Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Exed010

May 29, 2022
I won't bore y'all with the minor details, but I'm beginning to lay some groundwork for SU Rebuilt related girl packs here...

The short form is that you artist and modder types will be able to drop girl packs into the SU Rebuilt Ren'Py project when I'm done. Essentially, I've set things up so that all of a girl's pics are in a single folder, along with an .rpy file that contains her scenes.

The game will be able to 'find' said scenes via some variable checks, so it'll be possible to put say She Hulk or whomever to work in the GS/MB when I'm done, as routines will be set up to add new girls to one of the 'recruit lists'. The game will detect when new folders are added to the /girls folder and then access the .rpy file for that girl from that point forward, calling on various scene related labels as needed.

You'll still need to capture them of course , or maybe when some other gal hits some threshold, she mentions having a friend...

Modder and artists types will be able to use a 'girl template' .rpy file, modifying it to add their own girls to SU Rebuilt, editing the dialogues and such for the various scenes (Glamour Slam scenes, Meta Bordello scenes, Cell scenes). The template will have the usual 'Rule of Three' routines already set up in the template with 'default' dialogues that can be easily changed, assuming you have Notepad2, Notepad++, or other another .rpy file friendly text editor.

This may also speed up the efforts to pull more girls into SU Rebuilt once I've tackled a few other things, mainly the GS/MB scheduling screen, which is next on my list. With these 'templates' if others are willing to help add various girls, well this could open the door for a 'divide and conquer' approach r.e. adding all of those scenes for the girls, to help split up the workload as it were.

Anyways, for you artist types out there, Chrisdarock19 suggested via a PM that it might be really cool to re-imagine/create alternate versions of a few scenes, and maybe fill in some blanks r.e. some of the Meta Bordello scenes that are currently missing. It's not a bad suggestion!

Just wanted to share my tiny 'moment of victory' here. Still more to do, but xMendoza and I are diligently hammering away at this thing!

:cool:
Can you add naked with collar in menu too?

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
I won't bore y'all with the minor details, but I'm beginning to lay some groundwork for SU Rebuilt related girl packs here...

The short form is that you artist and modder types will be able to drop girl packs into the SU Rebuilt Ren'Py project when I'm done. Essentially, I've set things up so that all of a girl's pics are in a single folder, along with an .rpy file that contains her scenes.

The game will be able to 'find' said scenes via some variable checks, so it'll be possible to put say She Hulk or whomever to work in the GS/MB when I'm done, as routines will be set up to add new girls to one of the 'recruit lists'. The game will detect when new folders are added to the /girls folder and then access the .rpy file for that girl from that point forward, calling on various scene related labels as needed.

You'll still need to capture them of course , or maybe when some other gal hits some threshold, she mentions having a friend...

Modder and artists types will be able to use a 'girl template' .rpy file, modifying it to add their own girls to SU Rebuilt, editing the dialogues and such for the various scenes (Glamour Slam scenes, Meta Bordello scenes, Cell scenes). The template will have the usual 'Rule of Three' routines already set up in the template with 'default' dialogues that can be easily changed, assuming you have Notepad2, Notepad++, or other another .rpy file friendly text editor.

This may also speed up the efforts to pull more girls into SU Rebuilt once I've tackled a few other things, mainly the GS/MB scheduling screen, which is next on my list. With these 'templates' if others are willing to help add various girls, well this could open the door for a 'divide and conquer' approach r.e. adding all of those scenes for the girls, to help split up the workload as it were.

Anyways, for you artist types out there, Chrisdarock19 suggested via a PM that it might be really cool to re-imagine/create alternate versions of a few scenes, and maybe fill in some blanks r.e. some of the Meta Bordello scenes that are currently missing. It's not a bad suggestion!

Just wanted to share my tiny 'moment of victory' here. Still more to do, but xMendoza and I are diligently hammering away at this thing!

:cool:
>Sensual Robotic Slave mode

As a Mind Control fan, love your description here!
Thank you for your work on the remake!

By the way, artists, would it be possible for the MB and GS in the remake to tweak the heroines eyes? To have the dull/blank look that Mind Control usually has in anime and the like? To make it more evident they're not conscious?

Reactions: Testerguy19

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm just saying if you do "girlpacks" will you leave slots open in the directory for additional costumes? I'm no expert on any of this, but I think Girlpacks need to have consistent naming to work? That might complicate adding additional costumes, no?
OK, so let's see if I can explain this clearly...

Each girl, including the existing girls, say Mercy, Batgirl, Huntress, will be following the same general template structure, and each will have an .rpy file that details various events involving that gal. We know that we need dance, strip, eroplay, bordello, private show, orgy, cell and leash scenes for each gal, and those scenes will have associated labels in each gal's .rpy file.

If there is more than one variation on any of the GS/MB scenes, then there's a random chance that one of the variations will be picked. If a modder type wants to come in after the fact and add say another orgy scene (say they want to include Lobo, Batman and Nightwing in an orgy scene), if the artwork has already been created by some fanart type, then it's a simple matter of adding an 'alternate scene' into the existing code. The scene can be as long or as short as a person wants, as the modder will have full control over the length of the scene.

Heck, they could even change the background, etc. and move the orgy over to say Cadmus if they wanted to be really strange... just as long as the label 'returns' to the 'usual' locations.

This could open up the possibility of say 'while observing the orgy in the monitoring room, you overhear Lobo talking about some new gal that he saw over at Tala's shop. Intrigued, you go to Tala's shop. You walk in and lo and behold, the new gal is...'

You could cue an event to only be able to fire one time using some variable, so that the game doesn't keep repeating said one time event.

My point is that with the power of scripting and labels, as long as you have an entry point via the 'label event structure', and it could literally be anywhere, anything is possible. Once the label has 'jumped' to that particular gal's .rpy file, anything can happen.

The tricky part is pointing Ren'Py at the new girl's .rpy file the first time, say when a new girlpack is being dropped into the /girls folder.
Brothel King demonstrated how adding new girls/girlpacks to a game game is possible, and I'll be using a similar 'check /girls folder for new folder' methodology as well.

The 'trigger point' that I picked out for this check to happen is the 'Next Night' button on the city screen. A number of things are calculated at that point, such as GS/MB income, adjusting fatigue for each gal (btw the fatigue stat affects nightly income, so it's a good idea to let a gal rest every so often to reduce fatigue), increase the 'day' count by one, that sort of stuff.

At that point, if a 'new gal' has entered the /girls pool, there will be a quick jump to a label in that girl's .rpy file to figure out what should happen next, i.e. is she added to Roulette's, Tala's, or Catwoman's 'potential recruit' list? Has someone noticed her wandering around town, at which point she's added to Lex's target list? Maybe she tried to break into Lexcorp and was captured?

The idea here being that there will be various list variables that gals move between as the game progresses, with "Girlname" being moved between pools. One of these pools will be to 'check this gal's recruitment conditions label to see if conditions have been met to introduce her', say if you need to talk to someone first after they've hit a certain corruption level, and when that condition is met, then she's moved to the appropriate pool (cells, target pool, villain's lair villain pool, 'pending heist completion' target pool)...

Well you get the idea here. I know that's a long explanation, and we REALLY need a 'SU Rebuilt Community unofficial Ren'Py build Development Thread' to discuss this as this is barely related to fanart at this point. But that's up to xMendoza ...

I have too many other things going on already, so my involvement here is short term as I need to get back to other things that are now being delayed by my efforts on SU Rebuilt, but I REALLY want to see this come to fruition, hence why I'm delaying other projects to help xMendoza flesh out the SU Rebuilt backbone at least.

Can you add naked with collar in menu too?
Ummm, no, Lex only has one leash (that sometimes splits into two leashes), so you can't 'pick' that costume. Well, I suppose if the gal already has some other leash in her wardrobe as part of her slut costume or whatever, but that's not the same thing.

The purpose of this screen is to show a girl's current state, and maybe pick another costume. If you want a Lex leash scene, you'll probably need visit her in her cell or in the other 'usual' places where Leash scenes are invoked.

And again, this is an unofficial Ren'Py re-build thing. SU Unity isn't set up for modding, hence why there's this initiative to create a Ren'Py port, so that the community at large can introduce their own mods/girlpacks.

Actually, a gal could end up with as many costumes as there is artwork showing said costume, if that art is included in SU and if her label has the associated scene coded in.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I made another thingie for SU Rebuilt...

su_managementbg_WIP1b.jpg

Roulette is hanging out at the left side of the screen 'cuz the Meta Bordello isn't built yet...

Still need to tweak a few things, but so far it's not looking too shabby!

Now comes the hard part. Writing code for this sucker!
:p

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021

View attachment 2232755

Roulette is hanging out at the left side of the screen 'cuz the Meta Bordello isn't built yet...

I hope SR7 hires you for this Rebuilt. Its amazing dude :love:

Kain2358

Mar 30, 2019

View attachment 2232755

It is a minor change, but I really appreciate the ","s in money counter. I can actually read the number now even without squinting my eyes.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It is a minor change, but I really appreciate the ","s in money counter. I can actually read the number now even without squinting my eyes.
Fortunately there's a Ren'Py/Python command that does exactly that!

----

Still tweaking things of course, but it's coming along nicely IMHO!

su_managementbg_WIP1c.jpg

Pondering the 'highlighted slot' thing atm. The glow-ey thing isn't bad, but I may try a few other things...

akkeji

Jan 22, 2018

SR7 worked on some Ahsoka

"We know he's here..."

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes