D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
So there was also information that work on Rebuild continues, despite Locke's departure, although work is proceeding slowly and in the next year and a half you should not expect news.
Something has changed?

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
The rebuild was Locke's work, since he left GG the project is left abandoned. As of right now there is no public information about the status of the remake (maybe the patreons know something, but I doubt it).

The most likely possibility is that the remake is dead. It would take months, perhaps even more than one year to make it, also SR7 was doing a code overhaul in the classic version, which indicates to me that the remake won't be made, after all why else would a code overhaul would be necessary in that case.
So the point is that SR7 is not engaged in a remake, but is working on content, and someone else is engaged in a remake and work on it is not constantly carried out, and in order to catch up it will take about 2 years at this pace.

Henshinvolt is a regular guest on this topic, and has information better than me, maybe he can explain.

Oct 31, 2019
This thread has more healthy discussion than reddit.

Most of reddit is
[Opinion]
>[Supporting argument for opinion]
>[supporting argument for this point]
And so on and so on because of the circlejerking in subs. Unpopular opinions are buried in downvotes once the downvote train starts

The discord for the game and fandoms in general are bad also imo, people with strong opinions tend to be the most active. There's no incentive for healthy discussion and compromise in perspective when you can just spam your opinion

grnrngr07

Jan 10, 2019
I've been thinking about this, and there is a pretty simple solution that would cut down development time by a lot:

Scrap the Vault.

It's one of the worst coded, buggiest sections of the game that probably takes up the majority time of both dev and testing, and yet it's not even a primary feature. No matter how much time they spend on it, there is always a scene that doesn't unlock, a back button missing on a page, or an entry that plays the wrong thing. It clearly wasn't built to be scalable or in a way that's easy to add new things to it, and worst of all it's not even a good implementation of the feature they are trying to make. It doesn't replay scenes, it just shows the static art sans dialog, and the majority of the vault content can be seen in a more complete form already with a minimal amount of effort on the player's part since most are from repeatable content.

So what do you do? Leave the code as it is to prevent more bugs, hide the button to access the area and forget any of it ever happened. And when you get some free dev cycles, work on a new system from the ground up that is actually designed properly, one that is meant to accept new entries and maybe one that doesn't need to have everything created manually. Once that works as intended, then you worry about adding it back in.

Continuing to sink more effort into a thoroughly broken system that doesn't even meet the feature requirements expected by the users is just a waste of everyone's time.

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
I've been thinking about this, and there is a pretty simple solution that would cut down development time by a lot:

Scrap the Vault.

It's one of the worst coded, buggiest sections of the game that probably takes up the majority time of both dev and testing, and yet it's not even a primary feature. No matter how much time they spend on it, there is always a scene that doesn't unlock, a back button missing on a page, or an entry that plays the wrong thing. It clearly wasn't built to be scalable or in a way that's easy to add new things to it, and worst of all it's not even a good implementation of the feature they are trying to make. It doesn't replay scenes, it just shows the static art sans dialog, and the majority of the vault content can be seen in a more complete form already with a minimal amount of effort on the player's part since most are from repeatable content.

So what do you do? Leave the code as it is to prevent more bugs, hide the button to access the area and forget any of it ever happened. And when you get some free dev cycles, work on a new system from the ground up that is actually designed properly, one that is meant to accept new entries and maybe one that doesn't need to have everything created manually. Once that works as intended, then you worry about adding it back in.

Continuing to sink more effort into a thoroughly broken system that doesn't even meet the feature requirements expected by the users is just a waste of everyone's time.
From the previously sounded information, as far as I remember, Vault is directly related to scenes and their performance, so SR7 will have to work on it one way or another.

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
And when you get some free dev cycles, work on a new system from the ground up that is actually designed properly, one that is meant to accept new entries and maybe one that doesn't need to have everything created manually.
I don't think there's a way *to* design the vault properly with their current technology.

Reactions: Cyberious

Rica2

Apr 6, 2019
I'm curious is she supposed to be a new heroin you capture the old way with a villain and a device or is she just going to be put in the cell straight away and also when they say they're still testing do they mean the game or everybody's patients cuz at this rate I wouldn't be surprised the next update for summertime Saga comes out before before this hell the next update for Treasure and Nadia is coming out tomorrow and we all know that's going to be on time

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
So the point is that SR7 is not engaged in a remake, but is working on content, and someone else is engaged in a remake and work on it is not constantly carried out, and in order to catch up it will take about 2 years at this pace.

Henshinvolt is a regular guest on this topic, and has information better than me, maybe he can explain.
There is someone working on a remake (some people on the discord like to call him Mysterio but he isn't on the discord or anything like that. He seems to be working part time on the rebuild for somewhat close to a year but I feel like less than a year of actual development has happened with it. People keep repeating the 2 year thing when its been about a year which gives you a sign of stuff.

Scrap the Vault.

Yeah the scenes are connected to the vault but seeing how only visuals works shows he hasn't planned ahead with that. On the discord he has mentioned if he took the vault out of a release it would probably not come back.
From the previously sounded information, as far as I remember, Vault is directly related to scenes and their performance, so SR7 will have to work on it one way or another.
You're right, it has caused bugs for scenes in the past.
This absolute king asking the real questions this afternoon.

View attachment 1084291
Not a good sign for sure.
Crush was suggested a lot on the discord so kinda nice to see that.
Would Crush be the first character in the game that hasn't been in any animated series? That feels like it could open a few doors.
The closest is Rose Wildon/Ravager who has a Teen Titans Go design (and some alternate universe version where she looks rather different)
Rose_Wilson.jpg de1a85f96c5f23b33e96ae915f878876.jpg download (2).jpg

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes