MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
So i think i have the talia bug, after the yacht party she visited the office once. Then on the second day, when i clicked the office, the game crashed for the first time. I think it was supposed to be the second visit with the dance. Now she's not appearing.

I read on some post from 2019 that the only way to fix it would be editing the registry, but I've seen mention that editing the registry could brick your computer. Is that true? I can't imagine how, since you're just editing the game registry, maybe the most that could do is screw your game saves right? anyone with technical knowledge, thoughts?

It'll be so tedious to start again since I'm pretty deep into the game already... Any other solutions or suggestions?

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
If that speed up at least a little the releases-no problems.
Not to mention with the addition of the amazons,we are now at 70+ women in the game.
Hard to make that many different poses.
It's not hard to make that many poses it's just time consuming. Something Unlimited is not a complicated project, it's literally a slideshow with extra steps. The only thing worth anything in the project is art. The writing is bad, often blatantly racist, vaguely homophobic, and extremely repetitive. 90% of the content can be boiled down to the female characters arguing with Luthor until they give in, their resistance wanes, and they decide that they love his dick. The code is a mass of spaghetti when it doesn't have to be but SR7 refuses to even bring in a programmer in the short term to fix it up. Why? So he can justify doing a week or two worth of drawing, stretch it out over 8-16 weeks, and then release insignificant updates that are often weeks late, lacking in content, and filled with bugs that don't get fixed for months all while he earns tens of thousands of dollars. Your defence of the recycling of content is why Something Unlimited is so limited.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So i think i have the talia bug, after the yacht party she visited the office once. Then on the second day, when i clicked the office, the game crashed for the first time. I think it was supposed to be the second visit with the dance. Now she's not appearing.

I read on some post from 2019 that the only way to fix it would be editing the registry, but I've seen mention that editing the registry could brick your computer. Is that true? I can't imagine how, since you're just editing the game registry, maybe the most that could do is screw your game saves right? anyone with technical knowledge, thoughts?

It'll be so tedious to start again since I'm pretty deep into the game already... Any other solutions or suggestions?
You have to know the exact registry string for the game, the right variable(s) to alter, not touch anything else and pray whatever you did doesn't nuke either the game or your PC. Have fun

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
You have to know the exact registry string for the game, the right variable(s) to alter, not touch anything else and pray whatever you did doesn't nuke either the game or your PC. Have fun
Damn, its that extreme? well not worth it then, will probably replay it in a couple of years.

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, its that extreme? well not worth it then, will probably replay it in a couple of years.
I think I'll start off by saying that while I haven't touched the game in 2022, I'm running under the impression that the save system hasn't changed drastically during this break. So here goes:

I'd say the general risks come down to how familiar you are poking around in things with Regedit. If you've never had to open it before, this is probably not the best situation to learn the inner workings. If you already know your way around it then you can effectively use it like Cheat Engine while the game's opened, as I usually do since I ain't got the patience to wait for them clones to bake properly (disclaimer time, I do run this on Linux via Wine, so there's a lot less risk on my end.)

As for the entries themselves, while it's certainly not ideal for a game to save its progress in the bloody registry of all places, the bright side to it is that the entries are mainly all the flags being kept track of by the game and the names are English-enough that you can work out what does what (think of how a Renpy save looks like if you open it on Saveeditonline.)

That all said, by the sounds of it one of Talia's flags needs a little nudge of +1 to keep your game moving. Can't say more for sure right now since I'm still downloadin'.

Reactions: MangoTree

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
I think I'll start off by saying that while I haven't touched the game in 2022, I'm running under the impression that the save system hasn't changed drastically during this break. So here goes:

I'd say the general risks come down to how familiar you are poking around in things with Regedit. If you've never had to open it before, this is probably not the best situation to learn the inner workings. If you already know your way around it then you can effectively use it like Cheat Engine while the game's opened, as I usually do since I ain't got the patience to wait for them clones to bake properly (disclaimer time, I do run this on Linux via Wine, so there's a lot less risk on my end.)

As for the entries themselves, while it's certainly not ideal for a game to save its progress in the bloody registry of all places, the bright side to it is that the entries are mainly all the flags being kept track of by the game and the names are English-enough that you can work out what does what (think of how a Renpy save looks like if you open it on Saveeditonline.)

That all said, by the sounds of it one of Talia's flags needs a little nudge of +1 to keep your game moving. Can't say more for sure right now since I'm still downloadin'.
Thx for the explanation, and no i'm not familiar with regedit and wouldn't be willing to mess around with it for a game lol. Though luckily I decided to just skip several days in game and the talia event got triggered suddenly and didn't crash lol.

Ps: out of curiosity, if someone makes a mistake editing a value in this games save, could it potentially brick their system, or just their saves?

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Thx for the explanation, and no i'm not familiar with regedit and wouldn't be willing to mess around with it for a game lol. Though luckily I decided to just skip several days in game and the talia event got triggered suddenly and didn't crash lol.

Ps: out of curiosity, if someone makes a mistake editing a value in this games save, could it potentially brick their system, or just their saves?
The risk is non-zero, but it would require a very unusual set of circumstances and some ham-fistedness on your part to completely bugger up your Windows install. Most likely consequence of an error is simply badly bugging one of your three saves. Worst consequence (of those that have a reasonable possibility) would be rendering SU unuseable and needing a full reinstall.

Reactions: MangoTree
Oct 31, 2017
Well, nice to see that worked out for ya. Also you've got me curious on that crash, was it a full crash to desktop or did it hang on a black screen and you had to force close it? As my experience with the black screens is that though they are annoying, they don't affect the game progression too much.

Edit: Hmm, didn't notice Jimwalrus replied, and looking at it I see that my version was a little too casual on the subject. So what Jim said.

Last edited:

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
Well, nice to see that worked out for ya. Also you've got me curious on that crash, was it a full crash to desktop or did it hang on a black screen and you had to force close it? As my experience with the black screens is that though they are annoying, they don't affect the game progression too much.

Edit: Hmm, didn't notice Jimwalrus replied, and looking at it I see that my version was a little too casual on the subject. So what Jim said.
It hanged, then a notification popped up saying that the program isn't responding. Happened that one time in hours of gameplay.

4.00 star(s) 156 Votes