Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Ok i used your file with the .29 version full game torrent, tried the quick start and normal start. Tried Fast Forward options and changing variables, but most of the houses never show. Suburbs only has the barber shop, and Valley only has Alena's house but cant go in. Looks like all of the Unlock "somebody's" house variables are broken.

beta033a

Jul 8, 2017
Ok i used your file with the .29 version full game torrent, tried the quick start and normal start. Tried Fast Forward options and changing variables, but most of the houses never show. Suburbs only has the barber shop, and Valley only has Alena's house but cant go in. Looks like all of the Unlock "somebody's" house variables are broken.
i'm having similar problems. i think that .29 translation is broken in a number of meaningful ways. it seems to be mostly the cheats though. Normal play-through seems to be ok, but messing with variables in the cheats does not do what they should.

lexxus

Oct 18, 2016
If Im not mistaken (my russians a bit rusty) there are a few things unique with this update.

First, he redid a vast majority of the images and webms and what not so there's a need to download the ENTIRE game file all over.

Second, he also rewrote and restructured a lot of the code base,far from everything, but enough to where most of our quick and dirty patches the users so generously provide actually fudge the new adjustments or stay connected to variables that dont exist in its present state. So the cheats specifically are bound to be affected.

and lastly third, Im fairly certain with reviewing the comments on his blog theres a ton of bugs in his new system he needs to repair before any meaningful 3rd party mods will be of any use.

Unlike last time he disappeared (illness) he was actually working on this update throughout so its a pretty hefty bit of redesign that probably might not be fully resolved until 30 drops. Just something to keep in mind I guess, I dont mean to be a downer.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Noted.... But please provide more description on how to replicate.
And yeah --- the variables are messed up all over the place...
Yeah, especially with mine being English instead of the Russian ones it's probably a bit of a nightmare right now.

Reactions: jaredforks

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Yeah, especially with mine being English instead of the Russian ones it's probably a bit of a nightmare right now.
And the cheats are very specific, it changes one variable, if he's changed how variables work (from on/off or open/closed to a stage1/stage2/stage3 kind of deal), what they are called (Avenger does seem to like a certain way of coding so perhaps he's got a new system for naming variables that's more homogonous but translates differently) or the interactivity between them by breaking up the story differently (Think of only meeting Mashas mother after Masha for example) it's all easily broken.

In all honesty, I'm amazed the Cheats have worked as well as they have for so many iterations. I mean, date/time cheats or the reset button/moneycounter cheats are not too likely to change, but everything else.. Regardless though, thank you for your work on previous iterations and probably future iterations too. :)

fotistse

Apr 27, 2017
After i got umar's number,i couldn't make any calls from the mobile..
It may have been after aurelia asked for help too.
I did mess arround with the save editor a little bit though

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
that why my save didn't work.
Generally speaking, QSP games do not auto update old version save games.

Your best bet is to start a new game using the community english translation (first post in this thread has all the links), it will allow you to update old save games that was created/started with the file provided as part of the translation project and NOT original file provide by the author/dev.

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Dumb question how do i burn saves?
With the Delete key.
Real answer? Go do Documents/Сохранения игр Quest Navigator Folder and delete everything in there. Beware this will delete saves for ALL Qsp games.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Your probaly transfering SOB saves, cause its REALLY hard to tell which is which. Or its the same as this game and saves from previous versions dont work.
The easiest way to find the correct folder and save files. Is to just load the game, make a new save. Then look for the time stamp on the save file. Or, write down what save folder belong to what game in advance.

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Your probaly transfering SOB saves, cause its REALLY hard to tell which is which. Or its the same as this game and saves from previous versions dont work.
Im transferring the right saves. It must be that the saves dont work with the new version.

4.10 star(s) 26 Votes