Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
That is rather good news (if you reply to him ;) )
Might spark some new energy if the translation gets used more.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Did translation covers majority of the game now ? Or we still dominated by machine (translation) ?
The game is rather large, but I think a major part of it was covered by a human. It depends a bit on your path though, some are better than others. My advice: just try it out, or look at the repo and research it.

jimmy123456

Jun 11, 2017
is there any way i can get the qsp file for an older SoB? example if i want the translated qsp for 0.28... where can i find it ?

alternatively, is 0.29 compatible with an older SoB version ? example, can i use 0.29 to play 0.28?

From what i understand, i thought there was quite a bit of changes done by avenger from 0.28 to 0.29...

seregil79

Mar 14, 2017
is there any way i can get the qsp file for an older SoB? example if i want the translated qsp for 0.28... where can i find it ?

alternatively, is 0.29 compatible with an older SoB version ? example, can i use 0.29 to play 0.28?

From what i understand, i thought there was quite a bit of changes done by avenger from 0.28 to 0.29...
Here are the 4 files that were part of the last version that existed for the translation project for game version 0.28:

(If the link isn't allowed, I apologize. I was unsure if it mattered.)

Reactions: jimmy123456

jimmy123456

Jun 11, 2017
Here are the 4 files that were part of the last version that existed for the translation project for game version 0.28:

(If the link isn't allowed, I apologize. I was unsure if it mattered.)
thank you so much for this, appreciate it !

Hellbian

Jun 5, 2017
After applying the AlenaFixBat.BAT file I started throwing these errors. I deleted the files and unzipped them again but it throws error again. Also it happens to me with all the renpy games. For some reason if I run the .exe file from the rar without unzipping it if it runs. If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
-------------------
Luego de aplicar el archivo AlenaFixBat.BAT me comenzó a tirar estos errores. Eliminé los archivos y los volví a descomprimir pero vuelve a tirar error. Además me ocurre con todos los juegos en renpy. Por alguna razón si ejecuto el archivo .exe desde el rar sin descomprimir, si se ejecuta. Si alguien me pudiera ayudar lo agradecería muchísimo.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
Interestingly, it seems you have renamed files outside of the game folder. Where did you run it? Did you actually need it?

The second screen is of another game with a double extension now.
The first one seems to be the two .qsp files error. (make sure you only have one in your game folder).

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Actually I talked to Avenger here on F95 awhile ago and he was wondering how much of our stuff was translated for the first 20 updates but I really didn't get around to replying (Oops.) But he said that the game was going to be translated in English from here on out instead of machine translations.
Know this is a late reply, but.. did he express any feelings about the translation project? Tbh, his machine translated releases suffer more from bugs than the machine translated language, and those bugs never seems to get fixed from update to update on the machine translated release he does.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
well game is dead end now has no news from him on blog after June 27
You haven't really been following Avenger or his games for long have you? :ROFLMAO: The number of times people been calling his dead and abandoned is countless.Not the first time he goes silent for a few months at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: xoxo1001

Mayt

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2016
You haven't really been following Avenger or his games for long have you? :ROFLMAO: The number of times people been calling his dead and abandoned is countless.Not the first time he goes silent for a few months at a time.

i am following his games from ver 10 so I followed his game for long time but he never stop blogspot comment like this time

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
i am following his games from ver 10 so I followed his game for long time but he never stop blogspot comment like this time
Well, then you should know he had periods in the past of been silent form months. I followed this game for a long time too, first time I did get my hands on it was downloading it as a torrent from piratebay many years ago.

He said in his last post (June 27), he had to deal with the funeral of a relative. He said he hoped to be back to work on the update week after. But c'mon lets face it, the situation the world is in atm with covid-19 and all that. People might end up with whole other worries than updating adult games...

Tony Black

Dec 2, 2017
Well, then you should know he had periods in the past of been silent form months. I followed this game for a long time too, first time I did get my hands on it was downloading it as a torrent from piratebay many years ago.

He said in his last post (June 27), he had to deal with the funeral of a relative. He said he hoped to be back to work on the update week after. But c'mon lets face it, the situation the world is in atm with covid-19 and all that. People might end up with whole other worries than updating adult games...
I hope everything is ok with Avenger and that he will carry on with SOB.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Know this is a late reply, but.. did he express any feelings about the translation project? Tbh, his machine translated releases suffer more from bugs than the machine translated language, and those bugs never seems to get fixed from update to update on the machine translated release he does.
Not really, he was just wondering what we all had translated and he had a guy for translating the stuff for future updates. Sounds like he was just after the previous updates since those were untranslated.

Pilko1234

Aug 9, 2019
I have followed the instructions and all is in english.

Just wondering if this is correct. Visiting luda and the twins is still machine translated, are these sections just not fully translated yet?

If that's just how it is meant to be then fair enough. Thanks for the translation work so far.

Last edited:

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I have followed the instructions and all is in english.

Just wondering if this is correct. Visiting luda and the twins is still machine translated, are these sections just not fully translated yet?

If that's just how it is meant to be then fair enough. Thanks for the translation work so far.
It's not fully translated, but a lot of stuff has been at least.

Pilko1234

Aug 9, 2019
It's not fully translated, but a lot of stuff has been at least.
Thanks for the reply. Most of it is good except the odd page (like the gypsy) Now if I can just get my head around some of the variables that trigger events so I don't have to rely on cheating!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes