Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Well, you can enjoy that stuff and complaints about lazy developers and how %insertanothernsfwgamehere% is superior at every aspect pretty much in every thread with 10+ pages of discussion.
And it never gets old, too.
You think this thread is bad, you should try Summertime Saga. Where the Patreon pulls in over $50,000 a month and only puts out a ten minute update once every six months.

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
Has anyone messed around with the SU:rebuilt demo mentioned in the OP? I'm not holding my breath for it but curious if it is as much of an improvement as the statement indicates.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
Screenshots please
Sorry buddy, I still haven't gotten to saving up Cheshire's interactions (except her sportsmaster scene which I need to reshoot because I got a better monitor). And if 'I' don't have it, I doubt anyone else has taken the time to ss, folder and post anywhere.

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
Has anyone messed around with the SU:rebuilt demo mentioned in the OP? I'm not holding my breath for it but curious if it is as much of an improvement as the statement indicates.
It's not really good right now, but it wasn't supposed to be. It was actually just to show that they were seriously going through with it. The menus were hard to deal with, and there was VERY little content. The only plus, honestly, was that it was android compatible. But it wasn't something that people were actually supposed to play as a substitute for the real SU. I really kind of think they only even put it out there to shut up everyone who said it was just an April Fool's joke and wasn't going to ever happen.

Reactions: apostatefarm

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
It's not really good right now, but it wasn't supposed to be. It was actually just to show that they were seriously going through with it. The menus were hard to deal with, and there was VERY little content. The only plus, honestly, was that it was android compatible. But it wasn't something that people were actually supposed to play as a substitute for the real SU. I really kind of think they only even put it out there to shut up everyone who said it was just an April Fool's joke and wasn't going to ever happen.
I think it's a proof of concept more than anything. People know SU has issues and they are only going to get worse as time moves forward. Because the increasing size compounds the problems. REBUILT is proof that they are aware of the issues, have found a means to fix them, and have a second programmer going forwardto build REBUILT in tandem with the main project so that we, the players, know the game experience will be better in the (hopefully) near future.

There has always been a LOT of hostility here and accusations that the team is lazy or not pulling its weight, even with the history: there's a lull in content? oh wait, we got the Prison event. Another lull, then Yacht. Another lull, surprise Talia and Lady Shiva. The game is providing the updates it promised in the roadmap, usually adds another surprise or two (whether they credit it or not) and has work on REBUILT going on in the background.

Personal opinion: I wouldn't be surprised if by now REBUILT has added all complete content that won't have stuff added to its programming, something like the prison or yacht, but is clearly unreleasable because there are characters that must be released but haven't because there are new assets going into them or currently buggy / incomplete versions of characters.
Characters that are rightly being held off for asset changes (like with Harley and Batgirl's reanimations) but hold triggers for later scenes. (I could list a ton of em for Tala, Harley and even Roulette...)

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
Personal opinion: I wouldn't be surprised if by now REBUILT has added all complete content that won't have stuff added to its programming, something like the prison or yacht, but is clearly unreleasable because there are characters that must be released but haven't because there are new assets going into them or currently buggy / incomplete versions of characters.
Characters that are rightly being held off for asset changes (like with Harley and Batgirl's reanimations) but hold triggers for later scenes. (I could list a ton of em for Tala, Harley and even Roulette...)
Yeah, I agree that these guys get unfairly shot at in this forum. They put out a lot of content, and the fact that they are proactively reprogramming the entire game is pretty good stuff. Most devs would just say screw it and abandon the thing if it got unmanageable.
They said that they think the rebuild will be caught up by fall or winter, and then they'll switch everything over to the new system, and scrap the old one.

4.00 star(s) 156 Votes