Jul 2, 2017
Man, fuck the "lore". If we're being realistic here Batman would have had eyes on Luthor from the second the game started. He would have noticed that Batgirl hadn't been on patrol in a long time, tracked her movements during the daytime, found Luthor's base, and the Justice League would pancake it. Any attempts to justify anything via lore is completely pointless as Batman, the Question, Superman, Green Arrow, literally any male hero with a connection to any of the controlled women would have figured something out, alerted the rest of the League and have Luthor in prison for kidnapping, rape, and a dozen other crimes inside a few days. Not doing anything because Batman would figure it out is silly since he'd figure everything out regardless.
this doesnt have to be true, isnt this the universe were the justice league banished him from the tower for several episodes, because he spied on them and recorded there behavior and weaknesses to create a plan if the justice league goes rogue ?
He was accepted back in after he admitted he has to trust them more and stops all information gathering on members of the league. Also in comic its often stated that Batman and his Batfamilie don't have contact for several month, due to them going undercover
But yeah I would love story progression where the league get suspicous, Lex gets captured and he uses one of the mind controlled heroines to bail him out or portay him as innocent.
I hope they will add a better mechanic to get the league involved so you have to be careful with operations and improve the leagion of Doom to create distraction as well as daytime events to increase your reputation and influence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vraxous2

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
this doesnt have to be true, isnt this the universe were the justice league banished him from the tower for several episodes, because he spied on them and recorded there behavior and weaknesses to create a plan if the justice league goes rogue ?
He was accepted back in after he admitted he has to trust them more and stops all information gathering on members of the league. Also in comic its often stated that Batman and his Batfamilie don't have contact for several month, due to them going undercover
But yeah I would love story progression where the league get suspicous, Lex gets captured and he uses one of the mind controlled heroines to bail him out or portay him as innocent.
I hope they will add a better mechanic to get the league involved so you have to be careful with operations and improve the leagion of Doom to create distraction as well as daytime events to increase your reputation and influence.
That should be the focus after we get Huntress,Black Canary and Zatanna at least.
And I am sure most will ask also for Wonder Woman and Starfire.
So I doubt there will be some progress with JL before middle of 2022 at best.

Sep 7, 2019
The thing with JL is, there is already plenty assets available on the art side: most heroines (and at last for me conflict with day-versions of Heroines would add so much spice to having them in cell and in bordello) plus we had already visits from Batman and Nightwing. So if basic figurines for Superman, Flash and Green Lantern could be made. And Villains that we have are also underused. So for starter just make random encounter system using existing locations: Lex meets heroine or hero or few of them, they threaten him. Mercy finds them snooping around the tower. Harley does something crazy and lands in prison a now you have to get her out (using existing system). Maybe "greatest detective" starts suspecting this whole cosplay strip club and starts investigating, but Lex uses Lois to run story "Batman visits Bordello".

No need for fancy danger system that was just recently cut out to make things complicated to code, just some illusion of progressing story and threat. Maybe later in game need to develop some new technologies again to protect yourself, since there is not much to spend you money on. And sometime down the road one panel with some fight scene maybe could be made once in a while. But mostly keeping it low effort (art wise) to not divert attention from content that is most important.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
The thing with JL is, there is already plenty assets available on the art side: most heroines (and at last for me conflict with day-versions of Heroines would add so much spice to having them in cell and in bordello) plus we had already visits from Batman and Nightwing. So if basic figurines for Superman, Flash and Green Lantern could be made. And Villains that we have are also underused. So for starter just make random encounter system using existing locations: Lex meets heroine or hero or few of them, they threaten him. Mercy finds them snooping around the tower. Harley does something crazy and lands in prison a now you have to get her out (using existing system). Maybe "greatest detective" starts suspecting this whole cosplay strip club and starts investigating, but Lex uses Lois to run story "Batman visits Bordello".

No need for fancy danger system that was just recently cut out to make things complicated to code, just some illusion of progressing story and threat. Maybe later in game need to develop some new technologies again to protect yourself, since there is not much to spend you money on. And sometime down the road one panel with some fight scene maybe could be made once in a while. But mostly keeping it low effort (art wise) to not divert attention from content that is most important.
Some of the random location stuff would probably need to be done after clicking on the next day button since the overworld most likely wouldn't be expanded on or "Missions" (though these require more clicking). He used to talk about Justice League but I think he was (in the past) more convinced that people were not too interested in Justice League stuff.

• Hey there
Reactions: vireker and Korzy
Sep 7, 2019
Some of the random location stuff would probably need to be done after clicking on the next day button since the overworld most likely wouldn't be expanded on or "Missions" (though these require more clicking). He used to talk about Justice League but I think he was (in the past) more convinced that people were not too interested in Justice League stuff.
Yeah, either on new day or after entering one of the main buildings. There already were events like this. If mission stuff could be tied to this it would be great, because mostly it is dead end, and even early in game whet it was somewhat relevant it never was really fun. But I would be hesitant to try to ask creators to devise new mechanics. Problem with the missions is that Game is not building any goals, that making missions could be used to achieve. After heroines are captured, they never break away, their day-versions or they allies might as well not exist.

I really, really like SU, it is one of my favourites here. But some systems really lack purpose and connection to game as a whole. Even the whole boat event could be more fun if it had some apparent reason, like "information gathering" or "generating publicity" and make them parties not only for baddies. And could be done without drawing single new asset.

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018

Regal Reveal!
Maybe a bit too easy for some! We will have to come with some real tests to stump you guys in the future, without being too spoilerly!
We are running another test as we speak, so we will see where this one ends up.

uberbomb

Feb 26, 2018
Does this mean we may not get this content if the test goes bad? Or will we get the update sooner if the update goes well ?
Who knows. According to the devs, a teaser week is 10 days long and each update has come later and later this year

Feb 5, 2018
Bimonthly release din't last very long. With the addition of "release-windows" and what not. We're down to 3-4 updates per year and things only seem to get worse. Hopefully this upcoming one has a decent amount of content to it - If they don't cut it out due to "last minute problems", like they usually do.

• Sad
Reactions: uberbomb

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Honestly, I wouldn't mind not getting new heriones in an update if it meant that they focused the effort on filling out content for already existing characters who still have incomplete lines or missing scenes.
i think you misunderstood me, im not asking for new heroines, im just asking if the update wont be about one of the heroines, as it has been since the restructure.

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
And yet Batman didn't figure out something was wrong when all of these women disappear every night? Actually thinking about it, how don't these women just collapse from exhaustion since according to the plot they're never getting any sleep?

I think cloning would still be a shit idea, but it would've made a lot more sense.
Maybe they do sleep unless lex visited them

So say he sees superwoman well everyone else is asleep

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
How do you get Starfire to strip?
You can't get her yet in her cell. Not done yet.
And yet Batman didn't figure out something was wrong when all of these women disappear every night? Actually thinking about it, how don't these women just collapse from exhaustion since according to the plot they're never getting any sleep?

I think cloning would still be a shit idea, but it would've made a lot more sense.
One way to explain it away would they are only awake for say two hours a day or Lex has special tech that keeps the girls well rested during the actual time they are asleep. That being said I think they would be reacting rather differently if they were only there for two hours a day but what could be happening since he doesn't visit the girls every day, so a couple of weeks in Lex time could be like a 24 hour period. That being said I don't think you're really supposed to think about it but there are ways to explain it away.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes