Irrfan007

May 9, 2020
It's because of how QSP works. If the variable names change (and if you are translating from foreign variable names -- it can and will happen. Especially if there are several translations out there) then the save files won't work.
This is normal.
damn, all this hard work and pain went in vain

PrEzi

Modder
Aug 17, 2016
damn, all this hard work and pain went in vain
Two ideas --- make sure that the QSP file has the same name (if it differs you won't be able to find and load your saves).
The second if really everything else wont work --- you could try to write all the variables down and manually transport them into the new save. Hopefully the variable names are not THAT different from the other version....
Else yeah --- it sucks...

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Fixed the issue in immigration. Along with a few others. Yet another regex use case I haven't considered. Thank you park870130 and PrEzi

My script should keep .qsp filenames and all the variables consistent once it's fully fleshed out which is why I said in my OP that I think (hopefully) it will also result in savefiles being compatible between versions.

Also updated in my de-facto OP

Reactions: PrEzi

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I wanna do a poll but it's not my thread :KEK:

What's the general opinion on the puzzle shit from the church at 00:00 (the one where you have to click the videos in the right order and if you get it right, something happens).
Like a whole character is locked behind that I think.

I plan to do a big round of QoL after the script is done and I was thinking of replacing that with a straight up menu of things to choose. That and removing the need for all the DLC passwords

PrEzi

Modder
Aug 17, 2016
I wanna do a poll but it's not my thread :KEK:

What's the general opinion on the puzzle shit from the church at 00:00 (the one where you have to click the videos in the right order and if you get it right, something happens).
Like a whole character is locked behind that I think.

I plan to do a big round of QoL after the script is done and I was thinking of replacing that with a straight up menu of things to choose. That and removing the need for all the DLC passwords
Reducing gring to a "normal" level is a great idea.... also most welcome change would be the DLC. Oh and don't forget the bags in the mall for the spanish teacher, and here and there a password requirement....
But IMHO -- for those who want to still have this option --- would be great to make it optional e.g. add a button to skip the mini-games etc. You catch my drift.

AstolfoRider

Dec 3, 2017
I modifed the .qsp file so it's kinda "incest patch".
I played a little and tried to find all variables that can bug because of that and as far all is working ok.
Changed several sentences and removed all "step things".
This is a patch that I made for myself, didn't check all game.

To be honest with all that machine translation it's not gonna change a lot. Also this game is hardly "incestish" and there is no this "forbidden" part at all despite the primal idea of "stepfamily". So as an incest game it's pretty weak.
Still if you want it - here it is. Replase the original file in SOA\assets\standalone_content. For 46.6 only, won't work on any other version.

Irrfan007

May 9, 2020
Two ideas --- make sure that the QSP file has the same name (if it differs you won't be able to find and load your saves).
The second if really everything else wont work --- you could try to write all the variables down and manually transport them into the new save. Hopefully the variable names are not THAT different from the other version....
Else yeah --- it sucks...
can you please elaborate the first one? same name means?

PrEzi

Modder
Aug 17, 2016
can you please elaborate the first one? same name means?
The name of the qsp has also an impact on where the saves will be stored. Means if you have an SOAv024.qsp and then switch to - lets say -- updated version named SOAv030.qsp then even thou it is same from variables perspective (maybe e.g. some bugs fixed?) it might happen that your game won't find the "old XYZ saves" anymore and will show as if you haven't played nor saved the game at all.
And in general all the machine translations done by different authors, different approaches, different vocabularies (especially for the variables), different scripts are not cross-compatible for savegames.... Sometimes even the authors themselves do some major overhauls to their scripts thus making old saves invalid (good example is SoB in version 0.30 where the author has cleaned up his coding making old saves obsolete).
Hope my explanation has brought some light to the problems of QSP engine (and engine alone.... from a technical point of view it could be solved with some slight modifications to QSP engine, e.g. by forcing the correct additional technical enumeration to variables, or if the authors would script it with the translations in mind, but I think this is a different story... ) :)

Last edited:

kars

Mar 6, 2017
is someone know where i can find the rich woman after obtained the King duck medal ? 1699916147705.png

and how unlock swimming pool ?
Thx !

ThePie

Jun 3, 2017
Fixed in latest update. Another small problem that had a huge underlying bug behind it. Fixed a couple more bugs in other places too. Thank you for the report.

Just wanted to give you a huge thanks and shout out for building this out and hopefully makes future releases smooth and timely.

A couple of other bugs I ran into while I was doing a from scratch playthrough yesterday but not sure if this new patch fixed them as I prob can't go back to those points.
  • Location issues in the villa while knocking down walls, could be related to the visitor doorbell, but basically I had to reload a save and knock down all the walls at once otherwise the map icons would've been unclickable.
  • Blank screen while trying to solve the IQ test questions in the Angel school kidnapping are.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Lokplart

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
Fixed in latest update. Another small problem that had a huge underlying bug behind it. Fixed a couple more bugs in other places too. Thank you for the report.

Thank you so much for this. Does this one not have the cheat mod? I managed to move my save file over to this one, but cant see the cheat mod option in the laptop anymore.

Tta1567

Nov 19, 2019
1699936466619.png

Is it an error or do I need to complete something else before I can open it, Even though I have completed the tasks in the police station? pls

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Thank you so much for this. Does this one not have the cheat mod? I managed to move my save file over to this one, but cant see the cheat mod option in the laptop anymore.
Nope. Not yet anyway. I explained why in greater detail in my OP

Reactions: Dgunslinger

ThePie

Jun 3, 2017
What I personally did to speed up my progress was do the DLC password inputs ASAP (church, hospital, I think one other place) and then I just used an online save editor to adjust the money as needed.

3.40 star(s) 26 Votes