Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
Did some wallpapers starring you know who.
As ShadoWarrior stated it's a little rough. Look up the Asset Bundle Extractor here on F95 and it will get you the clean PNG files so you don't have to cut the character out of their gray backgrouds. Also, a lot of the pics are made up of different parts. Meaing the arms, face, hair, body, ext can all be their own pics which are all combined and Asset Extractor will get you all those parts. Will inculd Wonder Woman as an example down below. The benefit is you can combine parts to create your own unique pic

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 28, 2018
I use GIMP but I know the main issue is not every pixel is being selected so I need to find the settings to adjust it.

Speaking of art extraction, there's so much bloat from the very first builds with Roulette gif and then Lois after that.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note...

Photoshop CS2 is availabe FOR FREE on Archive.org...

Actually it's the whole CS2 creative suite that's available, but yeah... Adobe offered it for free on their servers for a number of years, but eventually deleted it from their public facing servers 'cuz you know, subscription model...

Anyways, the associated serial numbers for the various creative suite products are on the page I linked to along with the downloads.

Photoshop CS2, despite being older, does work on Windows 10. There's a weird glitch where the screen will get 'stuck' on top of your other windows, but minimizing the app will move this stuff out of the way. Hey, it's free, so yeah...

Reactions: Krull and Jimwalrus

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
I use GIMP but I know the main issue is not every pixel is being selected so I need to find the settings to adjust it.

Speaking of art extraction, there's so much bloat from the very first builds with Roulette gif and then Lois after that.
Yeah i think it has to do with the game engine. It might not except video formats like Renpy does so for a smooth animation they have to insert every single frame for the video. I just created a new folder and put the files in their.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Yeah i think it has to do with the game engine. It might not except video formats like Renpy does so for a smooth animation they have to insert every single frame for the video. I just created a new folder and put the files in their.
And I'm quite with all of your editing skills, I do want to ask if you could help with my request. I got an idea for another wallpaper, and I could really use the edited sprites.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018

In gimp you are looking for the "threshold" when using that fuzzy select tool. It defaults at 15 but if you raise it it will get closer to the black lines, although it will start cutting off the more faded pixels that give the lines some of their detail if you go too high.

And yes the animations being hundred and hundreds of frames is always a pain to clear out of the folder each time there is an update.

Reactions: MysteriousMaple

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Wallpaper

ShadowWarrior as OhWee mentioned in an above post you can grab a photoshop copy from the net and start working on these ideas of yours cause you sure have a lot of them, which is a good thing but you need to make one extra step and bring them into light yourself, don't be just the dreamer, become the architect of your dreams.

Don't take this wrong, but you have put things in perspective, i'm not eternal ,nor made of steel or live in timeless bubble devoid of ideas, dreams, guilty pleasures,problems etc... of my own and sooner or later i too will be gone from this world.

You clearly have a liking for it and plenty of ideas, is not rocket science and i am far from being a master of the digital art, mastery requires an enormous time, dedication (basically is all you breathe minus the necessary body functions needed to live and even those sometimes get forgotten when you caught in the fires of creation) and expansion (think of Leonardo da Vinci, he took the study of drawing and pushed it into painting, sculpting and inventions, that's a true master and visionary),
but all you need is a understanding of your tools , ideas/imagination, patience and some time, even if 1h a day, doesn't matter, you are your own master, there's no deadlines to fulfill and no obligations to anyone, so take your time and bring those ideas of yours to life.

The greatest creation of them all is life seconded by art and none of them are without sacrifice and pain, those are to reminds us of their importance and to not transform them into a mockery of human condition and spirit as some failed to understand.

That's what art is, the human spirit, you don't have to be a musician to like music... but there's also nothing stopping you to become one, is part of you and there where choice comes next, to be or not to be.

Last edited:

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Wallpaper

ShadowWarrior as OhWee mentioned in an above post you can grab a photoshop copy from the net and start working on these ideas of yours cause you sure have a lot of them, which is a good thing but you need to make one extra step and bring them into light yourself, don't be just the dreamer, become the architect of your dreams.

Don't take this wrong, but you have put things in perspective, i'm not eternal ,nor made of steel or live in timeless bubble devoid of ideas, dreams, guilty pleasures,problems etc... of my own and sooner or later i too will be gone from this world.

You clearly have a liking for it and plenty of ideas, is not rocket science and i am far from being a master of the digital art, mastery requires an enormous time, dedication (basically is all you breathe minus the necessary body functions needed to live and even those sometimes get forgotten when you caught in the fires of creation) and expansion (think of Leonardo da Vinci, he took the study of drawing and pushed it into painting, sculpting and inventions, that's a true master and visionary),
but all you need is a understanding of your tools , ideas/imagination, patience and some time, even if 1h a day, doesn't matter, you are your own master, there's no deadlines to fulfill and no obligations to anyone, so take your time and bring those ideas of yours to life.

The greatest creation of them all is life seconded by art and none of them are without sacrifice and pain, those are to reminds us of their importance and to not transform them into a mockery of human condition and spirit as some failed to understand.

That's what art is, the human spirit, you don't have to be a musician to like music... but there's also nothing stopping you to become one, is part of you and there where choice comes next, to be or not to be.
Seriously good post there Krull, both the WP and the philosophy.

As I've said before, I'm using MSPaint3D (can't get to grips with GIMP, will be trying Photoshop from the link later) with a normal mouse and have absolutely no artistic talent* - it severely restricts what I can do, but I'm still able to turn out stuff that people like.
Don't feel you have to share what you create, if that's something that may be holding you back. Make it for yourself, it will be good. Share it if you want, this thread is very kind.

Hell, maybe make something, PM it to me for feedback before putting it up on here?

N.B. If you do decide to use MSPaint3D, it is 'shaved-chimpanzee simple' to use. The Magic Select tool is your friend, as is the transparency slider.

*Farting doesn't count as art. Or so my high school art teacher informed me.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Seriously good post there Krull, both the WP and the philosophy.

As I've said before, I'm using MSPaint3D (can't get to grips with GIMP, will be trying Photoshop from the link later) with a normal mouse and have absolutely no artistic talent* - it severely restricts what I can do, but I'm still able to turn out stuff that people like.
Don't feel you have to share what you create, if that's something that may be holding you back. Make it for yourself, it will be good. Share it if you want, this thread is very kind.

Hell, maybe make something, PM it to me for feedback before putting it up on here?

N.B. If you do decide to use MSPaint3D, it is 'shaved-chimpanzee simple' to use. The Magic Select tool is your friend, as is the transparency slider.

*Farting doesn't count as art. Or so my high school art teacher informed me.
No, that's not the problem , i took a commitment that consumes most of my time, close to zero social life, no holidays, it can be the apocalypse outside i still have to do my duty and that's ok, it was my choice.

The point was that there's no person out there able to fulfill every idea of another without sacrifice at least, so is best to try jump into it yourself otherwise you might end up disappointment with or without the will of the one you put your hopes in.

I did 2 years of art school back in my days, plus some private lessons, i got my hands dirty from simple drawing, mechanical crayons, charcoal,oils, water colors, to canvas, glass, wood painting and wood sculpting, i can handle some of the classical ways , digital however requires it's own study, the mechanical component of it if you already comfortable with free hand, that requires time i don't have and i am more partial to the old ways, they feel more organic despite the messiness and cost, i had to make my own colors back then, i don't want to think how expensive it got now.

As for the farts, i don't know, some managed to do an art in the form of comedic relief, there's a place and time for everything.

And for who wants to start drawing this little guy is the most basic starting point (proportions + jointing points), is what this art style is based on as well and the ability to recreate what you visualize with the naked eye, that's how i started, my uncle noticed i was keep playing with coloring crayons and drew one these for me and rest he left to my imagination (that was all he knew, he was a tram driver).

istockphoto-905347946-170667a.jpg

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
No, that's not the problem , i took a commitment that consumes most of my time, close to zero social life, no holidays, it can be the apocalypse outside i still have to do my duty and that's ok, it was my choice.

The point was that there's no person out there able to fulfill every idea of another without sacrifice at least, so is best to try jump into it yourself otherwise you might end up disappointment with or without the will of the one you put your hopes in.

I did 2 years of art school back in my days, plus some private lessons, i got my hands dirty from simple drawing, mechanical crayons, charcoal,oils, water colors, to canvas, glass, wood painting and wood sculpting, i can handle some of the classical ways , digital however requires it's own study, the mechanical component of it if you already comfortable with free hand, that requires time i don't have and i am more partial to the old ways, they feel more organic despite the messiness and cost, i had to make my own colors back then, i don't want to think how expensive it got now.

As for the farts, i don't know, some managed to do an art in the form of comedic relief, there's a place and time for everything.

And for who wants to start drawing this little guy is the most basic starting point (proportions + jointing points), is what this art style is based on as well and the ability to recreate what you visualize with the naked eye, that's how i started, my uncle noticed i was keep playing with coloring crayons and drew one these for me and rest he left to my imagination (that was all he knew, he was a tram driver).

View attachment 2271000
Apologies Krull, other than the first sentence the rest of my post was intended for ShadowWarrior!

Reactions: Krull
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes