Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Dec 24, 2020
Fortunately there's a Ren'Py/Python command that does exactly that!

----

Still tweaking things of course, but it's coming along nicely IMHO!

View attachment 2233418

Pondering the 'highlighted slot' thing atm. The glow-ey thing isn't bad, but I may try a few other things...
FINALLY, having the Glamour Slam and the Meta Bordello assignment screens get put together! You have no idea how happy this makes me!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
FINALLY, having the Glamour Slam and the Meta Bordello assignment screens get put together! You have no idea how happy this makes me!
But not in SU Unity. Well not unless someone convinces Gunsmoke Games that they REALLY REALLY need to do that already.

SU Rebuilt is still in the 'test build' phase so it'll be a bit, and it won't have a lot of content as it takes times to add over 11,000 sprites to a completely 'from the ground up' build!

I've been bitching about the excessive clicking/grind in SU for a bit now too, hence why things like this are such a big deal to me. I suggested some code changes to reduce grind in Brothel King once... many of my suggestions were actually 'officially' implemented too! With minor changes of course!

Link to info about my now deprecated/abandoned BK mod:
https://f95zone.to/threads/brothel-king-girl-packs-and-mods-collection.21058/post-1306678

In any case, not sure when the next text build will drop. I keep suggesting that it's time for a SU Rebuilt community development thread...

Nov 10, 2022

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Fortunately there's a Ren'Py/Python command that does exactly that!

----

Still tweaking things of course, but it's coming along nicely IMHO!

View attachment 2233418

Pondering the 'highlighted slot' thing atm. The glow-ey thing isn't bad, but I may try a few other things...
This looks awesome :love:
When management consultants talk about 'motivating factors' and 'what really drives people', they rarely mention frustration with how shit something is!
In this case frustration with a developer is causing people to rewrite this game on a better platform for free

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Just watched "The Batman" to see if it would give me any inspiration... and it did not, that's a very odd film lol.

It did make me realize that there are many catwomen not in game and nothing to do with the ones that are.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still making adjustments...

su_managementbgWIP3.jpg

Yeah it's supposed to be only 3 slots per performance category, but I wanted to leave room for an extra slot in each slot in anticipation of a possible optional rule. Upgrading the Glamour Slam to Level 4 would be the 'trigger' for the extra slots in my mind for this.

Otherwise, the 3 slots per row will be spread out a bit more to fill the space. Setting up an 'if/then' for spacing is pretty easy to do in the code for the screen, I've done such things before.

My thinking is that if the girlpack thing really takes off, and people start modding in say some of SR7's other gals, or add their own suitable artwork, having extra slots to show off the gals might not be a bad thing.

But REST assured, the 'core' SU Rebuilt will show 3 slots per row instead of 4.

Also, Wonder Batgirl was just me making sure that there was enough room for Wonder Woman's name in those spots.

I wanted to be happy with this before I started coding in this screen, so now on to (finally) tackling the SU Rebuilt (Ren'Py) coding for this screen.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In other news, apparently Henry Cavill's services are no longer required r.e. Superman.

James Gunn has a vision, that doesn't include Henry.

I personally loved where the DCEU was going with things, and if that chapter of DC movies is being slammed shut, well sure there have been other people who played Superman (George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, etc.) in other chapters for other eras. And James Gunn has a talent for making entertaining films, so not ruling the future out.

But that look that Superman gives Batman in Justice League when he is resurrected is burned into my brain, and I'll always think of Cavill's portrayal of Superman when thinking of the character.

Here's Snarky Jay's take (she's a hot cosplayer chick/youtuber):

Not knocking the guy that plays Clark Kent/Superman on the CW either (Superman and Lois is watchable), Or Tim Daly's voice from the Superman animated series, but yeah.

Tim Daly's and Henry Cavill's voices are invoked interchangeably in my head whenever I wonder if there's a Superman sprite in the SU sprites folder.

I guess that Dwayne Johnson won't get his wish to play Black Adam alongside Henry Cavill's Superman now...
:(

15.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes