zenzaxaznez

Jun 6, 2018
Which is why most of these games don't have them. Because adhering to a strict release date schedule for stuff like this is a recipe for disaster.
It's actually the opposite, because small, regular updates makes debugging easier.

Even if they didn't have public deadlines, they could still have internal ones. And while I agree that having deadlines helps people get things done, clearly it hasn't worked for this game seeing as how they don't meet the deadlines most of the time, or at least not consistently. All it's done for them at this point is make it look like they're mismanaging things and not meeting expectations.
Internal deadlines at Gunsmoke Games would equal no deadlines. Internal deadlines only work at a bigger company where heads might roll if they aren't met. Since Gunsmoke Games consists of two guys, there's never going to be any pressure.

I'm still of the opinion that no deadlines would slow down production of this game. Yes, we would have one less thing to complain about, but the produced content is all that matters, especially here on a pirate forum.

It's not lying it's simply stating a goal but not always being able to meet it.
True, it's not really lying. They're too optimistic with the stated release dates, and when an update is late they're pretty bad at informing supporters about it, at least on Patreon.

Since they're self-employed and their supporters aren't going anywhere, this behavior won't change.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
I know it's not intentional but how funny would it be if superman had some mental attraction to women with black hair

Lara had black hair

Martha had black hair when he arrived on earth

View attachment 1796743

And of course theirs Lois who has black hair and wears purple

Maybe he likes Lois because deep down he wants that maternal connection from krypton and his moms

Enough said
A good way of adding Martha stuff in the game is introducing the legion of super heroes and Lex going to the past.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Do you really want have some fun with the cloning? Let one or both Harleys get loose in the cloning lab! They can clone different versions of themselves, young, (loli?), smart, bizzaro, good Harley from the Crime Syndicate universe. They can also try to clone improved versions of the Joker that might actually love them, (or not).

The fun will start when there is a plague of Jokers that gets loose to irritate Bats and the real Joker. A Lady Joker trying to start her own competing bordello might be interesting, (recruiting Villianesses? or a Chippendales using heroes? )

Thinking about it, this might make for a Something Unlimited II. (It might also encourage SSR to finish up this version as Part I)

BTW, I still wanna see them capture Mary Marvel!

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
When they learn they wont be able to make the deadline they promised, but don't correct the false belief that they created themselves, then yes, that is lying.
No, when they realize they can't make deadlines they try harder to make deadlines and it's creating a false belief it's stating an ideal state of affairs and thus is not lying.But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

moonlightking

Oct 1, 2017
It's not lying it's simply stating a goal but not always being able to meet it.
They have only been on point 2 times in the last 2 years, and one of those times was because they released half the upd
No, when they realize they can't make deadlines they try harder to make deadlines and it's creating a false belief it's stating an ideal state of affairs and thus is not lying.But that's just my opinion.
They try harder to make deadlines?

They spent the whole last year releasing less than ever with multiple deadlines being delayed without reason in which is a glorified power point presentation. Even now they have managed to delay another one with no release in the horizon.

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
They have only been on point 2 times in the last 2 years, and one of those times was because they released half the upd
They try harder to make deadlines?

They spent the whole last year releasing less than ever with multiple deadlines being delayed without reason in which is a glorified power point presentation. Even now they have managed to delay another one with no release in the horizon.
I said trying not succeeding.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes