DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
I feel like I'm playing a completely different game than what is advertised/what others are playing.

The preview pics show all these daz renders, yet when I start up the game, it is just random backgrounds with what looks like AI characters over it. There are no renders, just drawn faces pasted over blurry pictures of locations. The translation is... not good at all. And choices don't even matter. Picking your name doesn't matter either. You choose a name (the default is Nathan), but they all call you David instead. Like, wtf?

I see all these high reviews and people praising how great this game is, yet I just don't see it. I downloaded the game from the link on the main page, is there a different version that everyone else is playing? Or does this game have a bad start, but get better later?

It's just really confusing. o_O
It's not a bug. The name you chose will appear at a key moment in the story, and you will then understand why your name doesn't appear from the beginning. The same goes for the 2D renders at the beginning; gradually, the story becomes more real, and the renders go along with it.

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
Hello,
when start than:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/tl/english/script.rpy", line 17213, in script
old "Sophie"
old "Sophie"
Exception: A translation for "Sophie" already exists at game/LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy:17218.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
old "Sophie"
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
old "Sophie"
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2751, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 475, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 415, in add
raise Exception("A translation for \"{}\" already exists at {}:{}.".format(
Exception: A translation for "Sophie" already exists at game/LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy:17218.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SOPHIE: La fille de la zone v0_2.7
Sat Dec 9 06:26:07 2023

Whats That?

Thanks.

Greetings .
adata
Did you download my version or the compressed version?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I'm looking into it, but it's strange because the file "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" doesn't exist... Is it the PC or MacOs version?
Pretty sure Windows since the log says so: Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64

There is this to: /home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64

adata

Jun 6, 2020
No.
When Start, then:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 17217, in script
old "La Fille"
old "La Fille"
Exception: A translation for "La Fille" already exists at game/LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy:17222.

Full traceback:
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
old "La Fille"
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
old "La Fille"
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2751, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 475, in add_string_translation
File "I:\Spiele\La fille de la zone\Lafilledelazone-v0_2.7-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 415, in add
Exception: A translation for "La Fille" already exists at game/LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy:17222.

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Sat Dec 9 13:07:59 2023

Now nothing works anymore. Even if I remove the "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" mentioned above, nothing works. I have to overwrite the "script.rpy" from here with the original file, then it works again.

thanks.
adata

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
No.
When Start, then:

While running game code:
old "La Fille"
old "La Fille"

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
old "La Fille"
old "La Fille"

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Sat Dec 9 13:07:59 2023

Now nothing works anymore. Even if I remove the "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" mentioned above, nothing works. I have to overwrite the "script.rpy" from here with the original file, then it works again.

thanks.
adata

adata

Jun 6, 2020
No,
same result:

While running game code:
old "Sophie"
old "Sophie"
Exception: A translation for "Sophie" already exists at game/script.rpy:17214.

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
old "Sophie"
old "Sophie"

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Sat Dec 9 13:26:41 2023

Sorry.
But if I have the original "script.rpy" without the "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" in the "game" directory, then it worked. As I said, I just have to remove the two files "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" and "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpyc" and it works.

Greetings.
adata

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
No,
same result:

While running game code:
old "Sophie"
old "Sophie"

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
old "Sophie"
old "Sophie"

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Sat Dec 9 13:26:41 2023

Sorry.
But if I have the original "script.rpy" without the "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" in the "game" directory, then it worked. As I said, I just have to remove the two files "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" and "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpyc" and it works.

Greetings.
adata
Except that this file "LaFilledelaZone_script.rpy" should not exist... o_O

benny9188

Sep 10, 2020
nice game , mais je me demande comment on fait pour dire a eva qu'on l'aime (dans les choix), j'ai recommencé le prologue plusieurs foix avec different choix et en aucun cas je reussis a lui dire que je l'aime dans le bateau de fred, il y a toujours le cadenas rouge en haut a droite pour dire que l'action n'est pas possible.

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
nice game , mais je me demande comment on fait pour dire a eva qu'on l'aime (dans les choix), j'ai recommencé le prologue plusieurs foix avec different choix et en aucun cas je reussis a lui dire que je l'aime dans le bateau de fred, il y a toujours le cadenas rouge en haut a droite pour dire que l'action n'est pas possible.
Thank you for your positive feedback! It's always a pleasure. You'll find the solution in the link below:

Merci pour ton commentaire positif ! Cela fait toujours plaisir. Tu trouveras la solution dans le lien ci-dessous :

https://f95zone.to/threads/sophie-the-girl-from-the-zone-v0-2-70-davycroquette.147072/post-11958386

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Are you willing to step outside your comfort zone?
If you feel something is not right, don't worry,
for only he who completes the journey reaps his rewards.
Are you ready to question what you thought was real?
1702139768285.png
We might give into the paradigm of the promise laid out in the intent of the story,
but in so far as MC is pursuing this or that girl, we are willingly going along with
the heroine journey, most decisons are coming from whatever the heroine wants or needs:
Is Soph Soph confident to get out there? Will she come with MC?
Is Sarah confident to follow MC? Will she come with?
So on and so forth this game story goes ...
inviting players to abandon the notion of selecting a specific heroine to guide their journey.
Instead, I hope they allow themselves to be carried by the narrative thread,
immersing themselves in every twist and turn.
Story has a wee number of hiccups that keep popping up during scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The feels and the imagery of this game evoke such a downer perspective, it conveys a wasteland of foul emotions.

Last edited:

kostike111

Jun 2, 2017
Thank you for your positive feedback! It's always a pleasure. You'll find the solution in the link below:

Merci pour ton commentaire positif ! Cela fait toujours plaisir. Tu trouveras la solution dans le lien ci-dessous :

https://f95zone.to/threads/sophie-the-girl-from-the-zone-v0-2-70-davycroquette.147072/post-11958386
hi dev i see you start to add animations, that is very good and i hope you will ad them all time and more, now question, you plaing to add them only in future chapters or you will add in preiuous chapters too, thx

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
hi dev i see you start to add animations, that is very good and i hope you will ad them all time and more, now question, you plaing to add them only in future chapters or you will add in preiuous chapters too, thx
I am gradually incorporating them into the previous chapters.

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
View attachment 3158825
We might give into the paradigm of the promise laid out in the intent of the story,
but in so far as MC is pursuing this or that girl, we are willingly going along with
the heroine journey, most decisons are coming from whatever the heroine wants or needs:
Is Soph Soph confident to get out there? Will she come with MC?
Is Sarah confident to follow MC? Will she come with?
So on and so forth this game story goes ...

Story has a wee number of hiccups that keep popping up during scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The feels and the imagery of this game evoke such a downer perspective, it conveys a wasteland of foul emotions.
I appreciate your analysis, and for the most part, you're right. However, the beginning of the game starts after the prologue. Before the prologue, it's strange, destabilizing, uncooperative... Yes... and that's normal. Just let yourself go with it... Are you ready to question your reality? Not sure :p Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time for all these screenshots :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slick Bean
4.00 star(s) 20 Votes