Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Yeah, that's my guess as well. I'm assuming that if you played through Darci content before Lana existed you're SOL. Restarting the game is basically a nonstarter for me, so I'll just forget about it.
If you search this thread there was definitely a save posted for 2.3.5 so you don't need to start from scratch. Maybe you can find for 2.3.6 too, but definitely for 2.3.5. Maybe that will fix it for you.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, that's my guess as well. I'm assuming that if you played through Darci content before Lana existed you're SOL. Restarting the game is basically a nonstarter for me, so I'll just forget about it.
I had Darci finished and Lana activated fine. So either it's a dice roll or you didn't finish Darci

Lvstinger5

Dec 26, 2019
so wait a sec if i have a saved game from the last update do i have to restart? im sure this has been answered before but id like to actually be active on this forum lol.

genius555

Nov 20, 2021
Bug report:

The second time you take Donna Troy out to the street with the leash, the dialogue defaults to some Talia dialogue, with a different dialogue window, that I'm guessing is from an older version of SU but I don't really know. When the street scene ends, the game doesn't exit the scene, so you have to quit and restart. Fortunately, your save for that game should allow you to continue.

So you may want to pass on a second street scene with Donna...

Cassie seems to be working normally though!
its also works with kasnia event. When the scene in office ends, the game doesn't exit the scene and restart event. How to fix that ?

HmmmYes777

May 10, 2018
SU 2.3.6 --> SU 2.3.7 Changelog (06/30/2022)

Fixed ---------------------------------------

- Cassie's vault not showing greyed out scenes properly
- Donna's vault not showing greyed out scenes properly
- Roulette repeating dialog about Donna and Cassie

Added ---------------------------------------

16 Backgrounds

- Cassie Content
- Leash Scenes

- Donna Troy Content
- Leash Scenes

- Lana Lang Content
- Normal Costume
- Normal Intro Scene
- Green Dress Costume
- Green Dress Intro Scene
- Nighty Costume
- Nighty Intro Scene
- Highschool Costume
- Highschool Intro Scene
- Cell Dance Scenes
- Cell Strip Scenes
- Cell Handjob Scenes
- Cell Blowjob Scenes
- Cell Blowjob Cumshot Scenes
- Cell Sex Scenes
- Cell Anal Scenes
- Cell Anal Cumshot Scenes
That's it? I am honestly surprised that it's all that we get in this update; yes this game is infamous for not putting "a lot" but this is a very low amount even by this game's standards.

Oct 15, 2017
Unity is the engine that it runs on, but it’s built in a framework called fungus, and a very old version of fungus at this point. It’s buggy as fuck and like I said the creators of fungus are surprised this game even functions. There are newer versions of fungus, but they’re not compatible with old content. There is no simple way to export what exists to something new.
Ah okay, thanks for the explanation! much appreciated :)

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
Haven't even bothered downloading the update for this game in a while but does anyone else have to google the characters he decides to introduce instead of finishing the game, like who tf is lana lang?
She's a pretty big part of the Superman mythos, appears in multiple episodes of the Animated Series (including my favorite, "The Late Mr. Kent" and another episode centered around her has her dating Lex to pump him for information because she'd figured out Clark was SM) as well as all of the earlier animated Superman shows, appears in two of the Reeves movies, was a main character in Smallville for, what, the first seven seasons? Is on the Superman & Lois show, was a main character in The Adventures of Superboy and became First Lady while married to Pete Ross and took over Lexcorp for awhile in the comics.

But sure, who tf is Lana Lang. :unsure:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Rant on:

Just a quick note:

F95Zoners being shunned aside, 'cuz ya know, many here are playing the game essentially for free...

Opinions here will generally be ignored, but hopefully there are a few patrons watching this thread that pass along bug reports and such.

What bothers me is that, with this kind of money coming in, you'd think that it'd be worthwhile to update the game engine at this point. There are currently around four dozen significant female characters in this game. Significant in that they are either working with you (Talia, Roulette, Catwoman), or are available for hire (Villianesses) that you can have sex with, or that you can capture/acquire and end up in rooms/cells.

The problem with this game isn't the lack of characters, I think we are at the opposite extreme at this point. The problem is that since so many characters go through the same general 'wash, rinse, repeat' progression, it gets repetitive really fast.

Some of the dialogues are actually quite interesting (Wonder Woman, for example), but since all characters are shoehorned into the 'rule of three' progression -

I.E.: talk to her a few times, then watch her dance three times, then strip, then 3 handjobs, 3 blowjobs, then vaginal sex 3 times and anal sex three times with a couple of costume interludes thrown in, at which point the gal is a huge slut that asks what nickname you should use.

It tends to lessen the impact of each character's storyline and background. One particular example that I find slightly annoying is Vixen. Vixen pretty much states in her earlier interactions with you that she wants to jump your bones, or something along those lines, but we are STILL forced to follow the rule of three with her. Which drags out the game unnecessarily in her case. Multiply that by 3-4 dozen other characters also following the 'rule of three' and it gets really grindy...

Add to this that once characters are introduced, if the content isn't there out of the gate, so far we often don't see the 'followup' content. Note the number of characters that don't have all of their associated Meta Bordello art for the relevant assignments completed.

I, along with a number of you here, was really looking forward to more Mercy content this update. Mercy's story is a bit more convoluted, which makes it kind of unique in this framework, but that story has been put on the backburner for multiple updates now. I get that it was delayed for good reason, I don't mind it getting pushed back a month, but this game has been in development for many years now...

Which brings me back to why I linked the graphtreon tracker in this post. If this was some obscure developer that had say 50 or less regular patrons and was raking in less than say $1,000 a month, or worse yet just doing their game for free, I could more easily 'give a pass' to neglected content. But for the money we are talking here, this is essentially 'full time job' income, and it SHOULD be worth it to the developer to just buckle down and tackle the game's issues in earnest.

Sure, other highly popular developers are also guilty of this (not naming names), but I'm sure that the software bugs are slowing down development, and multiple people have commented in this thread that the developer really should re-build things from scratch and use more up to date backend software (the Fungus thing holding the game back).

And, while I don't mind new characters being introduced, there really should be a strategy in place at this point where for every new character that is introduced, at least two existing characters get their Meta Bordello content completed, etc. Sure, Cassie and Donna had leash scenes added in this update, but the leash scenes are probably the easiest to do, due to the 'nekkid chick walks around' formula.

And sure, I get that the art here is hand drawn, but as the fanart thread has shown, it's possible to fill in a number of blanks with just minor edits to the existing sprites ingame, for now at least. And I get that SR7 is following his muse so to speak, but then I come back to the graphtreon thing... Other artists could be brought onboard to help fill in those gaps for now via photoshop editing tricks and such, until SR7 is ready to give said scenes the 'full treatment'.

Not me though, I have enough on my plate. I just edit the sprites for fun when the whim strikes... I have my own things going on. Plus prolific is NOT a term I would use to describe my artistic efforts. Others are MUCH more prolific than I am, it takes me years to get anything done...

In any case, I just really think that the developer(s) need to take a month or two to port over the existing content into an updated framework. I personally think that, as I've said before, moving it over to Ren'Py would solve a few things, but it would require learning how Ren'Py animations and such work. If I was raking in that much cash for a game, it'd be worth MY time to take the time to learn, but that's just me.

Plus then, other people could help in your 'bug killing' quest due to their own familiarity with how Ren'Py works. Unity is a 'locked' framework, so it's a LOT harder to try to fix things on the 'release' end. I get that 'locking things down' helps discourage unauthorized distribution of the ingame art, but it's almost trivial to extract the sprites from SU at this point if you have AssetStudio. See the fanart thread...

It's a cash cow, I get it, but if the bugs are getting so bad that you are spending a lot of your time bug hunting/killing, instead of on developing the story, it's time to update your framework.

I've said much of this before, but I feel like it needs to be said, often, until the developer addresses these issues in earnest.

Maybe someone will pass this along. Mainly I just needed to get this off my chest again...

Rant off

Bobdon

Oct 16, 2017
dont know if this is a bug but i unlocked darci and she doesnt appear in the cells? any idea?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
can someone screenshot Lana? I wanna see if the bitch is worth the update download
I posted a fanart piece using Lana's ingame sprite earlier today here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-8451649

That's the sprite that is used ingame for some of her 'nekkid' scenes.

dont know if this is a bug but i unlocked darci and she doesnt appear in the cells? any idea?
Just checking. You did visit her in your Robotics lab a few times after inviting her to Lexcorp, correct?

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes