebuilt though.

This is a mock-up right now, but it shouldn't be too hard for me to build.

HeroineStatusScreen_Batgirl.jpg

Most of it should be self-explanatory. The text box below the Batgirl head and boobies shot pic is intended to give some descriptive text r.e. how far along you are with this gal at the moment.

Once the device is unlocked, the 'default' text will be swapped out with something like:

"Had a conversation with Babs today. She's slowly beginning to accept her fate, and I should be able to talk her into showing me her dancing skills one on one."

Fatigue affects the amount of money a girl can make in a night if performing. More tired = less tips.

Corruption Level comes into play once a girl is placed in a cell. The higher the corruption level, the more things that she's 'willing' to do with you.

My thoughts are that this screen can be invoked in several places (living quarters, Glamour Slam/Metabordello, Labs, etc.) and allow you to do some basic things any time that this screen is invoked, if said action isn't locked.

Examples:

1) You are in the Glamour Slam, and wish that Batgirl's Control Device Level was 3 instead of 2. Clicking on the Control Level progress bar might give you a popup option to do the upgrade now (possibly asking you first if you'd like to go the labs since upgrades are done there).

2) You are in the Meta Bordello, and want to de-assign Batgirl from Dancing and have her work in the Bordello instead. So you invoke this screen via Batgirl's greyed out icon on the schedule screen. Then, clicking on the Current Status arrow will show a dropdown that shows you what slots are unassigned currently, and which other duties that you can assign Batgirl to, based on her current control level. Options that aren't currently available would be greyed out of course!

3) You've just assigned Batgirl to the Bordello, and want to change her costume since you are already on this screen. Clicking on the arrow adds a few 'buttons' along the left side of the screen showing Batgirl's current costume options.

4) You are in the Security Room at Lexcorp, and Batgirl hasn't been assigned to a task yet. So you use the remote command feature on her device to tell Batgirl that she needs to report to the Glamour Slam for Stripper duty, or in game mechanics terms you click on the Current Status arrow to assign her from here, assuming that there are slots available.

On a related note, I'm thinking that you may be able to access the 'master schedule' screen from the Security Room, Lex's office, etc. as well in the GS/MB, and said schedule would show the current assignments to both the GS and MB. Clicking on a heroine's thumbnail would bring this screen up, and you could also 'reset' the schedule, clearing all of the slots so that you could re-assign them either by drag and drop (when implemented) or via her pop-up screen.

Well, you get the idea. My goal here is to try to reduce the amount of clicking you need to do stuff while playing this game, in places where it might make sense logically. I.E. changing the GS/MB performer schedule from the Daily Planet, Cadmus or S.T.A.R. Labs just doesn't make sense...

So as you can see, I'm gearing my suggestions towards the areas where thing can be improved, without changing the gameplay. One of the advantages which we can take advantage of is the ability to make things look cooler here and there.

Back to the grindstone!
:cool:

Edit: Still tweaking things...

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020
OK y'all. Yep, still pondering screens for SU_Rebuilt! I'm putting together/repurposing and modifying stuff, so it's sprite-remix related, and just looks kind of cool...

At some point, there probably should be separate thread for SU Rebuilt though.

This is a mock-up right now, but it shouldn't be too hard for me to build.

View attachment 2223041

Most of it should be self-explanatory. The text box below the Batgirl head and boobies shot pic is intended to give some descriptive text r.e. how far along you are with this gal at the moment.

Once the device is unlocked, the 'default' text will be swapped out with something like:

"Had a conversation with Babs today. She's slowly beginning to accept her fate, and I should be able to talk her into showing me her dancing skills one on one."

Fatigue affects the amount of money a girl can make in a night if performing. More tired = less tips.

Corruption Level comes into play once a girl is placed in a cell. The higher the corruption level, the more things that she's 'willing' to do with you.

My thoughts are that this screen can be invoked in several places (living quarters, Glamour Slam/Metabordello, Labs, etc.) and allow you to do some basic things any time that this screen is invoked, if said action isn't locked.

Examples:

1) You are in the Glamour Slam, and wish that Batgirl's Control Device Level was 3 instead of 2. Clicking on the Control Level progress bar might give you a popup option to do the upgrade now (possibly asking you first if you'd like to go the labs since upgrades are done there).

2) You are in the Meta Bordello, and want to de-assign Batgirl from Dancing and have her work in the Bordello instead. So you invoke this screen via Batgirl's greyed out icon on the schedule screen. Then, clicking on the Current Status arrow will show a dropdown that shows you what slots are unassigned currently, and which other duties that you can assign Batgirl to, based on her current control level. Options that aren't currently available would be greyed out of course!

3) You've just assigned Batgirl to the Bordello, and want to change her costume since you are already on this screen. Clicking on the arrow adds a few 'buttons' along the left side of the screen showing Batgirl's current costume options.

4) You are in the Security Room at Lexcorp, and Batgirl hasn't been assigned to a task yet. So you use the remote command feature on her device to tell Batgirl that she needs to report to the Glamour Slam for Stripper duty, or in game mechanics terms you click on the Current Status arrow to assign her from here, assuming that there are slots available.

On a related note, I'm thinking that you may be able to access the 'master schedule' screen from the Security Room, Lex's office, etc. as well in the GS/MB, and said schedule would show the current assignments to both the GS and MB. Clicking on a heroine's thumbnail would bring this screen up, and you could also 'reset' the schedule, clearing all of the slots so that you could re-assign them either by drag and drop (when implemented) or via her pop-up screen.

Well, you get the idea. My goal here is to try to reduce the amount of clicking you need to do stuff while playing this game, in places where it might make sense logically. I.E. changing the GS/MB performer schedule from the Daily Planet, Cadmus or S.T.A.R. Labs just doesn't make sense...

So as you can see, I'm gearing my suggestions towards the areas where thing can be improved, without changing the gameplay. One of the advantages which we can take advantage of is the ability to make things look cooler here and there.

Back to the grindstone!
:cool:
Stats are always great to add, and I love how much easier this will appear to be. One of the biggest problems with SU was the menu system and I'll take this over the original anyday!
Keep up the great work

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Green Arrow was out on patrol when he saw Lois Lane head into LexCorp.. Since she hadn't come back out, he decided to sneak in to find out the story she was working on..

Finding her in a cell, unable to leave and horny as fuck, he had no choice but to help her out!!. He set up a spy cam to record the fun too!

OliverLoisSexOnSpyCam1.png OliverLoisSexOnSpyCam2.png

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
Took my shot at making Cassandra Cain. Originally had a bat symbol on the chest, but boob window. For her head I simply used her mom, (Lady Shiva) rounded out the jaw, then changed the color and angle of her eyes.
View attachment 2222784 View attachment 2222786
Back alley defeat
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PNG's
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Been trying to do a Cassandra Cain myself, but can't figure out scarring for the life of me. How did you do it?

Reactions: Testerguy19

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
Been trying to do a Cassandra Cain myself, but can't figure out scarring for the life of me. How did you do it?
I sampled her skin color then increased saturation and darkened the hue just a bit. If you look you'll notice her scars are very close to the color of the shadows on her body too. I then j just started dashing across her skin on a new layer and cleaned it up as needed. I also used Antiop as reference. The hardest part was figuring how many scars to add. It's easy to go overboard.

Edit: Also, for her nude body I added Superwomans abs to Artemis body.
Antiop.png

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I like how randoms on a hentai forum seem to have more passsion for developing a harem project than the guy who is making six figures a year on his own project lmao.
Not knowing SR7's personal situation, or any other people that may be on the Gunsmoke Games team, I don't really know how much free time the Gunsmoke Games team has for this project. I also don't know what the tax situation is. If a lot of time is being spent trying to invest said money into things that have lower tax penalties and such, that's less time that is being spent on the game. And working on the same project for this long can also dull the creativity, as it becomes more of a job to manage all of the angles.

Anyways, at the heart of this is SR7's creativity. For example, a lot of new art HAS been created for the Themyscira arc. And it takes time to take a piece of art and then break things apart into sprites and then position said sprites. This is one reason we don't see the 'full animations' anymore.

Setting these up can be a major pain, sure there's software that can help with that but it's still a chore.

I haven't attempted to extract 2.3.95 yet to see what was added, but new art was created in the last month, that then needed to be dropped into the story. I've never worked with Unity, mainly because I like Ren'Py better and Ren'Py at it's core is pretty straightforward, unless you are trying to do complex things.

But I can compare 2.3.6 with 2.3.7, 2.3.8 and 2.3.9, from a 'number of sprites created' aspect.

When I extracted the sprites for each version:
2.3.6 as 10,710 sprites.
2.3.7 has 10,830 sprites
2.3.8 has has 10,929 sprites
2.3.9 has 11,138 sprites.

So, the short form, a bit over 100 new unique pieces of artwork are being added with each update. Sure, some of this art is adapted from earier art, but it still takes time to work with all of those pieces. And THEN there's the whole positioning thing so that you can have conversations/animations/etc, which takes even more time.

THEN comes the bugslaying, as stuff that you are trying to do may not work right initially, and then there are the bugs from the last update that you may be trying to fix.

My point here is that this all takes time. I can easily see the potential for 160+ hours of work here with each update. Sure, some things get easier, but SR7 is also doing livestreams pretty much weekly, which takes even more time.

Finally, there's the creativity and burnout angle. Some days you may just not be in the mood to tackle things, so you do other things to clear your head.

I'm not sure how many people HERE are contributing to the Gunsmoke Games Patreon each month, but it's a pretty safe bet that the large majority of the people participating in this thread, and in the SU game thread, are not Patrons.

And the bottom line is that SR7 needs to keep his paying patrons happy, not the F95Zoner types in some buccaneer forum. If the paying patrons feel that they are being entertained and want to donate to the cause, that's their choice and their call.

------

So I want to address one other thing, that is why I think that Unity is holding Gunsmoke Games back. The word Fungus has been thrown around a few times, but I'm not familiar with the Unity backbone. What I can say from the outside looking in is that it looks like a LOT of work to work inside of the Unity framework.

The advantage of Unity is that it's opaque, so it sorta kinda helps you protect your IP, but what I'm finding, and what has been my experience as a modder and now game developer (FmF is my only game currently, well it's a team effort, I do comics too and a bunch of fanart but I digress) is that Renpy has some frameworks that make some things very easy.

An example of this is of course xMendoza 's efforts to build a Ren'Py port which I'm throwing suggestions at.

So as I said, I've been working inside of the Ren'Py framework with various games since late 2016. I started by doing a pretty extensive personal mod for Lab Rats 0.3. At the time, I communicated with the developer a couple of times, but he ulitmately went in a slightly different direction for 0.4 and later, so I gave up trying toupdate my mod as I'd have to essentially re-evaluate everything AGAIN to drop my code in. I never released said mod since later versions of the game were out at that point, plus at the time I was 'being nice' by trying to honor Vren's wishes, but I'm pretty proud of my first efforts as a modder. This was before I joined the F95Zone forums, and before I decided to take the plunge into Daz Studio...

My point is, over the years as a modder, I've seen things done a few different ways (btw, if you are able to take the time to try to understand it, Brothel King has a LOT going on coding wise that is actually pretty slick).

So when I saw how xMendoza was approaching a few things with his SU Rebuilt efforts, when I peeked under the hood I noticed that there were a few things that could be done more cleanly/easily, so of course I've been sending suggestions his way ever since.

The reason I'm bringing this up HERE, is I need to cite an example here that I can speak to on a personal level. About a day ago, I decided to try to tackle the profile screen for SU Rebuilt. So I spent the next 12 hours working on this one thing. BTW, if you want to see how that looks right now in the SU Rebuilt Ren'Py framework (on my end anyways):

I still want to make a couple more tweaks here, but I have this screen pretty much where I want it now. I spent an hour battling with wingdings/webdings fonts, which Ren'Py doesn't like, for those arrow symbols, and ended up 'falling back' on Comial Unicode, which has over 3600 symbols/glyphs/letters in it, and using the Unicode codes to 'summon' said symbols from the depths of Comial Unicode...

Sure, I could have made imagebuttons, but textbuttons have the advantage of being easily edited inside of the Ren'Py framework, without having to build a new button each time in Photoshop, etc..

So this one screen alone took me about a day's worth of work, from tracking down which sprite art I wanted to modify/use, throwing together a mockup to give me a visual target to work towards, adjusting said art so that things lined up like I wanted it to, then building this inside of the Ren'Py SU Rebuilt environment, and nudging things around until I eventually had everything lined up as you see above.

Oh, when I say 'adjusting' well here is one 'before and after' as an example, me and my Photoshop skillz...

vStatusGUI_2.png profilescreen_bg.png

That's the original SU art at the left, my modified version at the right.

So I can certainly see that working with 'just' somewhere around 130 sprites a month, well how that can take a lot of time to do. If this took me about a day, and it's just one screen...

I'm not a Ren'Py god by any means, and Python still isn't my jam, and I still regularly google things to try to find the right Ren'Py command and how exactly to type said command so that it works like I need it to...

Others are certainly faster at coding Ren'Py than I am, but I'm clearly no slouch at this point either. Note my fetish for designing different layouts for save screens... and I just do this stuff in my 'free time' too, for free, which is why some things take me so long to complete as I have other interests and real life stuff to do too.

-------

OK so this is now another massive wall of text, I just think that if Gunsmoke Game patrons want to bitch, that's their call, but most people here are acquiring this game by 'other means' for free, and should just be happy that the game isn't abandoned at this point. Plus this is the sprite re-mix and fanart thread, so it's probably not the place to bitch about such things in the first place.

Steps off of soapbox
:alien:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes