Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Nov 10, 2022
I'm not very good with Photoshop like some teachers here. but I defend myself a little. I leave something here for a true master of the art to take over, maybe something with the back guards of Penguin, Jay, Raven and Lark, or something with the Iceberg Lounge.

Reactions: Bicba

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, quick update on my own SU Rebuilt progress as I help xMendoza put SU Rebuilt together.

xMendoza has been working on scenes while I focus on building the Girl Management Screen. I'm working towards this mockup that I shared yesterday as I code things in for said screen, with some extra tweaks.

This is what I have 'ingame' in my Demo/WIP Build so far:

I'm still adjusting and tweaking things as I go along. I mentioned earlier that adding an unlockable fourth slot in each performance group could maybe be an optional rule when upgrading the Glamour Slam or Meta Bordello to Level 4, so I wanted to show how 3 slots per row vs. 4 slots per row would look. So about those optional rules...

Here's one way that said optional rules might be displayed, so that players are aware of what optional rules might be available.

SU_Rebuilt_Preferences_OptionalRulesWIP.jpg

I photoshopped the checkboxes and optional rules descriptions into this screenshot of the Preferences screen.

My idea here is that once an optional rule is 'activated', that it would remain activated for that particular game, so as to not 'mess up' the game flow/prevent accidental unchecking of options once activated.

I had mentioned earlier that the 'empty space' below the Preferences settings might be a good place to show which optional rules were in play. It might make more sense to have an 'ingame' screen that does this instead, but it's a thought at least.

This window would be scrollable of course as needed. Note that I already have a 'switch' coded/ready to go for adding extra slots to the GS/MB.

As for the 'need' for extra slots, well:

1) Just because I could make it happen
2) If the 'girlpacks' idea takes off, and people end up adding a dozen or more new characters that aren't in the 'Official' SU Unity build, well if the girl pool is larger it may make sense to have more slots to put them into, giving them something else to do besides just occupying cells. Cell grind fatigue is a thing ya know...
3) The reason I am showing different 'extra slot' options for the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello is for situations where only a few extra girl packs are added, so a player might want extra Glamour Slam slots but not extra Meta Bordello slots as a 'game balance' kind of thing...

A 'maintenance/overhead fee' option to reduce income when enabling extra slots could also be a thought, for game balance purposes, or just to slow down income generation a bit. Income generation gets a little ridiculous money-wise in the late game currently in SU Unity, but I digress...

Anyways, I just wanted to share my progress. Again, a SU Rebuilt Ren'Py Community Version Game Development thread would be more ideal for posts like this one. I may just start pointing y'all at my own project development thread (linked in my sig below) in the future to help reduce clutter in this thread, at least when discussing my efforts r.e. helping xMendoza out with this project, more fanart less blah blah!
:cool:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes