Big Coat Bubba

Apr 25, 2018
I see this kind of "dissapointed" posts in almost every patreon game thread lol
@
You could try to uninstall all of your codecs and use Media Player Classic instead. It contains almost all necessary codecs in it. Works fine to me.
Thanks so much man.

SmokeShank

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2016
Get ready for the "when does it come out" posts!!!
Lol, like every month this happens.

Get ready for "dissapointed" posts
Sooooo fucking stoked for these!!!!!

My top 3 guesses on what complaints that we will see

1) Lazy artist
2) Intentionally not doing work in order to get paid (ie Milking)
3) Wasted time doing X instead of Y ( X being the thing they bitched about 3 months ago, and Y being what we did before)

Get ready for "X needs to be worked on instead" posts
"Oh you worked on the original girls! Fucker should have worked on new girls and Raven. Well just Raven, yeah next time just do Raven only. Raven only when?"

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017

1) Lazy artist
3) Wasted time doing X instead of Y ( X being the thing they bitched about 3 months ago, and Y being what we did before)

"Oh you worked on the original girls! Fucker should have worked on new girls and Raven. Well just Raven, yeah next time just do Raven only. Raven only when?"
Smokeshank is just so damn accurate and good humored about this. I really did laugh for a good five minutes reading his sarcasm. I wonder how Sunset feels?

Reactions: mielle88

tinytony2111

Apr 27, 2018
Hey Smokeshank, have to say I love how this game is progressing, but I have a major problem with it.

Since this is also a text-based game, it throws me off (or would it be a turn off?) when I see grammatical errors when reading through the dialogues and there are A LOT of them.

Would it be possible for you or one of your dev team members to proofread all the text and if not, could you outsource a volunteer? I'd volunteer but I have no clue as to how to code.

Grayking666

Oct 22, 2017

1) Lazy artist

WhY U nO WoRk oN RAvEn?!

Reactions: mielle88

nobody93

Jun 1, 2017

1) Lazy artist

Now you've said it.
my bet is there is a ton of raven content and nothing else just to fuck with people.

SkeithX7

Jul 1, 2017
Is there any work on Raven yet?!?1?! :D

When's it coming out again? Why didn't it come out last month?!?!

Why is the artist so goddamn lazy?! Like cmon grandpa, people literally died these last few years and more will follow all the while they'll never see the complete version everrr...

ermahgah, meh life literally depends on knowing this vital... no... crucial** info!! PLEASE, JUST THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

DaveTheAngryJew

Aug 2, 2017
So I know there are no plans to include any voice acting, which is a decision I agree with. But will there ever be -any- sound? A couple royalty free background musics and royalty free menu sound effects go a LONG way to improving the atmosphere.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So I know there are no plans to include any voice acting, which is a decision I agree with. But will there ever be -any- sound? A couple royalty free background musics and royalty free menu sound effects go a LONG way to improving the atmosphere.
A few sound effects could be nice, like when you click on a button, but background music is usually annoying, I prefer to play my own music in the background most of the time anyway (I actually have to, or the tinnitus drives me insane).

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
So any good mods for SU
Hahaha! I'm guessing you've been following Rogue-Like and have seen all the mods on there. I'm sure Smokey will deny or confirm this, but as far as I know, even Sunset has some troubles following his code as he didn't have a concrete plan when he started. I personally don't know a lot about code, but from what I have heard, Ren'py is convenient because it gives you a backbone to build a game around, and other people who know Ren'py can decipher what the programmer has done. Unity gives you the tools, but you're building your own backbone as well as the the fleshy bits, so one Unity project can be quite different from another.

Personally, I like the fact that this game has only one person's vision. The Rogue-Like thread looks like...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of unfollowing that thread...

Sep 6, 2017
Hahaha! I'm guessing you've been following Rogue-Like and have seen all the mods on there. I'm sure Smokey will deny or confirm this, but as far a I know, even Sunset has some troubles following his code as he didn't have a concrete plan when he started. I personally don't know a lot about code, but from what I have heard, Ren'py is convenient because it gives you a backbone to build a game around, and other people who know Ren'py can decipher what the programmer has done. Unity gives you the tools, but you're building your own backbone as well as the the fleshy bits, so one Unity project can be quite different from another.

Personally, I like the fact that this game has only one person's vision. The Rogue-Like thread looks like an abortion that was eaten by a dog, and then thrown up all over the place. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of unfollowing that thread...
That was a very disgusting, graphic, but accurate description at the end there.

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes