Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Skipping this update. Because it is too small
Too small? The average update has 220 renders give or take, this alone has 435 renders. I mean sure if you played the 0.9.5 it just adds the second branch to it and the final scene for both branches so can start day 11 from a unified place. But then again, that branching thing should be known as I did it with day 5 already and will do it in the future.

And need to remember to update that patch notes in here.

Reactions: Paapi

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Man, I really wish these updates were longer.
I'm really enjoying the story and it's very rare to find a game here where the story supersedes the sexual element of the game.
Well done.

Just one question Talothral
Is the split branch of the story permanent or will we get a chance to do the other branch as well
for example, if you go the Gorgon route will I still be able to do the Association path in a future update and visa-versa

Right now I have two sets of save following each path

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
But the non-lethal failure points could easily if used too often, lead to portraying that main character as a bumbling fool, which is irritating to me personally. Occasional mess up is fine, but continuous isn't.
This line reminds me of an early 80's American sitcom called "The Greatest American Hero." The MC came across as a bumbling idiot, as everything he tried to do failed. I guess that is what happens when you make a school teacher a superhero using external sources.

Reactions: Talothral

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Too small? The average update has 220 renders give or take, this alone has 435 renders. I mean sure if you played the 0.9.5 it just adds the second branch to it and the final scene for both branches so can start day 11 from a unified place. But then again, that branching thing should be known as I did it with day 5 already and will do it in the future.

And need to remember to update that patch notes in here.
Yes. Played 0.9.5

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Just one question Talothral
Is the split branch of the story permanent or will we get a chance to do the other branch as well
for example, if you go the Gorgon route will I still be able to do the Association path in a future update and visa-versa

Right now I have two sets of save following each path
Choosing the branch is permanent, and it will affect what scenes you get, and how they play out. Occasionally it isn't obvious as you do interact with the same people. As an example, you meet Li on day 11 regardless of the path you are on, how she treats you will change depending on the path. Even that has a variation depending did you sleep with her or not.

But as far as this branch choice goes? It has a direct effect on how your ending will play out, it isn't the only thing that changes it but it plays a role in it. Is it good or bad? That depends on the other choices you make.

Yes. Played 0.9.5
Yeah in that case it might not be that big. So if you are happy with the gorgons there is no harm in it. If you want to see what the other branch has to offer, can always play the VN through again on a later date ;)

Reactions: Paapi and Repuci

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I enjoyed it. A good story full of intrigue. I thought maybe he (mc) was going to have sex with the gorgon. :sneaky:
Oh, gods that mess of a scene... Although, there is one big hurdle for anything major. Lack of anatomical elements for the gorgons >.> But for the bipedal gorgons there might be a chance, maybe, you have to wait and see. And no, the carpet doesn't match the drapes. ;)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
2 branches ??
Hmm? Yeah, day 10 has two branches (or paths), one with the gorgons and one with someone from the association. Both have different content and change some future scenes. Same with day 5 choices.

Reactions: Paapi

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Good story, setup coherent, job uncoomon but very fitting with is ongoing path.
Quite looking forward more, guess he will have to have a talk with the lady, as she is getting quite ahead, with good internt while it would be better to have him manage relationship at least with know peoples..

Now, onto day 10, wonder if the two will get trained then join back ?
.. :)

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
Not sure what i want more, more Kiri content or more Kiri content.

Like it so far, path diversions offer fair amount of replay value and faerie dragon is your best buddy, probably the sweetest girl too so yes i'm following this.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Really great story update. And Miyuki is finally back. Yay!

Do we get more content with the tiny fairies?
That was a nice little event right before the end of the update. (y)
_____

One thing though: I wonder if folks complaining about the MC's behaviour
really did carefully read the whole story.

The MC's line of work isn't exactly a normal 9to5 office job or something.
He seems to have been threatend and shot at on a regular basis,
he decided that a field medic conducts a field amputation of Susan's leg,
he seems to deal with all kinds of powerplay from underworld to
busines types on a daily basis. He has to and does weigh options,
benefits and outcomes constantly on the job to stay ahead and alive.
He can't afford to be fazed by surprises or the unexpected on a delivery.
So why oh why would he do so when something magical occures.
He is trained to react not to contemplate and be killed while contemplating.

I mean who do you drop off in enemy territory with a small squad?
Some regular 9to5 office worker or special forces like the SAS or SEALS?

I like that the MC doesn't cry over spilled milk but instead wipes the floor
and goes to buy a new bottle of milk.

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
It might seem cool to the writer, but this type of MC is so boring as the central character. I'm still in the beginning but he doesn't even seem human. He sees some crazy shit like magical bullet defense for the first time and takes it in as if it's nothing out of the ordinary. I don't care how calm and collected you are. If you see things that are not explainable, you will show some emotions. He keeps telling her that he doesn't believe in magic. Then he goes out and comes back to see the Asian girl fucking floating in the air with magical runes. His response is literally "That's nice."

Then he gets chased by inquisitors, turn invisible, etc. and this fucking guy has not one thing to say about his life turning into some DnD campaign overnight.

It takes some real writing chops to work with stoic main characters, and I wonder if the dev has that in him. You need to realize that we see and experience the world through the eyes of the MC, and if the guy is about as interesting as a dead fish... well...

Well this is the impression I got in the first 20 minutes or so. Lets see if things pick up.
I actually like this MC's demeanor. It's a nice change from the usual MC's that act like a testosterone fueled teenager. "OMG Look at those boobs, look at that ass, blaaaaaaaa!" That shit gets old really quick.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I'm a bit tired at the moment so might ramble, and waiting for some test renders to finish up for a set I need next before I go to bed.

Really great story update. And Miyuki is finally back. Yay!

Do we get more content with the tiny fairies?
That was a nice little event right before the end of the update. (y)
Maybe? The fairies are a bit extra content that wasn't really planned originally but were added when doing the scene because it felt right. Obviously, since I've opened up the script by giving you guys a choice on how that path to the end unfolds I need extra content for the choices that didn't exist in the script beforehand.

Anyway. Maybe, it depends on how things unfold and fit together, but at the moment thanks to 10 or so ideas that popped into my mind while I wrote this post, chances are high that they return for at least one extra scene down the line.

And for all of you, thank you for trying this little project of mine. And hopefully, you keep enjoying it.

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
Great story so far! Good writing and grammar is always a plus. Looking forward to more. I do think the scene lighting in the renders need to be toned down. Other than that, awesome VN so far.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I have to replay this game with different choices at some point, it looks like so many changes, really liked the update, the only bad thing is that it is over and I'll have to play more, loving the game so far.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
This update was ok. I guess. I like the game, but, I'm not a huge fan of Miyuki. I'm sure that puts me in the minority. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
drink or think?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The word you're looking for is Didn't,
"As I said. If I didn't, you wouldn't be here."
First. Drink, general advice in a similar situation if alcohol is present, which it often is.
Second, eh that's what you get when you are busy with three different things. Sorted.
This update was ok. I guess. I like the game, but, I'm not a huge fan of Miyuki. I'm sure that puts me in the minority. Anyway, keep up the good work.
Miyuki is sort of an integral part of the overall story, why? It will be explained. But hang in there, Susan and someone else is joining up soonish for more daily interactions, just need to ease them up into the playing field.

Last edited:
Reactions: damien_sensei

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
First. Drink, general advice in a similar situation if alcohol is present, which it often is.
Second, eh that's what you get when you are busy with three different things. Sorted.

Miyuki is sort of an integral part of the overall story, why? It will be explained. But hang in there, Susan and someone else is joining up soonish for more daily interactions, just need to ease them up into the playing field.
Yeah. I get that. Integral or not, I'm not a fan. Just like a I REALLY hate a certain 'Duckface' in another game that is 'integral'. I quit playing that one. I don't hate Miyuki, but, if she were to stuck in the cage that Chione was in, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Susan is my girl. With sides of the GILF and the Gorgons.

4.40 star(s) 141 Votes