Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
OhWee , i see game building as architecture and you are the civil engineer, i'm stuck at blueprints just :ROFLMAO: , so yes, go for it.(y)
You all are doing fantastic on the progress for it. Krull, I do hope you'll take part in this. Having some GTA-esque loading screens for this game would be dope. Side note, I can't believe I never asked for a Roulette wallpaper. XD

• Haha
Reactions: Krull and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee , i see game building as architecture and you are the civil engineer, i'm stuck at blueprints just :ROFLMAO: , so yes, go for it.(y)
When I get to that point, Krull, it'll look something like this...

BlackCanaryKrullWallpaperTa.jpg

With different dialogue probably, but yeah this'll best explain where I'm thinking that wallpapers like this would be awesome! Mostly the end of day/beginning of day stuff when Lex checks his computer/tablet before starting/ending his day...

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
When I get to that point, Krull, it'll look something like this...

View attachment 2279423

With different dialogue probably, but yeah this'll best explain where I'm thinking that wallpapers like this would be awesome! Mostly the end of day/beginning of day stuff when Lex checks his computer/tablet before starting/ending his day...
I see now, with context not just a loading screen, i like how think, it's practical.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Krull

Yes, the idea is that the wallpapers on Lex's computer will change each day/night. So a 'cheap/easy' way to incorporate wallpaper fanart into the game, in a context that makes sense. 'Cuz y'all make such awesome wallpapers!
:love:

Reactions: Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Krull

Yes, the idea is that the wallpapers on Lex's computer will change each day/night. So a 'cheap/easy' way to incorporate wallpaper fanart into the game, in a context that makes sense. 'Cuz y'all make such awesome wallpapers!
:love:
I wouldn't say is cheap, is simple and on the subject that's base, no matter how elaborate you may or may not push and if you push too much it will deviate from the oc art style, thou in this case i think is the best choice, is enough for what it represents and like you said it makes sense.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
I got it, ideas for wallpapers for Roulette

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MusicVideoGuy

Feb 28, 2018
So I finally got the asset extractor working and I'm gonna recommend some kind of simple image Upscaler like Waifu2x or the like. The asset extractor is a freaking goldmine(I was so dim for wasting all that time using quick select tool or color range in photoshop to select bodies), but some of these objects are at smallish resolutions compared to how big the girl/guy bodies or heads are depending on the scene. It's way better looking to shrink down a larger object with resize in photoshop than it is to enlarge a smaller one, so for things like droplets or small puddles of cum it can help quite a bit to upscale those assets and THEN shrink them down to fit the proportions of the scene.

What I've also noticed is it's better NOT to do noise reduction in Waifu2x because Sunset adds noise to his art, and if you select noise reduction in Waifu2x you lose that grainy quality and the skin looks glossy instead of like the source material. Unless of course that's exactly what you want, but just trying to inform.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Good work with panels
It would be great if it was interactive and that it was updated depending on the percentage of corruption progress, unlocking new information or clues to unlock other characters or things like that

Reactions: whateverbruh3575

NuYellow

May 2, 2021
What I've also noticed is it's better NOT to do noise reduction in Waifu2x because Sunset adds noise to his art, and if you select noise reduction in Waifu2x you lose that grainy quality and the skin looks glossy instead of like the source material. Unless of course that's exactly what you want, but just trying to inform.
You'd have to beware if Sunset use a noise brush/texutre regarding this. Because some (I cant tell all, Killer Frost was the one I remember most, but I couldnt think of another for the moment) art definately are draw in the more glossy setting. Here is the example, left one is from KF's jail scene.
Example.jpg
Still I think there are times you might want to reduce noise over the character, but it is almost always during the last step to make such adjustment to the overall edit.
Harley example.png
Whether it come from previous colour layers overlapping or the original body has different noise setting, you can sense the incoherence between the face and body shading. You would find that to be more obvious with characters that has a very "extreme" colour skin tone (like Vixen, Crush, Raven or Star Sapphire). Especially Crush, the editing process is just an absolute nightmare, I can only merely merge 80% her skin tone with other characters' body at GIMP, still trying to find how to do at PS.

Photoshop is rather convenient to apply colour filter compare to GIMP(aside from the initial skin colour changing, it's easier for me to do that at GIMP ftm). After twisting the Light Contrast, Vbirance and reduce noise... yada yada. The end result can be sth like this with noise reduced to sth approximately closer the face with better . Left is original flesh out from GIMP, Right is after filter applied.
Colour adjust result.png

However, to be honest the entire process doesnt exactly feels necessary, the difference are hardly noticeable to most people and you might ended up editing the same pic over and over again each time you sense "SOMETHING'S NOT QUITE RIGHT". But here is my take nonetheless.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020
Good work with panels
It would be great if it was interactive and that it was updated depending on the percentage of corruption progress, unlocking new information or clues to unlock other characters or things like that
Thanks, though I should let you know these are just edits using the assets in the game lol, I'm not nearly good enough at coding to try to do the stuff that OhWee or XMendoza are doing lmao.
Anyways, here are four more

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes