R4ggy

Dec 9, 2019
I'd much rather they flesh out what we already have than add new stuff. Not that I don't love Harely 2 but all I can say is that I'm glad she came in finished.

ChefGoldblum

Mar 1, 2018
Yeah. After jerking themselves off about consistency of releasing on time, then scrapping that and giving them a week window they didn't get a single update out on time last year. It took two weeks minimum after they started spoilers for each update. Even after phoning in an update saying it was under-the-hood work to make updates easier to implement. They should change their patreon model to be by-the-update payment but then they couldn't scam people anymore. :KEK:

frostshotgg

Aug 22, 2020
So whats the deal with Something Universe Rebuilt? Is that the one i should be playing? Or is it not caught up to the original yet

buff

May 29, 2017
Yeah. After jerking themselves off about consistency of releasing on time, then scrapping that and giving them a week window they didn't get a single update out on time last year. It took two weeks minimum after they started spoilers for each update. Even after phoning in an update saying it was under-the-hood work to make updates easier to implement. They should change their patreon model to be by-the-update payment but then they couldn't scam people anymore. :KEK:
The longer the release cycle, the harder it is to deliver. I speak as a person that has been developing software for a living since 1999.

It makes me sad that in 100.00% of Patreon votes when the dev says "Should I keep releasing every month, or go to a longer cycle because that way I will get more work done [because I hate having to do the release bullshit-- package up the files, write the changelog, playtest, fix the bugs, etc etc and want to do that fewer times per year]" the patrons will vote "sure, longer is fine" because they think that the dev will be happier and they will get more total content per year. This almost never works out.

Shorter cycles add release overhead, yes. Developers are annoyed by that, yes. But they greatly reduce the total amount of time spent debugging, and do a hell of a lot of good in forcing devs to break their work up into manageable chunks.

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
The longer the release cycle, the harder it is to deliver. I speak as a person that has been developing software for a living since 1999.

It makes me sad that in 100.00% of Patreon votes when the dev says "Should I keep releasing every month, or go to a longer cycle because that way I will get more work done [because I hate having to do the release bullshit-- package up the files, write the changelog, playtest, fix the bugs, etc etc and want to do that fewer times per year]" the patrons will vote "sure, longer is fine" because they think that the dev will be happier and they will get more total content per year. This almost never works out.

Shorter cycles add release overhead, yes. Developers are annoyed by that, yes. But they greatly reduce the total amount of time spent debugging, and do a hell of a lot of good in forcing devs to break their work up into manageable chunks.
I guarantee they're wasting a whole lot of time doing jackshit because they think "It's okay, i've got 2 months and an extra ~1 week window" to put out some content". I know that because that's exactly what i'd do if I don't feel enough pressure.

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
I guarantee they're wasting a whole lot of time doing jackshit because they think "It's okay, i've got 2 months and an extra ~1 week window" to put out some content". I know that because that's exactly what i'd do if I don't feel enough pressure.
Look the situation is actually really simple:
If you don't pay for the game you shut the fuck up regardless
If you pay for the game you stop doing it and the creator will get his head out of his ass eventually

Patreon is not a platform where you put in money and expect something in exchange, it's nothing more than a virtual tip jar.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Sooo we are getting Huntress I know that. Do we get Wonder Woman with this new upcoming patch?
You don't actually know we're getting Huntress. We saw her leash scene and there are multiple times we've seen a leash scene and that character is not in the next update.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
You don't actually know we're getting Huntress. We saw her leash scene and there are multiple times we've seen a leash scene and that character is not in the next update.
I mean yeah this is SU the game where we had Harley and got another Harley instead of literally anything else on the list, I thought their unpredictability was implied.

4.00 star(s) 156 Votes