Grayking666

Oct 22, 2017
HOLY MOLY LEASH SCENES?! I THINK MY HEART JUST STOPPED.

This is why I love this game. A+ stuff/A+ future stuff. Now if only we can get the Lexcorp nude calendar idea Lex suggested to Mercy up and running...all in all great stuff. Big or small these updates will always leave me satisfied.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
HOLY MOLY LEASH SCENES?! I THINK MY HEART JUST STOPPED.

This is why I love this game. A+ stuff/A+ future stuff. Now if only we can get the Lexcorp nude calendar idea Lex suggested to Mercy up and running...all in all great stuff. Big or small these updates will always leave me satisfied.
Plot twist: the calendar is all pics of Lex :FeelsBadMan:

Keioshin

May 4, 2017
You guys already know half that stuff won't be in this build and half the stuff that was bugged and didn't work last build will be considered the 'new' content this build.

Nov 22, 2017
Welll ain't that kinky
Yep yep but I think it could be implemented in the storyline in some far off distant release.

As I understand it, Starfire and Blackfire are something like the two most powerful beings in the universe. And Lex turns them into petgirls. Not only that, but they really become attack dogs. So when someone starts to get uppity with Lex, say like Ivy or Roulette, you see their eyes start to glow and maybe Blackfire growls or something. Plus, at some point, there could be a Superhero who confronts Lex (which it appears to be in the plans for the distant future anyway), he just sics Starfire and Blackfire on them. The two sisters fight naked and stay on their leashes, and once they distpatch the threat, the two great warriors resume their place at their master's feet.

Reactions: MilkShank

Gnutt

Mar 3, 2017
Looking through this I wouldn't be surprised if Raven was getting every scene fully animated. That's a shit ton of work even if only one of them makes it in. Also, leash scenes... I was unaware I wanted this, but now I'm hyped.
Edit for clarity

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Well , Leash scenes don't do it for me, but hey, content is content, no complaints here. I just hope we don't get to them and just see a shadow, like last time. At least Harley is getting new content , meaning moving older characters along is in the works , rather than introducing new characters. You'll never see me saying , "oh, i wanted this character, and not that character", i was just making it my Tier 3 wish to flesh out older characters, before introducing new ones. Looks like i'm getting half of my wish. I'll take it.

Reactions: KaiserST

SmokeShank

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2016
Shaking my damn head so much...
Seriously guys, how many times do you all need to be told the same thing?

1- SU is SR7's baby... or his waifu, yeah waifu is the better word. Literally nobody gets to fuck with her but him. A new animator or team member won't speed up its development, or increase the number of art assets made for it, or speed up progress of wip animations (I think). That said I am also not sure that a) SR7 does all the animation process himself, or b) that SR7 does all the bug testing for the build himself. And as far as we've been able to tell SR7 isn't interested in bringing in a programmer to take the existing compilation of SU's old content and optimizing it with new code or on a newer engine. It's a one-man job and it's probably gonna stay that way (until he cracks).

2- SU's content prioritization answers to nobody except SR7, or if you want to be poetic SR7's muse. Voting, putting more money into patreon, submitting an idea, or bludgeoning poor SmokeShank over the head probably has 0 effect on what SR7 is inspired to work on for a given bi-monthly period. Stop thinking he's a sweatshop (he's not Zimmerman for fuck's sake) and start thinking Artist with all the qualities and foibles that brings.

I sucks but I've come to the conclusion there is literally nothing for this thread to talk about to the creator; he's not e-begging, he can't be bought; consensus and whining won't change anything.

To everyone else, please feel free to keep posting the stuff worth reading. Walkthroughs and bugs and strange triggers and wip images from the streams. I haven't enjoyed anything else since someone posted all three Teen Titans together.
You gained a fan in me! 100% correct.

Hey Smoke I know that you're making a point that SR7 is not being lazy, but damm seeing this change log and then finding out that not all of it is coming in 2.1.6 hurts man. In this case ignorance would be bliss.

Also I totally called the develepment issues with the change of release schedule as a possible source of all bugs in my 2.1.5 review. Hopefully SR7 is already used to it now.

My Review
SR7 has been in testing phase since Monday, which is a change we implemented after last release. Typically we only did a 3 day test.

You guys already know half that stuff won't be in this build and half the stuff that was bugged and didn't work last build will be considered the 'new' content this build.
If it was bugged and you didn't get it, then wouldn't it be new content? Literally what you're asking us to do is ignore the broken shit to put in more shit. Then next release you will be calling it a buggy piece of shit and we should bug test, then the next release you will complain about lack of content. I see a pattern here. See my post about top 3 complaints and look at #2.

Literally we can't be flip flopping to meet the needs of the community every 2 months. We need to work on our internal processes and continue forward. I mean as I posted before, last release was 1.35x larger than the previous 2 months combined.

Looking through this I wouldn't be surprised if Raven was getting every scene fully animated. That's a shit ton of work even if only one of them makes it in. Also, leash scenes... I was unaware I wanted this, but now I'm hyped.
Edit for clarity
Yup! Let's not forget all the variants also. Not as simple as some may see.

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
All I can think to say is that damn, whatever system SU is built on (it's Unity, but some other framework is used on top of that if I'm not mistaken) must suck absolute ass. All things considered, this is a relatively simple visual novel with light gameplay mechanics. The art and writing should be the limiting factors here, not coding and bug testing.

My understanding is that last fall sunset spend a fair amount of time reworking the system. Frankly, he would've been much better off learning a better framework and rebuilding the games logic from scratch.

Hugmrt

Dec 28, 2017
I think half the content making the build is optimistic. We're just going to get more content involving downgrading the girls so we can stick them in the bordello for zombie sex, or have to go back to the prison for one or two new scenes with a supervillain.

I don't get the bordello content really. I'm a fairly frequent reader of the erotic mind control story archive and even then I prefer the chick to be conscious and aware of her actions.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
All I can think to say is that damn, whatever system SU is built on (it's Unity, but some other framework is used on top of that if I'm not mistaken) must suck absolute ass. All things considered, this is a relatively simple visual novel with light gameplay mechanics. The art and writing should be the limiting factors here, not coding and bug testing.

My understanding is that last fall sunset spend a fair amount of time reworking the system. Frankly, he would've been much better off learning a better framework and rebuilding the games logic from scratch.
In your head it may seem easy but it isn't. Last year Sunset reworked how to add girls to the game without breaking shit It worked well because girls can be added more quickly (Terra update was fluid as fuck, all that content came together without needing to fight Unity and Sunset was able to add more content on top of that). This year he reworked the posing system. Why? So events and dialogue look more fleshed out and so that adding more poses isn't difficult. Unity has the most you can add to the game without it falling apart. You can't do something like SU with Ren'py, Python, or anything else. After it gets to a certain size you start falling into Rollback bugs like with Oni's Rogue Like.

There is no better framework out there that can handle SU's size. There just isn't. If you could actually fit SU into anything else other than Unity I can almost guarantee you would get a job offer from Smoke. It's a win win so if you think it's easy, do it. Sunset is shaping Unity to what he needs, that takes some effort. There are no switches in Unity that automatically make content easier to add or fights the bugs. SU isn't the only game that has bugs or low content so stop pretending it does. Oni, Mity, DarkCookie, HReinn, and all those other devs use different stuff to make games and sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't. So if you have ever excused another dev when they said "This update is small because i need to fix stuff and update the engine or whatever" you can do the same here because it's necessary for the greater goal.

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
3 Backgrounds
Blackfire content
- Leash Scenes

Harley content
- New Portraits
- Harleen Quinzel Intro
- Harleen Quinzel costume
- Leash Scenes

Killer Frost content
- Henchwomen Lesbian Scenes
- Dance Scenes
- Leash Scenes

Poison Ivy content
- Poison Ivy/Batgirl Bordello Scene
- Prison Henchwoman Lesbian Scenes
- Sex Scene
- Anal Scene
- Cumshot Scenes
- Leash Scenes

Raven content
- Handjob Scene
- Blowjob Scene
- Sex Scene
- Anal Scene
- Cumshot Scenes
- Leash Scenes

Terra content
- Leash Scenes
So no new Mercy content :FeelsBadMan:.

When can we expect some?

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
In your head it may seem easy but it isn't. Last year Sunset reworked how to add girls to the game without breaking shit It worked well because girls can be added more quickly (Terra update was fluid as fuck, all that content came together without needing to fight Unity and Sunset was able to add more content on top of that). This year he reworked the posing system. Why? So events and dialogue look more fleshed out and so that adding more poses isn't difficult. Unity has the most you can add to the game without it falling apart. You can't do something like SU with Ren'py, Python, or anything else. After it gets to a certain size you start falling into Rollback bugs like with Oni's Rogue Like.

There is no better framework out there that can handle SU's size. There just isn't. If you could actually fit SU into anything else other than Unity I can almost guarantee you would get a job offer from Smoke. It's a win win so if you think it's easy, do it. Sunset is shaping Unity to what he needs, that takes some effort. There are no switches in Unity that automatically make content easier to add or fights the bugs. SU isn't the only game that has bugs or low content so stop pretending it does. Oni, Mity, DarkCookie, HReinn, and all those other devs use different stuff to make games and sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't. So if you have ever excused another dev when they said "This update is small because i need to fix stuff and update the engine or whatever" you can do the same here because it's necessary for the greater goal.
But he's not using vanilla Unity, at least from what I remember reading a while ago. He's using some layer on top that basically lets him do his scripting and logic visually. I can't remember the name of the system for the life of me, if someone else could mention it I'd be grateful.

SmokeShank

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2016
But he's not using vanilla Unity, at least from what I remember reading a while ago. He's using some layer on top that basically lets him do his scripting and logic visually. I can't remember the name of the system for the life of me, if someone else could mention it I'd be grateful.
He uses Fungus (which hasn't been updated for 2 years or so). All components within Fungus and its functionality at this point is mostly custom.

I want to address the hindsight you mentioned previously with other factors. I do want to say that you are not wrong in saying that at this point there probably is a better way for the implementation portion of SR7's dev cycle. Here are a few other things to consider, along with how we address those factors.

- We are one DMCA away from losing SU forever, pouring in more resources in this project at this time COULD be wasted.
We keep the team small on SU and pour all new $$ into other projects in order to continue in case of our project getting taken down.

- A new system probably would be a custom one at this point and take months to create. How do you do that when we are expected to produce X amount of content monthly?
We simply cannot do this right now for SU. But for any future projects that is currently what is happening.

- If we were to buy a new engine/system would that speed up implementation.
In the long run yes! But we still would have to transfer the game over to the new engine which would take months. We are expected to produce X amount of content bi-monthly. Simply cannot do it at this stage.

- How about paying someone to convert the game over to the new system.
Finding good quality help that LASTS and sticks around is extremely hard to find. Every dev making games at this point has been burned for lots of $$$ us included. At this point we should take any money and move it into other projects that will allow us to grow without risk.

I feel as though there is typical fault finding going on. Not that the problems are being ignored on our end, just that we a different perspective of how these should be handled based on the direction we want to go as a company.

Reactions: TheDevian

MilkShank

May 26, 2018
I bet they didn't really do that much work its so easy to come up with a list of things not yet implemented
Giving us an excuse of "we done so much work that we haven't put it to the game yet"
If they really did why not show some proof if they really done any of the stuff that is not been implemented
Its not really a spoiler if its not in the game

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I bet they didn't really do that much work its so easy to come up with a list of things not yet implemented
Giving us an excuse of "we done so much work that we haven't put it to the game yet"
If they really did why not show some proof if they really done any of the stuff that is not been implemented
And that's why they don't give us pre-release changelogs, cutting sub-par content always happen when developing software one way or another.

Now if you're a patreon and feel scammed, I recommend talking to them and maybe ask for assets in private, they don't need or should release spoiler content before the time, it serves no one.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
<Sigh> Seriously? I have a four year old niece that doesn't whine half as much as you do. What are ya? Two? Welcome to the garden, the garden of the ignored...

mielle88

Aug 2, 2017
Calm down dude
Even if they always managed to get away with having "setbacks" or don't always delivers
Thats too much to ask

Reactions: osmann
4.00 star(s) 157 Votes