Gryf

Nov 4, 2017
In OP it's written, that the game on english only. Is it true, or is there a way to play rus version instead??
the latest version and the next ones will only be in russian since avenger has not the time to translate it. but we have some nice people here that translate it into english ;)

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
the latest version and the next ones will only be in russian since avenger has not the time to translate it. but we have some nice people here that translate it into english ;)
He was asking about the original version.

In general, I'm surprised that there are no original versions here...

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
I'm from Russia, sooooo... I don't really need translation, lul.
Still, keep up the good work))

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Well, what can you do when other people want to play this game too. On the contrary, it seems to me that the English text kills the charm of this game.

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Should you ever get bored to death IRL, there are still a couple tenthousand lines russian text which would greatly benefit from a native speaker's translation :giggle: AI translators are improved but still pretty much suck - and not only at word plays and humour.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Should you ever get bored to death IRL, there are still a couple tenthousand lines russian text which would greatly benefit from a native speaker's translation :giggle: AI translators are improved but still pretty much suck - and not only at word plays and humour.
I am also from Russia, I can also help

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
NightOwl71
But keep in mind the author uses a lot of old Russian slang. Therefore, we will even have to change the text, but keep the meaning. Fortunately, the Russian language is adaptive and it will not be difficult.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Well, what can you do when other people want to play this game too. On the contrary, it seems to me that the English text kills the charm of this game.
I don't really know about "kills the charm", but it can become really confusing, when you started with one version (rus) and suddenly thrown into another (eng)*. I mean, I still have saves since 0.28.... don't really want to start from the begining.

*Прям как тот раз, когда в середине сезона в "Шаман кинг" хуяк и поменялись актёры озвучки (Х_х).... сам ты старый, епт.

Oh well, I'm not really some pro-translator, but if trere is some place, with sea of raw russian text, I can visit it from time to time to do this translation thing and send my comissions... just don't expect much :\ Guess that me being a player can also help there.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I don't really know about "kills the charm", but it can become really confusing, when you started with one version (rus) and suddenly thrown into another (eng)*. I mean, I still have saves since 0.28.... don't really want to start from the begining.

*Прям как тот раз, когда в середине сезона в "Шаман кинг" хуяк и поменялись актёры озвучки (Х_х).... сам ты старый, епт.
:whistle: Я не смотрел "дальше первого сезона", так что не понимаю твоей боли.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
:WeSmart:please give option for the player to rename the mc some of us would prefer to use are own name not the default name

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
:WeSmart:please give option for the player to rename the mc some of us would prefer to use are own name not the default name
I don't think the author of the game will make such an option in the game, that's the reason.

In Russian, there are such things as declension of words and other rules for writing text.
What the author of the game uses when writing the text. Therefore, the whole game is made around the fact that the main character has a name and a written story.

For you, an ordinary layman, just writing an idea is a simple thing, but you don't put yourself in the developer's shoes. You think this is a simple thing, without even realizing how many code snippets will need to be rewritten for the sake of one of your requests.

Reactions: NightOwl71

Gryf

Nov 4, 2017
well a few versions back there was an option to rename the main character as far as i remember.. on the starting screen there was a little notebook where u could change it .... no idea if it was a modded version or the original ...

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
well a few versions back there was an option to rename the main character as far as i remember.. on the starting screen there was a little notebook where u could change it .... no idea if it was a modded version or the original ...
Honestly, I don't know, I haven't seen it.

I was not particularly concerned about the finished name of the main character, because we are playing this game on behalf of Sergei.

4.10 star(s) 26 Votes