Jun 22, 2017
Last edited:

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
My, admittedly poor, attempt to create a 'hero' costume for Blackfire. After all, Starfire gets a 'villain' costume, I think its only fair that Blackfire should get a hero costume. Unfortunately, I lack any sort of artistic ability, so this is the best I can do.
View attachment 2342630
It's quite good,i like it and besides we are here to have fun not make money.

Wallpaper

monkmonk

Jul 20, 2018
My, admittedly poor, attempt to create a 'hero' costume for Blackfire. After all, Starfire gets a 'villain' costume, I think its only fair that Blackfire should get a hero costume. Unfortunately, I lack any sort of artistic ability, so this is the best I can do.
View attachment 2342630
I love it! I love the short skirt and crop top. Great job! Can't wait to see more!

truechimaera

Mar 30, 2018
It's quite good,i like it and besides we are here to have fun not make money.
Thank you. But its not about being good enough to make money. I just wish I was creative enough to come up with a proper design, and artistic enough to actually create something. All the edits here have been amazing, people even creating entirely new characters from what was left. My work is little more than copy paste compared to that.

I love it! I love the short skirt and crop top. Great job! Can't wait to see more!
Thank you. I just took her hooker top and made it 'opaque' so her nipples didn't show through, raised the one side and trimmed the 'pokie' from the other so she wouldn't get arrested for wearing it in public, and then combined it with the skirt and belt from her normal costume. And I recolored her lips because I like red lipstick more than purple. Very basic work, really. Most of it was done with either Gimp or microsoft paint, because I don't really have the skill to do anything more complex.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Thank you. But its not about being good enough to make money. I just wish I was creative enough to come up with a proper design, and artistic enough to actually create something. All the edits here have been amazing, people even creating entirely new characters from what was left. My work is little more than copy paste compared to that.

Thank you. I just took her hooker top and made it 'opaque' so her nipples didn't show through, raised the one side and trimmed the 'pokie' from the other so she wouldn't get arrested for wearing it in public, and then combined it with the skirt and belt from her normal costume. And I recolored her lips because I like red lipstick more than purple. Very basic work, really. Most of it was done with either Gimp or microsoft paint, because I don't really have the skill to do anything more complex.
Sounds like my methodology! The 'artistry' will come or it won't (and it's hardly the end of the world - it's fan art*, it's supposed to be derivative!!).
Either way, this is a kind space to share stuff.

One thing I try is a quick & dirty assemblage of the likely best sprites in MSPaint3D to check proportions, suitability and composition.
That way you're not too far in before realising you really should've used a different body sprite for the character, or whatever.

*technically it's fan art of fan art!

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017

I feel ya on not having the artistic ability. Wish i could draw which would enable me to create things i otherwise can't. All i can do is sprite bash. But i do it for fun and it's helped me learn paint.net, my editor program. Also, there is a lack of melanin mama's.
Rocket x Nightwing.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
I didn't meant money as in scope but more from a urgency point of view.
As for being creative, no one is born creative, we are all born emotional; intellect and body are things we need to work on if we want to further ourselves, like creativity, perspective, strength both physical and mental, agility... etc.

So don't be too harsh on yourself, just keep practice; repetition , reference, perspective are things that can help.
We are all stupid after all, in the sense there's no human being out there that knows and does it all, due to the fact we are mortal beings so you can only learn as much as you live and that's just simply not enough for everything, so is best to focus as much as possible on things you enjoy, but always have perspective in the thought process, don't see just one side of a cube, see them all to be able to have a better understanding and drawn a better conclusion.

Here's a little something to put things in perspective, although i admit the lower part (body) is quite rudimentary, but none the less, if you observe is all based on geometry and what is important to see there is the use of trapezoid shape and the splitting in half while subtracting two equal equilateral triangle from upper/lower extremes where the arms/legs connect to shoulders/hips will give you a torso shape you can build upon and if you split the upper trapezoid in half will give you the starting point of the pectorals/breasts and the line between the chest and belly is where you start to close the curvature of the lower part of said parts.

As for the head is quite explanatory and of course you can further your knowledge with other sources of learning out there, this is a more simple and basic approach to, like i said, give a little perspective to build upon, for more advance learning you have to take all this into a 3D space of these geometric shapes.

My apologizes for the long text is not something i like, but i do hope it did help even a bit and weren't just words for the sake of words.

example.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes