Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

monkmonk

Jul 20, 2018
Hello Ohwee,

How do you go about DMing XMendoza? I want to return to editing the English of his project.

Your work with the UI looks incredible, btw. It's beautiful, frankly.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hello Ohwee,

How do you go about DMing XMendoza? I want to return to editing the English of his project.

Your work with the UI looks incredible, btw. It's beautiful, frankly.
I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you are allowed to DM.

Cult of Ape

Oct 11, 2017
@ everyone,

Again, this is BARELY Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart related, but I'm sure y'all are excited about this...

So, I need to talk about where I'm at with building a backbone for SU Rebuilt. We probably should call it 'SU Re-Imagined' at this point as there are some visual differences that I've leaned into, as you may have noticed...

Anyways, yeah the backbone framework that I've been building for xMendoza and y'all is far enough along that I almost feel comfortable with releasing it to the modding community. I just want to do some final testing first.

As for SU game art, I'll basically just be including just enough to show off the framework. Others may make a bunch of the other art available later, and start adding the various scenes and such as such things are coded and added to future builds.

I do plan to use said framework (with my own art/renders) in future projects of my own, just to be clear, but of course as far as SU Rebuilt (SU Reimagined) are concerned, yeah it's for the F95Zone SU fanart/modder community to go hog wild with! If for some unknown reason someone else (say GS Games) wanted to utilize said framework for something, feel free to PM me.

As for the 'stylistic' changes, that's a work in progress, but this screenshot probably best encapsulates what I'm trying to convey:

There's still a lot of work to be done, but for now the Girl Profile screen that I created here currently does pretty much everything you need to do r.e. girls schedules and their devices. The management screen is framed out, but not fully implemented yet. I'll get to that after I get another project done, but it's not absolutely needed right now (everything it can do can be done in other ways currently in the current framework) so it'll keep.

Villainesses, heists and 'not temporarily implemented' capture routines, etc. still need to be implemented, but this backbone easily allows for such things.

But I'll explain all of that in detail once I'm sufficiently satisfied that I've dealt with all of the bugs I can find in the current framework that I have.

This will be the next thing that I work on r.e. the framework, as cells/rooms are needed to have room/cell scenes...

But it'll be a bit before I actually tackle this. The 'framework' artwork is ready to go, but I still need to build the code framework that actually uses said art...

xMendoza has been working on other sections of SU Rebuilt, mainly Tala's shop and the Glamour Slam. I've implemented some of said code into the backbone, but I'm sure I've missed a few things between December 3rd and Now from xMendoza's end. So there will be a followup release once xMendoza and others have had a chance to poke around in the framework that I've set up, and have decided if they like it or not...

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Soon...
:cool:
You´re doing god´s work! Can´t wait to try modding/adding new artwork.

Anon747

Aug 6, 2019
@ everyone,

Again, this is BARELY Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart related, but I'm sure y'all are excited about this...

So, I need to talk about where I'm at with building a backbone for SU Rebuilt. We probably should call it 'SU Re-Imagined' at this point as there are some visual differences that I've leaned into, as you may have noticed...

Anyways, yeah the backbone framework that I've been building for xMendoza and y'all is far enough along that I almost feel comfortable with releasing it to the modding community. I just want to do some final testing first.

As for SU game art, I'll basically just be including just enough to show off the framework. Others may make a bunch of the other art available later, and start adding the various scenes and such as such things are coded and added to future builds.

I do plan to use said framework (with my own art/renders) in future projects of my own, just to be clear, but of course as far as SU Rebuilt (SU Reimagined) are concerned, yeah it's for the F95Zone SU fanart/modder community to go hog wild with! If for some unknown reason someone else (say GS Games) wanted to utilize said framework for something, feel free to PM me.

As for the 'stylistic' changes, that's a work in progress, but this screenshot probably best encapsulates what I'm trying to convey:

There's still a lot of work to be done, but for now the Girl Profile screen that I created here currently does pretty much everything you need to do r.e. girls schedules and their devices. The management screen is framed out, but not fully implemented yet. I'll get to that after I get another project done, but it's not absolutely needed right now (everything it can do can be done in other ways currently in the current framework) so it'll keep.

Villainesses, heists and 'not temporarily implemented' capture routines, etc. still need to be implemented, but this backbone easily allows for such things.

But I'll explain all of that in detail once I'm sufficiently satisfied that I've dealt with all of the bugs I can find in the current framework that I have.

This will be the next thing that I work on r.e. the framework, as cells/rooms are needed to have room/cell scenes...

But it'll be a bit before I actually tackle this. The 'framework' artwork is ready to go, but I still need to build the code framework that actually uses said art...

xMendoza has been working on other sections of SU Rebuilt, mainly Tala's shop and the Glamour Slam. I've implemented some of said code into the backbone, but I'm sure I've missed a few things between December 3rd and Now from xMendoza's end. So there will be a followup release once xMendoza and others have had a chance to poke around in the framework that I've set up, and have decided if they like it or not...

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Soon...
dude, I gotta say Im very impressed by this. The UI in the game specially with the location options is so bad and Im glad to see someone actually doing a better version.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, y'all, my 'Tech Demo backbone framework' SU Rebuilt thingie that I'm helping xMendoza with is live:

https://f95zone.to/threads/enthrall...and-my-other-works-projects.3381/post-9737339

Don't get too excited yet, as xMendoza needs to get up to speed with this, he's seeing it for the first time too. If some of you want to join the 'bugslaying' ranks, and don't mind tech demos, feel free to download, but let's not let the Sprite Re-Mix thread get turned into a bugslaying thread for some tech demo. PM xMendoza or myself.

Suggestions, thoughts, etc. are always appreciated of course!

Please do NOT share this link in the SU Unity thread as of yet, as xMendoza needs some time to put in the stuff that he's been working on in the last several weeks. When he posts an updated version with his edits, that might be a good time to share, but until then, well I'd like to keep the number of eyes on this thing a bit smaller if that makes sense. We know that you fanart types have been wanting something like this to maybe show off your fanart in, hence why I'm sharing the link here.

Also, Krull , etc.. I have an idea for one part of Su Re-Imagined/Re-built where we could use wallpapers. Essentially when you hit the 'next night' button, a new wallpaper could be shown each night, chosen randomly or by some other method. Well it's a thought I had anyways... When you see Giganta and Sapphire at the lake, that's where I'm thinking that other wallpapers would be cool!

Enjoy and Happy New Year or whatever!
OhWee

bayoassman

Jan 11, 2020
OK, y'all, my 'Tech Demo backbone framework' SU Rebuilt thingie that I'm helping xMendoza with is live:

https://f95zone.to/threads/enthrall...and-my-other-works-projects.3381/post-9737339

Don't get too excited yet, as xMendoza needs to get up to speed with this, he's seeing it for the first time too. If some of you want to join the 'bugslaying' ranks, and don't mind tech demos, feel free to download, but let's not let the Sprite Re-Mix thread get turned into a bugslaying thread for some tech demo. PM xMendoza or myself.

Suggestions, thoughts, etc. are always appreciated of course!

Please do NOT share this link in the SU Unity thread as of yet, as xMendoza needs some time to put in the stuff that he's been working on in the last several weeks. When he posts an updated version with his edits, that might be a good time to share, but until then, well I'd like to keep the number of eyes on this thing a bit smaller if that makes sense. We know that you fanart types have been wanting something like this to maybe show off your fanart in, hence why I'm sharing the link here.

Also, Krull , etc.. I have an idea for one part of Su Re-Imagined/Re-built where we could use wallpapers. Essentially when you hit the 'next night' button, a new wallpaper could be shown each night, chosen randomly or by some other method. Well it's a thought I had anyways... When you see Giganta and Sapphire at the lake, that's where I'm thinking that other wallpapers would be cool!

Enjoy and Happy New Year or whatever!
OhWee
Demo so far is fantastic. The UI and User Experience are head and shoulders above Sunsetriders7 's work. Can't wait to see how this goes.

I do want to report some crashes. Basically any time the player tries to change a girl's costume, there is an error. (Tala/ Roulette)

If I can make a suggestion for future features, I think it would be cool if cheats could be implemented via Lex's computer. ie embezzling stocks for the money cheat.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Demo so far is fantastic. The UI and User Experience are head and shoulders above Sunsetriders7 's work. Can't wait to see how this goes.

I do want to report some crashes. Basically any time the player tries to change a girl's costume, there is an error. (Tala/ Roulette)

If I can make a suggestion for future features, I think it would be cool if cheats could be implemented via Lex's computer. ie embezzling stocks for the money cheat.
As regards suggestions, one of the main drivers for doing this has been the desire to have a parallel Modded version that allows for drop-in girlpacks, new events/locations/mechanics etc.
I do like the idea of incorporating what is currently a cheat into the gameplay in this manner, but it will likely have to wait until a bit further down the road

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
OhWee , is a nice idea, but my take on it would be performance, so faster load time/transitions, people can watch those outside the game and take their time with it.
Then again, i don't know the insides of coding, if the framework allows it, it's smart and good idea, load screens are a product of pc performance gaps, some ppl might take a while to load instances so at least they have something to look at instead of a black screen, as long that element doesn't cause more performance issues itself.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
I copy in this thread my opinion of the demo that I have added in the other one for general interest:

I have tried the demo and it looks very good the version is an incredible job when more mechanics are added it can be spectacular

While we're at it, I have a suggestion/mechanic that might be of interest to you.

Improvements for glamour slam when you improve the place allow to include some special improvements such as a bar counter or sexy waitresses which could mean a small amount of extra money passively which would facilitate the beginning when you are low on money and reduce grinding

For example, by improving it to the level 1 being able to buy the bar improvement that provides 10% extra income per day when selling drinks to customers and if you don't have girls because they are all resting, for example, it will provide you with a fixed income of between 100 and 300 dollars a day minimum for at least if you only have one girl at the beginning and you have to send her to rest so that the days she rests are not a loss of benefits

and what was said later, have other options to increase the passive income of the premises for future more expensive improvements

how to take advantage of the security cameras (apart from for some quest) transmit the shows over the internet to "lexflix" in exchange for a subscription or things like that

So not only could you personalize the place a little more, but also ensure that even if you don't have girls working there, you can at least ensure X amounts of fixed benefits per day

The improvements would not necessarily have to be related to money, there may be others that reduce the fatigue of the girls or increase their corruption or allow you to access other special uniforms...

and i found 2 bugs

1 girls can't be assigned to strip slot (go from dance to eroplay)

2 upgrading glamor slam a second time blocks game progress

And I don't know if this is an error or it is not yet implemented in the demo but there is no way to see the dance actions of the other girls or of Batgirl herself except the first time she appears

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Krull

Loading pic times in Ren'Py is extremely fast. So loading your wallpapers (sizing them first at 1920 x 1080, preferably as .jpgs but .pngs don't load noticably slower, it's just more 'polite' as far as download size to use .jpg). There's webp too, but then the whole 'does your viewer support webp' thing comes up, which is why I still fall back on .jpg so much. .pngs for when transparency is needed...

It wouldn't load any slower than what you see now with the Star Sapphire and Galatea at the lake scene.

So it just comes down to if you like the idea of your art being featured or not. It'd be it's own separate thing anyways/not in any 'core builds' that I might share, just noting that adding your wallpapers to the 'end of night' routines could be fun if you are game. This applies to any other people making wallpapers, etc. and each player could easily 'customize' which wallpapers they want to see by just including the ones they want.

I'd still need to set up the 'read folder' code. And come up with a 'standard naming convention' for consistency's sake.

bayoassman

Yeah I didn't get that far in my own playtesting. Too focused on getting my part of the backbone working. I pasted in xMendoza's code but didn't get that far in my own playtesting, as I wanted to get this thing out before January hit...
So my bad, and I appreciate the report!

My goal was to get what I had to xMendoza as quickly as I could with 'my end' working, so that he could pick things up from there. He's more familiar with his own code so he should be able to fix those easy peasy if he likes the new framework. I'll probably take a stab at it at some point though after I finish working on other things (read: Living Quarters and Management Screen) if he hasn't put up an updated build by then. Apparently he doesn't appreciate my 'mysterious shadow gal' humor...

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes